Reviews for Psalmfiction: The Psalms Through Narnian Eyes
marmota-b chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
I think this is a great idea, taking a Psalm imagery and matching it with Narnian imagery. And I think you did a great job with that, picking on Edmund's experiences here. It's kind of an all-encompassing look at his visits to Narnia, keeping the bigger picture in mind, and I like that.

However, I can't help thinking that putting the Psalm lines in between your own was not the best thing you could have done, from a writing point of view. It breaks the flow of the story, and I think it actually kind of distracts, both from your writing and from the Psalm itself. I think it would have worked better if the Psalm was used as a motto... or at the end of the story. I think the impact would be greater. This way, I found myself skimming over the lines, both yours and of the Psalm, to keep the flow of the story/Psalm undisrupted. And that is, clearly, wrong, especially seeing as that way I did not get to read either of them properly.
Sarai chapter 2 . 12/22/2008
Nice! I love Psalms 91, and Psalm 107.
All The Pretty Horses chapter 2 . 11/13/2008
Psalmfics are a really good idea. Yours are wonderful! Your talent is a true gift from God and you are very blessed. Keep writing! Hopefully inspiration strikes again because I would love to read more of these.
Anna chapter 2 . 10/20/2008
I think this was shear genious.I don't know where you got this idea,but it would be a good idea to go back to it you know how many people you could have reading the bible beacause of this post? Keep on writting!
Dearheart chapter 2 . 8/27/2008
Beautiful work as always, Petraverd. :)

"The call of the battle horn always carries a hint of the roar of the Lion Himself."

That was COOL.

And guess what? This new psalmfic just inspired me to do something I've never done before. I'm going to make a series of Narnia avatars based on Psalm 23. (Who woulda thunk? Certainly not me...especially since I barely know how to make these blasted square things...) Totally random, I know...but what I mean to say is BRAVO! :)
Princess Aravis chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Wow. This is so amazing, and so inspiring. Your work is very touching, nice job!
Faithfulpurelight chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Aw! Petra you captured what a lot of us feel sometimes I think. very well done. I adore it. ]

keep writing uni!
Anastasia S chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
See, I knew that when I gave you the idea to do this, and you decided to wait on it, it would become so overwhelming that you couldn't wait any longer. ;)

GREAT JOB!
Miniver chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
This is lovely. I especially like the way we're don't know exactly where in the story this is located until the last part. What translation is this? It's very beautiful-accessible and immediate. Fond as I am of King James smiting, this is very graceful in a different way. I hope to see more psalmfics from you.
Val Evenstar chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
*sigh* Wonderful, wonderful!

You might add a period at the end of the first paragraph, though... and "what may lay before "...shouldn't that be "what may lie before"? I don't know... all I know is that I love this. You use the psalm so beautifully! The last paragraph is especially meaningful because, even though Edmund doesn't know it yet, we know that he won't be coming back to Narnia until the Last Battle.
KCS chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
This is a lovely idea - I'm surprised no one has thought of it yet.

You have a great talent with words - I could almost feel the peaceful atmosphere. Psalms is a great book to combine with Narnia.

Please continue this series!

-KCS
Dearheart chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
*sighs blissfully* I /love/ your psalm fics...
E. C. Peters chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
wow...

that was brilliant, Pet.

heh, your sense of timing is always uncanny...how did you know i needed this?

*hugs* thanks pal
BabyBeaver chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Wow. So great, and very true. I like it, and I can't wait to read more from you! D
LovelyPrincessWhiteRose chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
This is a very good idea, Petra!

And this first one is absolutly beautiful!