Reviews for Prayers For Intercession
Mikiya2200 chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
As you can see I'm finally catching up with your stories. And although I swore to myself that I would only stay to the more happy ones I couldn't resist this.

Wow. You hit me where it really hurts with this one. There's this one line that keeps coming back to me: (Well, okay, 4 lines if you count them)

“Did you know it can also mean ‘asked of God’?”

Sam’s mouth twisted into a smirk, another macabre glint lighting the eyes. “Nobody asked for me, Padre.”

“Maybe your parents did,” Kelley replied easily.

The smirk became a humorless snort. “They got a lot more than they asked for, then.”

I think that was one of the most intense moments I have ever seen in a story and it HURTS to think that Sam could actually be thinking about himself like that.

Happy stuff, I need some happy stuff!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
AWW this was awesome

really great detail hun!

loved the way Sam's eyes glinted, how jack just knew

aw...awesomely written

really brilliant read thanks!

Hannah Roberts chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
That wonderful - it actually made me cry. You completely captured Sam's grief with only a few sentences, which is truly amazing. I love that this was from a stranger's perspective, which somehow makes it more intimate, if that's not a contradiction. We see the show from the outside, with no more insight to how Sam (and Dean) feel than Jack has in this story. We have to go on what they say and how they act. I can picture this so clearly in my mind because of how you describe Sam through Jack's eyes. Not to mention that I think you have Sam's reactions down perfectly, although I hope he wouldn't turn to drinking as an answer! But, it wouldn't be at all out of character for him to do so. You really made me stop and think with this one.
November'sGuest chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Very interesting...but I wonder what Sam was planning? Was he planning on joining Dean in Hell soon or bring him out? Somehow I'm pretty sure he was intending on joining him and that makes it even more touching that he stopped to pray first. This was a nice AU coda to Dean's death...I enjoyed your descriptions of everything and your characterization of Sam.

And, btw, you're SO not old. I actually had a huge crush on Mark Hamill when I was 11, lol!
psiChic chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
This was really well done...you make me cry and hopefulat the same time...Beautiful. :)
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
I loved the atmosphere that you created in this fic. So bleak and full of despair on Sam's part but at the same time, he's in a church and praying - with hope.

Great one shot!
may7fic chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Very nicely done. Outsider POVs are always intriguing and Jack's view of a very enigmatic Sam was excellent. I was deeply moved by Sam's telling of Dean's name to Jack. I could 'hear' the reverence and love in that one syllable. Thank-you.
HappyHoneyBee chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
I really liked this one, no surprise! Interesting to have the whole thing told through an 'outsider' perspective, it somehow brings Sam into sharper focus.

I think I've mentioned before how I like that while your fics can be angsty, they never feel gratuitously so. I think that reflects the mood of the show. No matter how dark and twisted and horrific *Supernatural* can get, it never feels hopeless, y'know? Unlike, say, *Battlestar Galactica*. (Absolutely brilliant, but eventually I just couldn't take it anymore.)

Anyway, my long-winded way of saying, great job AGAIN! For a while there I thought you'd fallen of the face of the Internet or something!
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Wonderful story, very emotional and heart-wrenching! I loved your POV of father Jack Kelley, the way he perceived the grieving Sam. I can very well imagine Sammy giving the priest the creeps with his ominous behaviour. Their prayer for Dean warmed my heart and left me with a sense of peace. Thank you for writing this terrific ficlet!
Floralia chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Wow. That was so beautifully written. Moving without being horrifically depressing. It’s interesting to see Sam’s grief from an outsider’s perspective, and the priest’s assertion that Dean is in a ‘better place’… This is such an effective piece. I love that there are still glimpses of ‘Sam’ and his humour and beliefs beneath the loss, and that you’re left with a feeling of hope despite everything. This is so well done.
LadyVic chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
That was just incredibly beautifully written. Powerful, moving. I am actually at a loss to express how perfect I think it was. Everything from the mood of it, to the way you introduce Jack, your view of Sam through Jack's eyes, the grief for Dean you evoke in the reader, right to that tiny little glimmer of "maybe Sam is working on something to get Dean back..."

When the priest says Dean is 'in a better place'-wow. Amazing writing Tfan.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
This was a wonderful piece. I'd love to see a follow-up where they meet again.
Still Awesome2009 chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
cool story
Ash8 chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
That was very powerful. Thanks for sharing.
Kaewi chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
I like how you've left a lot open here, and connected us to Sam's grief through an outsider's perspective. Very well done.