Reviews for Shattered Crescent
SelfcreatedCharacter chapter 16 . 2/12
This is a well written story! An unlikely tale to the boot; the words are charming in its own right. Yami Bakura is one amusing character. You made him the similar to the crude bastard yet made him even more endearing. I wonder how in the world you did it, but it works wonders. Honda as Ryou's caregiving friend! Okay... that part had me in the dark. It seemed like Honda liked Ryou that way and then you smeared the friendship. Bakura Ryou is one of the most enigmatic characters ever to portray. In your own right, he's pretty darn good.
Charnette x chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
This fic is one of my fave tendershipping fics, great job and I'm still praying for a sequel ;-)
Donteatacowman chapter 16 . 2/12/2014
Ah! It ended better than I expected, considering I expected one or both to die (with the last chapter beginning with no hint as to the conclusion, meaning it had to be fast). I wish it had been more stretched out but I don't know how much more you could have told. Lovely story, absolutely excellent. (It actually reminds me of a friend's RP where their relationship echoes this one, and Ryou is an officer, although Bakura is a serial killer doctor not artist. Though it was created years after this was published.)

Beautiful AU. Thank you.
Jamie Wilson chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
I read this in two days. I stayed up entirely too late reading it. At first I wasn't sure it would be any good-I've been in a weird mood about fic lately and figured it'd be another thing that I'd skim through the first chapter of before closing and never looking back.
Obviously, I was wrong.
Your story gave me a strange feeling. Kind of empty, like I felt sick, but not as harsh as usual (there've been fics like that before). The sadness in it, the horror, it made me feel a little bit hollow, but then you went and put a band-aid on it with Bakura's feelings and Ryou's happiness in the little moments.
A few things didn't make sense-mostly the talk about words, how things were said. It felt kind of like "This should've been written in a different language then English. It would've made more sense in a more complex language (if I could understand that language, which I only speak English :P) where the difference in words and ways of speaking, formal vs. informal are most pronounced." Given that, I'm happy it is in English so I could read it :) But it that's what it felt like.
I liked that you made it feel authentic, keeping with the Japanese culture in a way a manga would whereas most stories skip right past that. The ending of course wasn't my ideal one-I'd hoped Ryou would run away with him but knew that would never happen. I feared the worse. I thought Ryou wouldn't live to see the end, or that your metaphorical band-aids would run out. The ending was nice, though. It fit. It felt sort of like another band-aid, and that was much appreciated.
I wish you would've written out the romance scenes a little more. Most of the time I had no idea they were kissing until it was just about over. I appreciated the way Bakura thinks of himself, the capital Me (though it made it a bit awkward to read personally 'cause I kept pausing over My like you do when there's a comma and thinking "Wow, if he actually speaks like that he probably sounds really weird").
Overall, I'm now left thinking "Okay, that review was much longer and ranty than I wanted it to be." Still, it is surprisingly more coherent than usual. And I think there was a point to this...
Great story. Wish it didn't have to end.
YamiBakura666 chapter 16 . 3/27/2013
Absolutely loved it! you should make a sequel when they meet again w the note at the end was pure genius !
Seqka711 chapter 16 . 2/2/2013
I loved this story An interesting premise and well thought out! I don't know whether to wish for a sequel or if this ending is already too perfect
Instafave
Kai Do'Malley chapter 16 . 1/14/2013
This is beautiful and amazing. You are awesome.
The dark of night5 chapter 16 . 1/2/2013
Whoa...this...was awesome...not only do you have skill and GRAMMAR, you had a very good storyline as well. I approve. I approve very much! .
Little.Broken.Wings chapter 16 . 9/23/2012
this was an absolutely fantastic read, interesting throughout there wasn't a single moment that made me just wanna skip and move on quicker. The pace was fantastic and the characters were brilliant especially Bakura and Malik.
I found Bakura really alluring at the beginning and found it very believable that Ryou would have fallen for him so quickly and so hard
and Malik, though his part was small, was really fantastic and in character. Also congrats! You made me not hate Kaiba (at least for this one fic) I loved the empathy between him and Malik
and Honda! Made my heart ache, he just wanted to be a good friend!
And the end was perfect. Couldn't and shouldn't have ended any other way.
All in all a really fantastic, intriguing read even if I do normally tend to shy away from gore and AU this was not what I was expecting at all!
Crystia chapter 16 . 4/29/2012
Wow. Their relationship was so twisted and messed up, and it just screamed imminent doom, but...I couldn't put this story down. This story was interesting, eerie, funny, and fascinatingly morbid all at the same time...

All that being said, thanks for writing this story till the end. I enjoyed it. .
Ittoki Otoya chapter 16 . 2/29/2012
Is it possible to ask for an epilogue? D:

It seems sad that we never know what happened to the two of them in the future.
illusionneverchangedx chapter 16 . 1/4/2012
Omfg I lied this fic sooo much! I loved the way u made Ryou and bakura's characters! I loved the way u portrayed their love! It was beautiful! This fic was absolutely amazing! Perhaps a sequel is in mind? Anyways this was a brilliant story! I loved it ;D
Kiara victory Tatsu chapter 16 . 11/9/2011
Omg I just realized that I never gave a review for this story the first time I read it!(which was like 1-1/2yrs ago)

Anyway just had to say that this has got to be one of my fav. AU fic's in existence! It is so well written and I just love the story line! heck if it ever got a sequel I would most definitely read it in a heart beat, just because this one was so awesome!
Aeleita chapter 16 . 11/2/2011
Best. Ending. Possible.

Loved. It.
Aeleita chapter 8 . 11/2/2011
I absolutelylove the way you put the facts and truth into this story and have them staring the characters in the face, but they dont see it. So few authors can pull this off.