Reviews for hackGU The Staircase to Nowhere
Miyu-Moon chapter 10 . 11/6/2009
Well, like you wrote, Skeith has a point. I feel pity for Haseo, that he is caught in his struggle between trust and distrust.

Huh, that was harsh, to bet the poor Kuhn up. But I can understand Pi, to a certain degree.

He listen to her private thoughts, without her permission.

It would be the same, as your perky, little brother would eavesdrop your telefon talking. (On the other side, I wouldnt bit the crap out of him. Geez, this woman has a problem with the right dealing of problems or her own frustration.

Why is he that surprised?

I have the feeling that he would be totally lost, without the advise of his Magus.

Ehm, has she broken him some bones?

Hm, why does she physically beat him, if she only must use his real name against him?

But Pi needs a lection in non-agressive problem-dealing. She cant beat up every annoying person into pulp.

I am wondering how her dearest Master Yata would react if he could see that. Would he probably send her to an psychologist?

Whos crazy ideas was it (except you as author) to entrust her with a kid?

How old is Kuhn now?

He will praise the fact, that Haseo has an excellent healer in his party. If he gets the chance to meet Atoli.

I will wait for that.

Ah, on last thing. With which version of Sakaki teh are dealing with? His adult form or his kid form?

Or is it a kid with green hairs?

I had to admit something to the nightmare-part. Cause I have trouble to understand some words in there, I am not sure, what the nightmare-figure was intending to do with Atoli.

And why is she dreaming that kind of stuff now?

Was that a memory from Haseos bloody past or did she mixed it up something, that someone in her human past, was intending to do so? (some stranger or at least Ovan?)

I would be glad, if you would explained that to me via eMail.
twilightwrites chapter 10 . 11/5/2009
Dammit, enough with the cliffhangers! You seem already capable enough to hold the audience in suspense without them! Besides, they really annoy me...:(

Anyway, as usual, you provided an awesome chapter, with a few spelling errors here and there, but nothing too bad. Update soon!
authorgal282 chapter 10 . 11/4/2009
Great chapter. I hope Atoli and the others find Haseo. :(

Can't wait for the next chapter!
The Azure Guardian chapter 10 . 11/4/2009
Wicked chapter. Magus was AWESOME! I think Magus is gonna be my favorite character in this. It sucks that Kuhn ended up crying. I never saw him as the type to cry in the games or manga. Nice one with bringing back the "Old hag" reference Haseo uses in Volume 1. And FINALLY we see someone use other Epitaph User's real name against them in a battle. Too bad it was against Haseo. And poor Atoli. So fragile. And I'm guessing the "metal claws" from her nightmare is Haseo's 3rd (Flick Reaper) form? I can't wait to see how he changes forms in this.
Stygian Styx chapter 9 . 9/19/2009
Great chapter!
Shaveza chapter 9 . 8/18/2009
Awesome fight scene! I really enjoyed it. The Temptress' Fatal Flaw is his lungs...that makes an interesting kind of sense. If an animal of prey were to have weak lungs, it'd need to find some way to lure in its prey without physically taxing itself too much.

It doesn't matter who's what gender in a situation requiring CPR...life or death for a person, are you going to complain about giving someone of the same gender as you? But I understand what you're thinking. I've seen all sorts of pairing fanatics go off on loose hinges because of even the slightly thing that really isn't anything at all.

Well, it saddens me a bit that the awesome chapter titles will be going away after Chapter 10, but maybe you kind find some other neat trick to title the chapters?
kingleby chapter 9 . 8/18/2009
whoa, awesome fight scene! and i didn't find the thought-speech confusing at all, it was pretty clear.

lol, i find it a bit funny how much smaller skeith is compared to the other avatars, he's such a shrimp _

i loved the haseo taking the hit/atoli healing him scene, really cute.
Ryuacchi chapter 9 . 8/18/2009
DON'T YOU DARE MAKE ME WAIT FOR MONTHS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER AGAIN.

Yeah, I have been lurking on your fic for a while now, and I say it is beautiful! Especially Haseo's and Skeith's characterizations - and I have to say, all of them now seem to be interesting characters. Too bad I'll have to wait until Ovan's next appearance, huh?

The latest chapter wasn't confusing for me at all! The POVs did change, but the change was quite obvious and done well. The talking mechanism thing wasn't confusing, too. And I'm amused at Sakubo giving Endrance CPR. I happen to actually LIKE Sakubo, and yes, she/he amuses me. 3

I can help you with musical terms? XD I know a couple that you can use. 3

Now go and don't make me get excited for nothing! I wanna see Pi and Kuhn and Yata already asdfghjkl
authorgal282 chapter 9 . 8/17/2009
You know, occasionally, I start to read a story that starts out great. But once the next chapter gets here, the author stops making sense and I lose interest. And this story is definately NOT one of those. IT WAS AWSOME! I SO can't wait for the next one. I can honestly say that I have never read a fanfiction with so much originality in it. Can't wait for the next one.

Authorgal Out :)
twilightwrites chapter 9 . 8/17/2009
For a minute there, you had me worried. When I was reading the beginning of this chapter, I was like "Where'd the badass fighting scenes go?" But then once again, you stupified me (or at the very least shut me up) with one of the most epic battle scenes I've ever read in this fanfiction! Update soon!

I don't have the strength to wait 6 months! DX
The Azure Guardian chapter 9 . 8/17/2009
Nice chapter and the fight was great. Nice power for Endrance, able to make his opponents turn into dolls (sort of) for a while. And I guess Saku's dream came true, in a way (kissing Endrance, even if was by CPR).
Freedomstrike35 chapter 9 . 8/17/2009
six months? your a horrible person... but then again here it is. (I did like the fight scene tho)
Miyu-Moon chapter 9 . 8/17/2009
The switch of the point of view, wasnt so much confusing at all. (I write myself in that style, so its familiar to me.)

First question: Why you change the nature of the spell Ani Zot? Were you afraid that people could confuse it with AIDA (if you call the black stuff AIDA)?

Duk Lei is the toxic spell.

Ehm, did I understand that right? Endrance cut Haseos arms off?

Ah, thats interesting.

Poor Atoli didnt know the true meaning of being a Harvest Cleric. Hm, that means for me, that I have to change her bios, based on that new information.

Hey, I faced the same problem before, as you introduced the word "Guardian" for the shell-like change into the real form of an Epitaph-User. So its not a mere "fighting-form", but an armor-form with own reflexes? (The Atoli-Guardian stood for herself in the last chapter and it didnt seem, that the new-born Chigusa would only waste a thought of her blonde mirror-image.)

Oh, you characterize Endrance personality so well. If I am allowed to say that: I am proud of your writing skills. No, you can be proud of them. Thats how Endrance would be, without the Shonen-ai-influence.

Ok, back to the story.

Hm, are you sure that a wound can get infected that fast? According to my knowledge the process needed at last, some hours or days to grow full to that what we call an infection. And you need a pollution (bacteria, body toxins), too.

Thats an interesting topic that Epitaph-User cant die, but can get comatose. Well, that close the circle. I was wondering why Atoli didnt ended up comatose, after the data-drain from Haseo. I like how Skeith is capable of worrying about his User.

If its that badly to him, than I cant imagine what Macha went through.

Oh, you have forgott to list up the other fatal flaw that Haseo possess. Skeiths Rage. Its strange- I am not supposed to laughing about that part in the text, didnt I?

How does it come, that Haseo represented the japanese-write-style, if he grows up in an american-like state?

How did Atoli know, how to contact or go to Sakakis sphere/world?

Thanks, you remember my firt problem. That reminds me, to hit my beta-reader for his lateness.
RevivedSin chapter 9 . 8/17/2009
That was... really well done. Can't wait for the next one.
Molly Renata chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
Well, yeah, just wanted to let you know... I love the story (added it to my favorites and all) but there's ONE little problem that's always irked me...

And that's the spelling of Haseo's name using Japanese characters. Just wanted to inform you, it's spelled, "ハセヲ" (hasewo) in katakana. Sorry for being nitpicky XD
107 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »