Reviews for When True Love Comes Between Two Duelists
Ryden Purrson chapter 3 . 6/2/2012
I see what you did there xD

Nice story, like the little details.

shiwa55 chapter 7 . 11/20/2011
amazing story love it i read the whole thing in few hours :3
dbzgtfan2004 chapter 7 . 7/7/2011
That was such a great ending. You did a great job. Keep up the good work.
Exleader75 chapter 7 . 7/6/2011
Ooooo, another pleasant surprise. One in the 5D's section, now one here with GX. Now I wan't the same person who favorited this a year ago, but I will try to retain some of my love for Fianceshipping.

First of all, they are only three years in Duel Academia, not four. This is Japan, not the United States where you have four years of high school or college.

Second, I noticed you're using the present tense. It's generally frown upon to use the present tense, but the past tense instead. However, I noticed a few books like "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett uses the present tense, so I guess it's tour choosing.

I really don't like you using Japanese words like "Neh" in a story that should be using 100% or at least 99.5% words written in English. It can confuse people, especially me when I first read it.

I still think this is a sweet Judai x Asuka story, and it was one of my first favorite story on this site though heavily OOC.
Ryuketsu no Hana chapter 6 . 6/10/2011
me encanto! *-*
Butterflysparkle1012 chapter 6 . 5/31/2011
omg love tis lol

please continue
JC-zala chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
And they ended up doing it. That was passionate and sweet. I do not entertain the idea of getting married so young, but the idea seems to fit in nicely in the story. Great job.
JC-zala chapter 4 . 2/9/2011
I believe the proper term for older brother is "Nii-san/chan/sama" "Onii-chan/san/sama". Nee-san in Japanese is older sister.

Anyway...

Fubuki really thought they were doing something naughty. Hehe... Nice one there. And seems like Asuka also revealed their relationship to Sho.
JC-zala chapter 3 . 2/9/2011
Had me there... Thought they were gonna do it...Turns out to be a game. LOl...

Awesome and fast duel with Jun and Fubuki-kun there. I enjoyed it.
JC-zala chapter 2 . 2/9/2011
Amazing duel! Too bad Asuka lost but her determination was fierce and her love for Judai is beautiful. She's awesome!

I also adore the little sweet moment between Judai and Asuka. SO cute!
JC-zala chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
Seems like a replay of Judai's battle with Yubel in the series. And now it's Asuka's turn. It's an interesting duel. I understand why Yubel is doing this, but I have faith in Asuka.
Z3R0-TH3-H3R0 chapter 2 . 6/22/2010
This is how season 4 should hav ended( even with the kiss and curse words)
Victor chapter 6 . 12/2/2008
I just wanted you to know that I absolutely loved reading your fanfic. I felt that you captured Judai and Asuka’s feelings for each other so well, as well as the personalities of the various characters. I thought that you put so much heart and effort into putting together that story, and I loved how it developed. I thought that it was really good how Yubel duelled Asuka to test how much she cared for Judai and at the end realising that she loves Judai as much as Judai loves her, and allows her to fulfil her dream of being with Judai. I loved the way you described their feelings for each other, such as when they get romantic (I adore the images of them kissing, Asuka leaning on Judai’s shoulder when they are sitting together on the ship as well as the two of them hugging following the end of the duel with Mr. T).

I also liked the comic relief you added in: I thought it was very funny how Fubuki and Manjoume got the wrong end of the stick when they overheard Judai and Asuka’s conversations while playing video games. It was also nice to read that Fubuki was happy to see Judai and Asuka together as he suspected for some time that Judai and Asuka had feelings for each other and clearly saw Judai as the right man for his sister to be with.

Just as a suggestion, even though you have now marked your story as complete, I think that it would be good if you were to go back and add a bit more to Chapter 6, dealing with the graduation ceremony from episode 179. You could include that part where Judai’s friends are wondering what happened to him and then have Asuka go look for him. Asuka finds Judai outside Osiris Red, sitting on the cliff, thinking of all the adventures he’s had at Duel Academia. Asuka then sits beside Judai and the two of them talk and share a moment together. Judai then speaks to Asuka about the two of them getting married again so that their friends and families can be there and she happily accepts. The two of them then go back into the school and reveal their relationship to the others (although Manjoume, Sho, and Fubuki already know) and tell that they have decided to get married (I’d love to read what Rei’s reaction to such news would be, although I think that she would see that Judai and Asuka are happy together and accept the fact that they’re together).

I also thought that it was really wonderful in the final chapter when Judai proposed to Asuka and the two of them wed. I thought that it was quite a touching ending where we get to read about Judai and Asuka spending time at the abandoned Osiris Red Dorm (it was really nice to read that they now had a daughter) on their vacation. I liked the way Judai said to Asuka that he misses going there with her, and I thought that the last line from Asuka (“Anything for you, Judai...”), referring back to that night when they got married and made love for the first time, was a perfect way of ending the story (if you had any regrets putting up the last chapter, don’t worry, it was an excellent chapter, just like all the other chapters).

Like you, I was really upset that there wasn’t a Judai/Asuka moment in the last two episodes. I originally thought that Judai and Asuka would reveal their true feelings for each other (just like they nearly did towards the end of episode 162) but instead they went their separate ways, and the last we see of Asuka is her weeping and pining for the boy she loves, although she reassures herself that she’ll see Judai again someday. Apologies for sounding insulting to the scriptwriters (who penned what is a truly remarkable series), but I felt that it was an utterly repugnant thing of them to do, especially after they made clear in Season 4 that Judai and Asuka both deeply loved each other. Even as far back as episodes 2 and 3 it was clear that both Judai and Asuka liked each other, while in Season 2, during and after Judai’s duel with Asuka in which he frees her from Saiou’s control, his feelings for Asuka shine through, and even Fubuki suspects (sitting next to a jealous Manjoume) that there’s something going on between the two of them.

There are also a couple of memorable moments in Season 3 in which Asuka’s love for Judai is made clear, such as when she tries to console Judai when he despairs over Johan’s disappearance, and following Judai’s duel with Scarr, when she berates him (out of the earshot of everyone else) for having seemingly put his life in danger. I personally believe that had the series gone on for a few more episodes (revolving around Judai and his friends reuniting after ten years or so after graduation) then we would have seen Judai and Asuka finally end up together like they should have done towards the end of the series.

In the final episode, however, it is hinted that Judai and Asuka will end up together sometime in the future, and these hints were probably included by the scriptwriters as a way of reassuring us that Judai and Asuka will end up together when their paths cross again. In the letter that Judai finds in his bag, Asuka says to Judai (with a picture of her smiling and blushing) “Let’s meet up again someday,” while Fubuki says to Judai “I will leave Asuka to you.” Judging by what those messages say, I guess therefore we’re left to assume that Judai and Asuka will end up together sometime in the future, but I still think that in a future Yu-Gi-Oh series, film, or special (if not Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds), the people who work on the Yu-Gi-Oh shows should have Judai and Asuka make an appearance as either a married couple or as boyfriend and girlfriend, seeing as though we never got to see them end up together towards the end of GX.

I think that it would be extremely wrong not to do so, because after watching Season 4, you would want to see the two of them end up together, after everything they went through together and when you know that the two of them would be happy together (it clear that Judai and Asuka are soulmates). I really, really hope that the people who work on the Yu-Gi-Oh shows seriously consider doing this, so that sometime in the future we finally get to see Judai and Asuka as either boyfriend and girlfriend or as husband and wife as they are meant to be, as its the right thing to do.
Jane St. Valentine chapter 6 . 8/13/2008
Wow, what a fanfic! I don't know where to begin...

Well, first off, the duel between Yubel and Asuka/Alexis to see if she was worthy of Judai/Jaden's love was great. Because, let's face it; that's exactly what Yubel would do if Judai ever fell in love...

Secondly...uh...I guess it would have to be the Comedy Relief with the other characters. Especially the parts when Fubuki/Atticus eavesdropped on them, barged in and, thinking they were having sex, threatened to tear Judai in half for forcicating with his precious Imoto (little sister), only to find they were just playing video games.

That and the fact that he did it TWICE rocked. *XD* He's a dirty little boy, isn't he?

Oh yeah, and the fact they got MARRIED! *cheers* I especially liked the ring. Hmm, I wonder who this friend Judai spoke of is...

Rei/Blair? Nah, she'd rather shoot herself than help the two of them get married...

Yeah, when I read about how they rushed the fourth season on Jaime, I was pretty ticked too. (Although the final two episodes where he went back in time to duel Yugi did sound pretty cool..) I'm pretty annoyed at how the second, third, and fourth seasons turned out, actually. I mean, I liked certain aspects of said seasons (characters, cards, organizations, ect.), but I miss the way GX used to be in the first season. You know, where Judai was still the man-child we all knew and loved, Ryo/Zane still had his sanity, Daichi/Bastion and Fubuki were still central charaters rather than stand-ins, and all the gang had to worry about were the Seven Stars/Shadow Riders, the Spirit Keys, and the Sacred Beasts.

Man, I haven't been this nostalgic about a season of anime since I found out Cosmo was going to die at the end of season two of Sonic X...

Uh, so, anyway, uh, keep up the great work! *gives you a thumbs up, while sweatdropping at the same time*

~*~Princess Bryanna-Jane~*~