Reviews for Ave Maria
ccase13 chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
You know life's tough when having killed yourself could be a better thing than having survived.
TheKritty chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
*drops*

a way to go,huh? Oh death!fics are always so hard for me to read, and I did it anyway...and also in this case I couldn't help but cry. I just can't bear it when Dean (and Sam ofcourse too) istn't alive and kicking...

But this story wasn't just tragic and sad, there was also some hope - it was clear that Dean was dead but he wasn't in hell and through the lyrics of Ledzep and so on, there was some kind of comunication and that made my heart hurt a bit less, get what I mean? It was still friggin heartbreaking though...

Loved it, very very very very well written!

Kritty

PS: Gimme Back My Bullets - *LOL* So typical Dean...I loved that!
Dugleik chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
You made me cry.
x0lovelyyyx0 chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Jesus ... *clutches heart*

ouch. this hurt .. so achingly beautiful
papergrape chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
Another kind of fic I don't normally prefer-the deathfic. But you write so well I really couldn't help myself! And behold, I actually (really) enjoyed this story. It was so subtle and real-life-all those little details, how Sam grieves, the things that remind him of his brother, of life and life no longer-Sam breaking down at the simple feel of Dean's physical body through his jacket, the M&Ms in the glove box, holding the warm grip of the bat.

I thought it was also well done the way you flashed back and forth between scenes before and after Dean's death. Those brief glimpses of Dean alive with his plan, while Sam goes along none the wiser, thinking there's more time, are absolutely devastating when sandwiched between scenes of Sam's grief, his unanswered questions, his loss.

You mentioned Catholicism enough throughout this story and the previous one that I wondered if you weren't going to add a gut/knife twist at the end. I've always thought that Catholics believe that suicide is a mortal sin, and that the soul of someone committing suicide cannot enter heaven. (I may be wrong these days). This would have made Dean's soul forfeit to hell by his choice. I was so relieved when you didn't go that road. My willingness to undergo emo torture goes only so far!

Thank you for sharing!
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
Oh, wow.
hermitme chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Good story. Very forceful. Nice job.
Deanish chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Oh.

This was so quiet and somehow still so painful. Like Sam was too numb to even be properly hysterical. I don't even know what to do with myself now.

Really good.
PADavis chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
OK so I cried like a baby reading this. And threatening Sam if he tries to commit suicide - heartbreaking. And man - this: "For a second, I can’t move. I don’t want to know. Why would Dean take notes in his socks? Or, worse, in my socks?" had me laughing in the middle of this exquisitely tragic story. Thanks for the emo fest. Phoebe
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
*is weeping*

I could barely get through it...I'm never reading a deathfic again. Beautifully written, but such ache bursting through the words... Just reading 'Dean is in th backseat" killed me even before Sam began to sob. (And then that killed me all over again)

-Sera
Maz101 chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Yep! he could definitely do it - I could see this happening. But it won't. Go on.. write another where it doesn't. Good take though.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Although I couldn't work out the music clues without your prompts, that's probably just because I couldn't see the computer properly for the mascara in my eyes...

This was probably one of the saddest fics I've ever read, so sensitively written and perfectly capturing Sam's voice and his thought processes. Sam's remembering he was looking for socks when he received the call from the hospital was just so realistic as it's just the sort of thing that would stick in your mind at such a terrible moment.

The scene where Sam's trying to decide what he should do with his future without Dean is kind of a quiet Sam-like version of Dean's "What am I supposed to do?" in AHBL2, and I loved Dean's anger at the thought that Sam might throw away the gift that he has given to him and not carry on with his life.

Absolutely marvellous. although it's going to take me a while to get over Sam's falling apart as he and Bobby prepare Dean funeral pyre. I might stop sniffling in a few hours.
may7fic chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
This just gutted me and I'm just devastated that he's gone even if there's the small consolation that he went on his own terms.

This was such a powerful piece of writing and characterization. So very impressive. Guh... I tell myself not to read deathfics because they just destroy me but you write so well, I had to give this a shot. This *did* destroy me but it was beautifully written and you did give fair warning, so I have to live with the emotionally draining consequences.

Now I'm off to bed, with eyes and nose too puffy and stuffy to fall asleep ;)
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
Brutal. Just...gah. BRUTAL. I'm still trying to figure out a way to breathe. This was wretchedly, amazingly good writing. *cries*
Pedellea chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
Bitter, bitter, bittersweet. Wow. I could feel Sam's emotions, the intensity of the loss, the uncertainty of what to next, and the surreal nature of the death of a loved one.

I loved the little codes you threw in on behalf of Dean, too. Do they actually equate to songs and lyrics? That was pretty genius.

Thanks for the new piece. A great follow-up-of-sorts to Life At Sea!