Reviews for Catharsis
Azar Suerte chapter 1 . 9/16/2002
This is beautiful. Simple and honest and a perfect snapshot of the grief we all still feel even now, a year later. Thanks for sharing it.
vbkm chapter 1 . 9/19/2001
Wow. That was...deep? I can't find the words but it was well written.
Sunny chapter 1 . 9/16/2001
A beautiful story. Tragadies such as this often make people eloquent and reflective which is a extra comfort. We will all get through this.
Firebrand1 chapter 1 . 9/16/2001
Nice. Apt too.
Shai Ryder chapter 1 . 9/16/2001
Thank you for writing this.
Elisa chapter 1 . 9/15/2001
Thank you, for being strong enough to write this. Our hearts and prayers go out to the many lives this tragedy has shattered.
devisun7 chapter 1 . 9/15/2001
This is absolutely fabulous. Thanks for this piece. It really touched me.

dev
Lassar chapter 1 . 9/15/2001
Very nicely done, I cannot see how anyone would object.
FyireFly chapter 1 . 9/15/2001
That was so good. This story put this in perspective for some. I myself am eight hours away from NYC. I have nothing to contribute. The donation stations are by appointment only. Mine is in two weeks. The only thing that I can freely give, is my love and support to those families who need it. Three very good friends of mine are in or have family in NYC. My heart goes out to them. Please take care, and may God watch over you. *Jessi*
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 9/15/2001
A note from the author - thanks to anyone reviewing this... I'd planned to write something similar post OKC/Murrah bombing, but at the time, I didn't have the words. The expressions on the faces of the individuals near where I worked and lived at the time looked as I've described here... and it's an interesting fact that on the day of the bombing - not a single crime, of any kind, was reported in the city for about three days, leading from the moments after the bomb exploded. All of the citizens of Oklahoma City stood together at that time. There were lines around blocks to donate blood, and unfortunately, there was also a simmering rage at people who resembled those that were assumed to commit the act at the time (it was speculated that it was committed by Muslim/Arab terrorists in the early days - then it was pinned on radical Black separatists during the crazy days after the bombing, and people I knew - and I myself - were targets of epithets and threats (hence Irons' statement); When it was discovered that Tim McVeigh was the bomber, all the insults stopped, like someone turned off a faucet. I wrote the story, too, because, in all likelyhood, a large number of the firefighters and police officers who likely died trying to get people out of the WTC were in OKC after Murrah - which to my eyes, makes them double heroes. They saved people despite race, creed or religion - let's use that example to go on with, and hopefully make the world a better, if changed place. May whatever you hold holy aid us all on this planet - remember - We have to live together - where else can humanity go to?

Tracey Claybon, september 15th, 2001
Divamercury too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 9/15/2001
That was awesome! I'm writing something along those lines, too. Good job!
Alaskantiger chapter 1 . 9/15/2001
Really good. :)
Kalder-maaren chapter 1 . 9/15/2001
I'm glad you wrote this. I actually had something similar half-composed. But I can't bring the two worlds together. I'm glad someone else could.
Quakky chapter 1 . 9/15/2001
prett good, although i think that at least someone could have could have called sooner. Wondered how long it would take to write a fic on it
roguegal17 chapter 1 . 9/15/2001
Thank you for sharing this story, your thoughts and sorrows. You did a wonderful job showing your respect to those at the sites who ARE the real heros of this world. I was wondering if and when someone would write a WB fic in relation to the horrific events at the WTC and the Pentagon. It so surreal that I'm still trying to absorb it all. Thank you once again.