Reviews for Release
Gest chapter 13 . 10/1/2013
Fantastic story
Mrs Don Draper chapter 13 . 3/28/2009
I'm sorry this is the end because this was really good! :D
Mrs Don Draper chapter 7 . 3/28/2009
Oh, I absolutely LOVE your story. Sayid/Danielle is such a sweet ship, and you write it beautifully.
ICanStopAnytime chapter 6 . 3/29/2008
I love the contrast in attitudes here:

“We’ll create our own prison?” she said at last, raising her gaze to his.

“Fortress, Danielle,” he said softly

The contrast of Sayid's optimism is also beuatifully reinforced with the great line, "Trying is never foolish."
susanne chapter 11 . 3/4/2008
Chapter 11

Here again the opening imagery is very nice. I can see Sayid's irritation at the dripping perspiration inching it's way down his body but it is a rather lovely picture in may head.

Then I love his musing as Danielle is climbing. For a brief second he gets to appreciate her hips and reflect on the moment that has just transpired between them. Nice touch.

Since Sayid's intellect is a major attraction, it's a good to watch as he connect the dots- his scientific gears click into place and he realizes he can make explosive device.

I like the ending too when he lets Danielle determine the direction they will take. He knows that no one knows the island better than she and so he easily bows to her expertise.
susanne chapter 10 . 3/4/2008
It is unforgivable that it has taken me so long to return to this site. I do apologise.

I love the opening imagery in this chapter. Sayid and Danielle laying side by side and his desire to remain exactly there. I understand the pull to stay in a good place when the real world awaits and I'm not in their dire circumstances.

I wanted to cut and paste the paragraph that I was my favorite but the program wouldn't allow for it- it's the one which starts- "It did not sit well with him, this waiting for outside forces to determine his fate." Great insights into who he is. He's a doer, not a waiter.

And then I like Danielles, matter-of-fact statement that she would like a shelter not far from his. She's very plain spoken, and direct- not one for a lengthy dissertation about their relationship. You've captured her well.
ICanStopAnytime chapter 5 . 2/23/2008
I think you write Rousseau even better than you write Sayid. I hope that comes off as the compliment it's intended to be, because of course I think you have an excellent Sayid, but your Rousseau seems so perfectly accurate to me. Backtracking to chapter 4 a minute, I meant to mention that I loved this line: "His hands seemed oddly empty."
susanne s chapter 9 . 2/17/2008
chapter 9-You didn't think that I wouldn't review this chapter, did you? lol

Oh my, where to begin. Lets start in the shower, shall we? I do love the picture that plays in my head of him in a shower(even with cold water). No but seriously, I do love the fact that he acknowledges the avoidance of anything that makes him feel good- a penance of sorts-not wanting to feel good in the absence of Shannon.

And that's what makes what happens next even more profound. Sayid will let himself feel something again even if it's a carnal pleasure. He needs to feel something.

and I love that Danielle tells him it's "because it's you." She makes it clear that while this may appear to be a random union of two people stranded on a island in a desperate situation, this is not quite so random.( This is not Sawyer and Anna)She trusts him and this is not a woman who trusts easily.

Great descriptions!
donnalea chapter 13 . 2/16/2008
wow. seriously wow. great style, first of all, and a really interesting pairing. I'd never have thought of sending the two of them out on a quest, but this is brilliant. very powerful, and very intense writing.

they do have a lot in common after all. I can see them mirror each other. and you have an absolutely great feel for the characters. i can picture them both clearly.

this is different. i like different. thank you!
ICanStopAnytime chapter 4 . 2/15/2008
I like the way you describe Rousseau in this chapter. You really bring her alive. The image of the bridlike hands especially sticks out in my mind.
ICanStopAnytime chapter 3 . 2/15/2008
I like Sayid's contemplations about Rousseau, especially this question as to whether he would recognize the woman who loved Robert; how much has the island changed these people, and not for the better? It seems too much of this thread of Rousseau has been dropped in the show, unfortunately-the sickness, her killing everyone...I wonder if we are ever returning to that. Good chapter.
ICanStopAnytime chapter 2 . 2/11/2008
I like the "sleek" descriptions (for lack of a better word) in this chapter. I like the double-potential double meaning of this line: "Very little was fresh anymore." I love the Sayid/Danielle interaction here. I like this insight/portrayal: "Once again, he found himself modulating its tone. Was he always this easily irritated?"
susanne s chapter 8 . 2/7/2008
Chapter 8

I like the progression here. In the opening chapters- Sayid and Rousseau are soldiers in the battle against the others. They are fellow survivors on a mission- they are practical and methodic and they see each other as necessary components in this assigment. By chapter 7, Sayid and Danielle start to see each other as people, as individuals who have suffered many losses. Sayid recognises the things that Danielle endured and in her confession he faces his own losses. Now in chapter 8, Sayid suddenly finds himself confronted with the fact that Danielle is a woman- something he's clearly known but hasn't processed in any real way until she's showered and semi-clad in front of him. You've captured the awkwardness well.
susanne s chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Catching up! As always you have Sayid and Danielle's voices down pat.

Chapter 4- I like the moment when Sayid discovers that he and Danielle are being observed-the precariousness of not giving themselves away and of course I love the fact that he plans for her to escape without concern for his own well being. He is chivalrous.

Chapter 5- Danielle now returns the favor by not leaving Sayid to the wolves. Unfortunately her attempt at rescue is thwarted and now they're both trapped. You evoke the darkness and the struggle to free themselves eerily and nicely.

Chapter 6 - Good moments here as well. Love Danielle's delight at finding a bathroom. And the way she berates Sayid over the use of a dirty shirt to stop the bleeding. She is efficient in her approach to most things and in that way very much like Sayid. And then in the end- the resolve to regroup and barricade themselves in for the time being. Well done!

Chapter 7- OH MY- where to start with chapter seven. I think this is my favorite! It's so rich in detail. First with how Danielle sets up an alarm system of sorts and the notation of all the supplies they suddenly have at their disposal. The making of the of the chicken soup is wonderful.

The last portion is great storytelling and a believable account of Alex's abduction and Robert's subsequent killing at the hands of Rousseau. I understand how the recounting of her story brings up Sayid's issues with both Nadia and Shannon. It's easy to connect to the isolation that both Sayid and Danielle feel. Bravo!
ICanStopAnytime chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
I've read the first chapter and I am looking forward to reading on for a Locke/Sayid character exploration piece. Your Sayid is right-on, character wise. I like the way he is kind to Hurley but not without also considering a truthful response.