Reviews for Reunion Waltz
Duncan0Idaho chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
Now this is something i dont see within fanfiction too often, and when i do it's not as well written as here, the intellectual debate, the subtle way Lillet turned around the conversation and snatched the reins out of Bartido's hands with some well placed comments ( really needs italics, i cant put enough ommph) is very Lillet.

However the last line is a well pulled bittersweet ending, Bartido liking Lillet is not out of the realms of possibility, as a spy in my opinion (dunno if you share it) he is addicted to mental challenges, so Lillet prodigy that graduated in less than a week from the Silver Star Tower, defeated Grimmlet and Calvaros with remarkable cunning must have been the equivalent of love at the first punch.

This one shot reminds me strongly of Dune and it's political mind games, not in the same scale but the feeling, the vibe it gives me is quite similar (Dune's politics span an entire universe, Grim Grimoire involve a single country)

Keep up the good work, you get a 5/5 rating from me here.
Stray Sentinel chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
I really love your work! I've had to resort to reading stories form games I've never even played - I enjoy they way you write your character's so much. I hope you write some more for Amoretta and Lillet, they're just too adorable together. :D
Wolf-of-Five-Elements chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Very nice. I like the different POV and how the relationship between Lillet and Amoretta was portrayed through other people's eyes. I liked the mature Bartido as well.
Sailor Comet chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
Oh, this was nice. After finishing the game I knew I loved the idea of Amoretta and Lillet together, but then what about Bartido? I like the way you handled all that, Bartido as a charming diplomat, and the way Lillet lets him down and the way he pretends it's okay... hinting at the actual extent of his feelings, it's very sweet and kind of sad. Lovely fic!

Now going through the rest of your GrimGrimoire fanfic-my, you wrote 80% or so of the fics for this game, wow. They're very enjoyable, too!
Dracis Tran chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
So cute, they are :)

Based on your avatar over at animesuki, I went ahead and figured out what GrimGrimoire was. Imagine my surprise when I realized that I'd heard of it a while ago and hadn't played it... and it's produced by NIS! Being a huge Disgaea fan, it became apparent that I was missing out, and I bought it. I finished story mode this afternoon.

Thanks for being the catalyst for that.

As to this story, I feel sorry for Bartido; it looks like he actually did care. You seem to be operating under the assumption that Bartido never found out about the Groundhog Week, which makes sense.

Also, as a contra dancer, I happily clapped at Bartido's asking Lillet to dance at the end. Afterward, I would think that Bartido and Lillet would likely not let so much time pass between contacting each other... perhaps even (egads!) to become friends.
DreamShadower chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Oh, burned. I think I can smell the cyber smoke from over here. . You did a great job of maturing Bartido too. Twas great a thing to see

You gotta love gossip sometimes.
Jefepato chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
I started writing this review mostly because it was a convenient way to add you to my favorites list. Then I realized you were already on there. Oops.

Anyway. My personal interpretation of the Lillet/Amoretta relationship after finishing the game was pretty much exactly the same as Bartido's here, but you make your view work just as well. (Now that I think twice about it, it was made almost perfectly ambiguous in canon. How infuriating.)

The dialogue in a couple places is a bit too expository for my taste, but I don't know how you could correct for that without losing a lot of the point. (I suppose that's in the nature of short stories.)
Spikesagitta chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
ah poor bugger, but i enjoy seeing him get shot down, am i cruel or what?