Reviews for The Dogs and Shakespeare
Mr. Meowington chapter 24 . 8/24
pretty please tell me you're continuing this!
ChubbyQween chapter 1 . 5/23
It's such a pity that you gave this up. I have never seen the Dursleys shown so perfectly! The best thing was that you didn't make them love Harry instantly. No, they are still in the process of accepting him and I am sure that with time, they will finally be a real family.

I think your Harry will be a Ravenclaw, what with his penchant of wanting to know everything.
Tavi chapter 13 . 4/21
I cried in chapter 13. I loved it. Thank you.
A) I’ve just read the whole thing and it was amazing. Thank you for blessing me with the awesomeness that is this Fanfic
B) I WANT MORE
ReadingReadererReader chapter 6 . 1/28
This is a fantastic portrayal of the Dursleys. I dislike them, yet still can understand why they are the way they are and even feel a tiny bit sorry for them. But I still dislike them.
12456790coded chapter 4 . 10/15/2017
woah
Promissa Fidel chapter 24 . 10/2/2017
Goddamn this story is something else! You’ve done an incredible job of making three characters initially created to be unlikable, stupidly endearing. I love how they’re all still undeniably the Dursely’s but you’ve made them into interesting three dimensional characters with room for growth. It’s more work than JK Rowling ever thought to put into them that’s for sure! And the way you characterize Harry is so adorably unique. The childish logic with which he explains the world around him adds so much to the story! Anytime he and Dudley are interacting I cannot stop smiling. It’s just so damn cute!

I an indelibly curious to see what sort of relationship this Harry ends up having with his family once he reaches eleven. Or how Dudley reacts when Harry shows him his magic for the first time! Heck I’d like to just see how this confrontation between Dudley and Petunia is going to pan out. The build up you’ve created for the whole magic vs “normal” debate in the Dursely household has been so interesting, and I honestly don’t know how they’re going to reconcile it.

Also I’m stupidly curious as to how Harry received that magical picture of his parents. Is this Dumbledore’s intervention perhaps?

Honestly, I’m heartbroken to see the story abandoned, especially when it’s so well written and has such potential. I realize life often gets in the way and sometimes we need to move on to other pursuits, but I would still encourage you to take a look at this story with fresh eyes try to finish it. If only because it’s the most well-handled and creative Dursley fanfic that I’ve ever read! And bear in mind I have been an avid fanfiction reader for about thirteen years now.

Whatever you decide, I’m thankful to have read the story as it exists right now! It’s fantastic and you should be damn proud of it!
Himawari-no-Ichizoku chapter 24 . 9/1/2017
"Bit late to take him back to the stork."

Annnnnd I'm saving that for when any of my siblings or cousins piss me off in own way or another.
Shae Vizla chapter 24 . 8/11/2017
Good story, well written and consistent. The four majors characters are well described and their evolution is believable. Petunia is blinded by her love for Dudley and her hate/fear for magic but learn to accept Harry. Vernon had to jungle between making his family happy and be a decent man and the accident gave him a good excuse/motivation to change things. Dudley became less self-centered but he's still a child and going to school make him realize his mom's strange aversion for magic. Harry know he's different and he's able to feel other are. His life change for the better but he's intelligent and wise enough to not let himself forget and try to be careful.
Suicidal chapter 7 . 8/4/2017
Children do realize that they are being treated differently. I was 4 when I said to my friend (who I had to talk to through hidden notes left on the fence between our gardens) that I wish I had died with my parents because it would make my family happier. This is because I looked like my mum who my whole family hated. Even my siblings got treated slightly better.
jflamewalker chapter 24 . 5/3/2017
Thankyou for writing this, its wonderful.
Mother of Tears chapter 24 . 3/4/2017
This is another one of those incredibly well-written unfinished gems. I particularly like how you capture the childish personality of little Harry. Perhaps one day you will finish this. I hope you do!
Anna chapter 24 . 1/24/2017
Love it :D! Any Chance for an update:)? Please!
Ea chapter 24 . 1/24/2017
muhahahaha
Ea chapter 22 . 1/24/2017
This is gosh darn amazing