Reviews for The Powers of Evil
toeki chapter 16 . 12/4/2015
hello again, wonderful story. i especialy like your characterization of lestrade as loyal and brave, as well as sir henris character and reaction.
toeki chapter 10 . 12/4/2015
Hello, I am currently reading all of your sherlock fanfics, and i am amazed because your writing style is very close to the original, and so far all stories i read were very, very good.
this one is no exception.
but in this chapter, there is something that irritates me: you describe watson as someone who does not like dogs. i think this is a bit odd, because i my copy of the study in scarlet, when mr. stamford introduces sherlock and watson to each other, watson says he is keeping a bull pup. so i do not think he dislikes dogs when he has one himself?
Zuzanny chapter 16 . 3/31/2015
Very nicely done. :)
Honor Reid chapter 16 . 12/4/2014
I greatly enjoyed this story. Thank you!
ThatSassyCaptain chapter 16 . 9/3/2013
AAAAAAAAAH!
I couldn't stop reading. I mean could not stop. I read the whole thing in 40 minutes (shhh I'm slow don't judge) and HOLY COW it's amazing. Fabulous. Perfect. Wonderful.
Werde Spinner chapter 16 . 8/19/2013
And the explanation did not come. But this serves just as well. Some things do not have to be outright acknowledged, only alluded to, between good friends.
Werde Spinner chapter 15 . 8/19/2013
Ha! Of course not! Who would want Stapleton to live? I honestly thought for a moment that Lestrade was just going to let Holmes kill him - Lestrade was awesome in this chapter, by the way - but his panicked dash into the mire served just as well. Poetic justice, indeed.

Of course, the explanation that Holmes had been there on the moor the whole time has yet to come...
Werde Spinner chapter 14 . 8/19/2013
Hang on, Watson! Don't give in to despair, don't give in to guilt - just hang in there!
Werde Spinner chapter 13 . 8/19/2013
Lestrade, you are so loyal. You really deserve more attention for your good qualities.

Argh. Holmes took care of the hound with more ease than I had expected, but NOW Stapleton is running towards Watson! Argh!
Werde Spinner chapter 12 . 8/19/2013
I really hope Holmes and Lestrade can handle the hound without Watson around!

...That rhymed. O.o Well, rest assured I did not mean it to be yet another canine joke!
Werde Spinner chapter 11 . 8/19/2013
AGGHH! Stapleton, the last person we want to see right now!

In other news, it is both touching and saddening that Watson tries to keep his wits about him by remembering all the escapades he has shared with Holmes since they met. Oh, goodness.
Werde Spinner chapter 10 . 8/19/2013
Oh, don't worry, I hate Stapleton as much as you do. Yeesh, you really do have a gift for writing terrifying villains here. Because Stapleton here is scaring me much, much more than he ever did in the actual book!
Werde Spinner chapter 9 . 8/19/2013
Oh, goodness! Is Stapleton really putting Watson on the same island in the mire as the hound? ARGGH! The countdown Watson and Holmes are running isn't helping my nerves at all here either, you know?
Werde Spinner chapter 8 . 8/19/2013
Once again, it seems Watson can handle the crises better than Holmes. Of course, I may be just biased there, since I've always, oddly enough, considered Watson a stronger character than our favorite consulting detective.
Werde Spinner chapter 7 . 8/19/2013
Now I want to reach through the screen and strangle Stapleton across the years... Gah! The suspense is too much. On to the next chapter!