Reviews for Happy Birthday, Dave
AlvinBrittanyLove1 chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Gooood Story!
The Owl's Pen chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
*laughing* This is adorable! I loved everything about it. You obviously put a lot of thought into this story, and it shows!

All of the Chipmunks are perfectly in character (always a plus!). I loved that we got to see the totally devoted side of Simon. It makes sense that he would feel passionate about getting Dave a birthday present. Alvin was, of course, his usual smarty-pants self, but with a genuine desire to be helpful. "Uh, duh?" said Alvin, swiveling the box around and pointing at the back. "Directions." That was totally Alvin! And Theodore was sweet, impulsive, excited... I would only suggest that you make him just slightly more distracted by his surroundings. He is in a grocery store, after all!

The repetition of "You think Dave is into hedges/ lampshades/ dresses made me absoulutely bust out laughing! It's a clever little touch that hi-lites just how in over their heads our boys are. But in the end, we can see that they really do know Dave very well. Getting the ring for him to present to Claire is *so* touching, and again, just totally in character.

And then you topped it all off with the perfect, absolutely *perfect* "Title of Dave Seville's next single, as sung by Alvin and the Chipmunks: SHE SAID 'YES!'" Genius!

This is going in my favorites, and I will definitely be reading more of your writing! Thanks for a great read!

The Owl's Pen
Embrace the Nerdiness chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
OMG! This is so funny! It rocks! Why are all the good stories short?
mpkio2 chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
This was so funny to read!

I was laughing through the whole thing!

My favourite parts is when Alvin gave suggestions to what to give Dave for a present, and when the chipmunks drank the soda and went hyper!

Do another story like this...please?

5 out of 5
hallhomestead chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Why! Why oh, why do all the good fanfics always one-shots! Life is so unfair *crawls into a corner, cries for hours*. Oh well. You better write another one, or else! Seriously though, great story, it does Ross Bagrasdian (butchered that name) justice. Keep writing A&tC fanfics! You're an amazing writer!

P.S. Check out my story, 'Alvin and the Chipmunks II', if you want to. The beginning stinks, but it gets progressively better. Thanks for posting this story!

Megamind-loves-Roxanne chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
Aw this fanfic was cute and very well written! I love how well you brought out their personalities. Too bad it was short lol I mean in the way that I wish it could have been longer...

I just know the next fanfic you write will be just as good if not better. Though I'll check to see if you have any other Chipmunk fanfics.

clemsonroxs23X18 chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
loved it keep writing
apologetically-on-hiatus chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
Awesome story and really funny too! This is one of the best stpories i've read in a long time, too!
Diana26.5 chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Okay, that had to be one of the funniest Alvin and the chipmunks stories I have ever read, no lie! It was just so super hilarious seeing the chipmunks adapt to the modern city, like stoplights, cars, and super markets, oh my!

I seriously just laughed my head off at that soda drinking scene, OMG that had me practically crying with mirth!

And finally, the fact that the present was an engagement ring was so sweet, and I'm super glad Claire said yes!

The scene at the very end was also funny, a really good conclution to a really funny story.

After all, no Chipmunks episode is complete without the famous Alvin yell!
DiceRox09 chapter 1 . 1/27/2008

for a one page story, this was excellent!

it was adorable, and it felt like sumthing the movie would have done!

i loved it!

you shud write more movie fictions, this one was funny and cute.

keep it up!
NikChik-11 chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Lol! That was so SWEET! Aw! SHE SAID YES!

That had me cracking up! xD
Doll Girl chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh Lord I laughed all throughout this story! That was too cute! Brilliant!

Happy Birthday Dave!