Reviews for Water Through a Rusted Pipe
Minotaur chapter 1 . 1/26
You've got the humorous and downright punny darkness of Dexter's internal narration down, as well as his easy, carefree lying (all the while cursing a storm up in his head). Even better, you dodged Deb the enabler and Deb the puddle and gave us Deb the detective, sister, and all-around badass. Fabulous fic with some of the best style and characterization in the entire fandom.
d1x1lady chapter 1 . 1/11
Fascinating story! Love it.
illusion95 chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
Cute story, I loved it.
ThirteenLumen chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
I really enjoyed the beginning with the: preamble, the attack, the rescue, and then Debra's suspicions. But not so much the tense semi explanation afterwards. Dexter has quite a lengthy murder history. Even when narrowing it down to the more note-worthy points. There is, of course, many a fan fiction about the "Big Reveal" to Debra. But the second that happens Dexter has A LOT of explaining to do. You end up rehashing a lot of the Dexter's history. Snooze. I have my own story that involves more reveals to Debra. It's just necessary to the plot. But I think it bores the chapter. I prefer how they did it in the series. Debra's slowly, over the years, is revealed bits and pieces about Dexter's history. Even after the big reveal Debra learns only about specific kills, like Rita's, when necessary to the plot. It's actually fishy how Debra never asks Dexter if he kill Doakes.
Defying.Expectations chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
It's easy to see why this story is so highly praised. You've done a rare and beautiful thing in capturing Dexter's voice and its many facets - its bloodlust, its fear of and desire for the truth, its timid affection towards other people - so clearly. Debra is rendered perfectly too, both as the cussing badass she presents to the world and the frightened, lonely woman that only Dexter ever really sees. I wish I could write more, but I'm left a bit speechless. Well done, love.
Author of Doom Rin chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
I like how you danced right on the edge of telling the truth and not revealing too much.
Because of the quality of your story I have chosen to recommend it on my recblog LitGlut.
.com. Thank you for your writing!
Kudos,
SensibleRin.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Excellent story! I really liked the way you write Dexter's internal dialogue. I look forward to reading your other stories.
The L. MMonster chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Great! :)
Aronim chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
This is a great Dexter. It has almost the same tone as the show and Dexter is a hard character to do right. Well done.
Sandalaris chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
I've reviewed once before, but I thought this fic was deleted or something because I went looking for it and couldn't find it. It made me sad since this is one of my (maybe even my top) favorite Dexter fics. You get Dexter's voice so perfectly and manage to mix the show and books together (Dexter voice wise/literary styling) in such a way that I feel like I'm getting the best of both worlds. Anywho, thought I'd drop another review in happiness at having found it again. XD
B.Vain chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Awesome; the writing, the setup, everything. I especially loved Dexter's narration; sharp, somber, strong, cold while warm at the same time. It immediately brought to my mind one of his knife dripping in his victim's blood. Very enjoyable.
Sandalaris chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Wow. I've officially read all your Dexter stories and they are all amazing. Not only in the writing amazing, but you meanaged to take the best (in my humble opinion) parts of the books and the show and put them together into one beautifully flawless work. Wonderfully done.
Dust to Dusk chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Definitely the best "Deb finds out" fic I've read. A very believable combination of being upset and grudging acceptance.
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Great work on this.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Wow. This was very, very well written. You got Dexter's voice spot on, and you nailed Dex and Deb's interaction. I could see this happening. Going to go read your follow up piece now. Keep up the great work!
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »