Reviews for Digimon: XChronicles
Hakion n' Xubose chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Wow, this was childish... and I loved it! It was like watching Digimon all over again, except I was reading it! The new generation kids is a really cool deal. BTW I love that you deviated from the Sorato canon, it makes it interesting!

You're dialogues by the way are great, really clever and witty. I love your word use, it shows you put a lot of thought into the words, yet it doesn't come out as pompous at all.

The only thing that's next for you to do is to update!

On a more personal note, thanks, it has been a while since I've enjoyed a story so much, and it's refreshing to see a nice story that's not roo angsty or dramatical or smutty or jusst plain stupid.
HELL'S APOCALYPSE chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
great start/chapter, please update soon.
90MLLu chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
I am so impressed by your describtion. I fancy your writing.

I totally enjoyed reading it. The humor was funny especially when Akira danced when Kari came in and "Should we scream bloody murder too" that was hilarious. It's good to have humor in a story.

I love the part when I got to read about Sora, Tai and Kari even though it was short. It's good that you include the old digidestined. The amount of it was just enough. They wouldn't want to steal Akira's and the other's thunder since it's their story.

The character are sincere and I quite like them too.

I hope you will update soon because i think this story has potential. Really! I'll be glad to read some more of your amazing work:)
SugarSpiral chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
At the beginning, the little scene with Sora and Tai...

I could hear them saying it. :) The characterization was wonderful.

I love how Akira has parts of Tai's personality, but manages to be his own person too ,. You can tell Sora raised him.

That part when the kids meet the Ogremon... That made me giggle alot.

I really can't wait to read more of this, I'm wondering who the "then some" is...

Finally:

Nice end notes. The Akira/Toshi/Mariya.

Slightly cheesy, but it made me smile and therefore intrueged me to read more :)
CherrygirlUK19 chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
This looks like it's gonna be a great fic! I enjoyed reading this, and I can't wait for the next update!

Great job!
Broken Angel01 chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
So, far I think this is going to be a great story, and once you get further into it I know the characters will begin to develop into their own people, while still of course carrying some of the qualities of their parents. Mariya is quite different from Izzy, but I still detect a hint of him in her personality so I'd say you are definitely on the right track!

Also, I'm jealous at the way you describe things so easily in your story. We get great descriptions of settings, backrounds etc, but you keep them simple and short, like they should be, instead of boring your readers with long complicated ones that seem to go on forever. I wish I could do that as easily as you do. I am seriously jealous!

Anyways, I can't wait for their eggs to hatch, and to see what happens next in the story!
The Two-One-Five chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
Well, I do enjoy second generation fics and I'll be glad to give some advice for this.

Foremost, while the kids should inherit some of their parents personality, they *are* their own unique person and should be thus treated as so. I've seen many second generation fics were the chosen's children were exact carbon copies of their parents with only a slight personality change to distinguish them. this makes many of them a bit less interesting in the long run as it feels nothing short of a fic with an excuse to make characters out of it for convenience. Also, make sure that the characters grow as they continue on with their adventure. Many stories lack character growth that comes along with their travels. i for one believe that characterization in fanfiction or fiction is one of the most important thing in the story. Without strong and clean characterization, then the only thing that the story has is a semi interesting plot.

I would also suggest making more than three chosen as it leaves the others out thus unbalancing the whole teamwork concept of digimon. there are plenty of characters whose children don't get included for the second generation team because the author is not to fond of that character. Though you do not have to make this a team where everyone of the children has a digimon, having more helps. it also helps if their is a bit of jealousy between those who do not have their own digimon. A later plot line could have them realizing just how useful they can be without the use of a digimon.

Another thing that I noticed about your writing is that it is a bit immature especially when it comes to the narration. While jokes are a good way to keep conversation going, try to keep them to a minimum during the main narration as to not force the reader to think about something else and miss important plot details.

Though you do use a good amount of description, I would suggest that you also add to a characters thoughts. Many stories lack this and include nothing but talking, thinking, and narration. I say this because it is when the author describes these thoughts that readers begin seeing some of the character and how they develop throughout the story. By actually describing the characters thoughts, their will be far more insight on them then that whole 'insert some thinking line here'.

I would also suggest self reading your story because there were a few spelling/grammar mistakes. While small, the fewer there are, the better flow that is created for the readers.

One thing that I found unrealistic is the new chosen's reaction to entering the digital world. I'm not sure just how you plan to carry this out but I would suggest that they be a bit more surprised when entering the digital world as it is unknown territory. Think of it as culture shock only instead of being in a new country, they are in a new world. They also should have had a different reaction of being the new set of chosen as they due know the responsibilities of becoming a guardian for both worlds.

One final suggestions, use the couples that you wish regardless of what anyone says or what the popular opinion may be. Last thing (for real this time), do not let the number of reviews ever discourage you. Many stories with high amounts of reviews started with one or two reviews per chapter.