Reviews for De Profundis Clamo Ad Te Domine
VoluptuousSurrender.Wanderlust chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
Such a well written, tragically beautiful story...I loved it.
Emily chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
So beautiful, you made me cry.
elwren75 chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
Oh my, oh my, oh my . . .

I don't really know what to say. This was very well-written and original and clever. I'm a sucker for happy endings, thought and I'm not sure if this qualifies or not . . .

I do love it though, but I don't know if I like the way Logan concluded things. If I were Rogue, I'd be very angry with him. I would have liked him to try out some of those ideas that came to him about getting around my untouchable skin. Seems a missed opportunity for inventive fun.

He also didn't really give her a chance to catch up to him; but she'll forgive him . . . :)
lady.lucks chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
so i'm fully aware that you wrote this eight long years ago, but i want you to know, first of all, in the first paragraph alone, you had me hooked. (and please forgive me if this review seems stilted, i'm reviewing as i'm reading so i don't miss a thing i want to say!)

the metaphors you used were not only beautiful but the visual they provided was amazing; i could see the rosebush, could see the pearly white thorns. and at the end of all of that, the line:

'it just...was. had been. would be.

always would be.'

struck me as profound. everything up until that line sums up the agony and loveliness of falling in love, of being in love, of loving. the way you described his fear... it was real. it was believable. unlike other fics i've read where they skim over his fear and uncertainty, you jumped right in and tackled it, bared it for the world.

the references in regard to the years he spent as 'the beast' were perfect; the description of his living in madness was like watching a movie or living it first-hand. you pegged the emotional dead space of being a vet dead on, the constant back-and-forth and up-and-down. the panic and desperation when he would pray got to me, especially 'never forgiveness; he didn't deserve that, he knew. but courage, relief, a break... all those, and things like them, yes.' was epic. i can't think of a single person who's never hit rock bottom and begged god for those exact things. i almost thing you write these things from personal experience, and if you don't, my god you're a poetic genius.

the slow build-up, from guilt to affection, was amazing. i can see the cogs in his brain working the technicalities of just what he was feeling until he understood them. the part of that that really got me was '...afraid he wasn't capable of that kind of emotion, and now he'd discovered it was more than just possible, it was something he was good at.'

i can only imagine the awe that followed that realization for him.

the battle of confusion and curiosity was a bit painful to read and the wavering of 'should i stay, should i go' came across much, much more endearing than it had in the movie and series. he cares for her, loves her even perhaps, and you've done really well in keeping that want real in the face of 'what he has to do.'

his own musings about her, from 'sniffing around like a lunatic' to '[negotiating specifics' about jumping off a cliff made me giggle. i've said it a dozen times (at least) and i'll probably continue saying it until this (ridiculous) review is over, but you've made logan/wolverine human in the most palpable of ways- he's more than just a character in a book or on the screen the way you've portrayed him. he's your average joe, the mechanic down the street, the soldier, a friend, a stranger. he's a man struggling with a very real (and in some ways wrong) desire but more importantly realizing that he doesn't have to be alone, he doesn't have to wander from place to place, that home really is wherever the heart hangs its hat.

the insanity that follows his realization literally had my nerves on edge; where's this going? how far? will he get the girl? what now! tell me! (i am obviously not very patient once things really get going) but the bit of coming to the mansion with it's revamped security was quite funny. :)

the whole of the end, though, was heartbreaking. that was definitely not how i wanted it to end; where's the happily ever after? where's the love and the beauty and forever? even with all the demanding i'm doing in my head, i'm glad, really, that you took this to places a lot of people don't. they go for the cheery ending, the forever-ever. few dive head first into the pit of hell that this relationship could really and truly be.

kudos love.

all in all, i thank god this is a trilogy. your writing is absolutely wonderful. it's so damn refreshing to see your talent, ff isn't really overrun with this sort of gem.

i apologize now for being so damn long winded but this was fantastic. a definite rec in my circle now. ;)

thank you for sharing (and for reading this!)
Ashnan chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
You said this is the first of a trilogy. Where can I find the other two stories? Please, let me know. I really want to read them.
Marie chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
Your fic is fantastic,the end made me cry like a baby and i don't cry easily.I really hope you write more on 're a great writer please write alot more fics.
h chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
h
allen chapter 1 . 5/4/2002
neato.
Mouse4 chapter 1 . 9/30/2001
that was very sad but it was also very god I want to know what happens next
VivianeAreyn chapter 1 . 9/28/2001
Its been awhile and I'm tired of reading this story over and over and over...

Oh! Uh,question: I was watching the fast and the furious and I had an idea sort of a challange really. Since you like wrote an increadible story, could you write one where Dom and his gang come to New York and Marie gets involed and as she has a really big bet on one of her races Logan comes back and tires to find what she is hiding from everybody. I'd write it myself but last two writting assignments I got 60's on. It's stupid I know but you know once you got an idea you can't really think of anything else. Okay I'm the biggest idiot in the world for writing this;-)
MidKnight2501 chapter 1 . 9/28/2001
wheres the rest of the series? aww, come on, please with sugar on top...you have to tell us what happens! i loved it!
burgundyburning chapter 1 . 9/18/2001
excellent
greendragoness chapter 1 . 9/17/2001
Aiee! I saw this a while ago on another archive, and I wondered if you had given up on the promise of more to come. Please don't. ;) I might just have to bribe the plotbunnies to be fruitful and multply...
Marxbros chapter 1 . 9/16/2001
Nice story! I can't wait for the other two parts.
asp chapter 1 . 9/16/2001
Wow, that was amazing. The idea of Logan and Marie together like that is almost...kinda kinky. Varry interesting. Ok bunnies, bug her some more until she writes the next one!