Reviews for Tracers
gaiawolf chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Yeah, that sounds like what I go through. I'm assuming the streamers are those floated, those ocular migraines that one gets before the onset of a migraine. Granted, I never get flashbacks, but Kaiden is a better man to be able to power through one then I am. Me, I go blind when one hits.
Kurosawa-san chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
great attention to detail. loved it!
LuffyMarra chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Great story. I really liked it.
BRKylegmail.com chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Excellent vignette - I know how a migraine feels too, and you have it spot on. AND Shepard's reaction, typical. Your style is tight and crisp, and very visual. I was there, in it!

But recall that Kaidan would most likely have a self-injector in his suit for such emergencies.
AoidesDiscards chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
I'm new to this, so I'm not sure how much constructive comment I can add but I wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed this story. You managed to achieve a good level of character development for Alenko in a short span. Specifically, the way his backstory, both cannon and invented, was woven in worked really well. Together with the description of the migraine you provide an interesting and engaging take on Alenko's character. So I guess thanks for the story!
WarriorDrgnMage chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
That's one bitch of Migraine he had. It last from Feros to the two worlds you learned about there...

Anyways, a good story on the whole. The time line is slihtly confusing at first but works well in context. I thought the ending bit was a nice touch.

Ta!

~L~
MidniteLayce chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Made me frown, made my eyes widen, made me wince, made me smile sadly, and made me chuckle. I really liked it and thought that you stayed true to their character. It was also in an interesting writing style, which made the tension rise and the story fast-paced. Great one-shot! _

~MidniteLayce19
Niirfa chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Nivenus here.

This is a pretty good piece. Simple, but effective. Unlike in many cases, the flashbacks were handled well here, sliding neatly into place within the story. The transitions between present and past made sense, particularly given the chaos going on in Kaidan's mind.

I also think it's really interesting how you portrayed migraines. I've never suffered from them myself but both my mother and one of my brothers have. My understanding is that they're usually due to horomonal imbalances, which means they're far more prevalent amongst women (for... ahem... shall we say obvious reasons) then amongst men, who usually get them around puberty. However, it is well established that Kaidan does get migraines, or some close equivalent.

Like others have said, you seem to have nailed the description. This is more or less precisely how my brother described them to me.

Not much wrong with this piece. It stands well on its own, has great descriptions, and deals effectively with Kaidan's inner turmoil - both chemical (i.e., migraines) and emotional.
Abellius chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Story flowed well and the character interaction seem realistic! Please continue this!
Yanna1 chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
I liked this one very much. Thank you for sharing it.
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Nice story!
bronzeraven chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Really well done. I love the way you incorporated the flashbacks with Rahna.
Raven Studios chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
As a migraine sufferer myself you are *dead* *on*. A very well-written, interesting piece.
Bleeding Heart Sacred Soul chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
I confess this is not one of my fandoms; I don't think I've ever even heard of Mass Effect. But you linked to this from LJ, and I thought I would check it out.

You have no idea how happy it makes me to see an accurate migraine portrayal. And the story was wonderful. It almost didn't make any difference that I had no idea who these characters were. It functioned just as well as a stand-alone story as it would in a part of the whole fandom. Granted, I can't tell you how the characterization is based on canon, but as it is, I love it.
emi the cookie monster chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
This should have been in the game. :/

I liked reading about this because they never really mentioned it that much in the game. He didn't talk about it to Shepard. You only find out from the docter.

Awesome story.

I like the flashbacks.

I'd like to see your future works.

Best of luck writing,