Reviews for Preparations, Like Song
Caleigho chapter 1 . 1/10
Stunning, and bittersweet. Well done
Mainframe chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
Wow. Beautiful!

In places, it was like reading poetry. Moreover, the tone of the piece was so in keeping with the subject matter. So sad, they’re the only ones left, Leo all worn out and yet they’re not sad. Its just life.

I loved what you did with Mikey’s character. The mature Mikey was great to read, all he does for Leo, their roles are reversed now... I guess life as leader wore Leo out quicker. Mikey’s spirit seems very true to his character, tempered by age and experience but still very much Mikey. And he's carrying extra pounds to go with the mileage, well why not he always did love his food. The fact that he's adored by the neighbourhood kids and the various children and grandchildren of their remaining friends is great. He was always one of the turtle (oddly enough I think Raph too ;) who I could see as being a great father/ family man. It fits. xD

Quote: Leo keeps very still these days, so as not to jostle his spirit inside of his shell and body. Sometimes it feels like it will simply float away.

Beautiful and deep and sad...very Leo. He always did have a way of knowing those kind of things.

The description of Raph at the end was beautiful, ~I could just picture him as worn leather, telling eyes and still stubborn pride.

And I loved the part where Mike and Leo are stood at Don’s grave and Mike tells Leo there are still things left in life that he wants to do and asks if Leo thinks Raph, Don and Splinter would mind the extra wait. It was one of my favourite moments in the story.

Great stuff, as always!

calliopechild chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
I absolutely love this fic. The wistfulness and nostalgia are really moving, and I like that you gave the guys a happy, peaceful ending (I'm guessing/hoping that Don and Raph died of natural causes). I am always so jealous of how well you write, how you manage to find the perfect ideas to make such great stories out of. I really like your view of the older turtles, of Leo finally learning to let go and relax, of Mikey the mountain and Leo being almost ready to float out of wonderful. This was a great read, and thanks so much for it. _
Random person chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Very very god! I love the stillness of the language. I love everything. I don't feel like being constructive.. but you made me cry!
caylender chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
That was beautifully written. You totally captured the mood perfectly, very soft and light. Your voice was amazing, too. I really felt like an older version of Leo was talking to me and telling me all of this. You nailed their brotherly relationship nicely, too. I love this one so much; it's going on my favorites! :) Wonderful job!
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
Absolutely breathtaking.

This fic just shines with authenticity and a perfect peaceful pacing (whoa, unintentional alliteration!) that just makes me so warm and satisfied inside. It's the equivalent of my gramma's hot chocolate :)

Leo may be my favorite turtle, but Mikey's just so incredible in this one that I wish to keep him forever :) *squishes the wizened fattened Grampa Mikey*

Much thanks!

CaptainKay88 chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
This was beautiful and sweet. It was definitely needed for this type of fic. Too often we depict the turtles dying in horrid ways that we forget that it doesn't normally end that way, not even for a family surrounded in such violence.
Eridani23 chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
Wow, the was deep. Very well written!
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Ah yes, those Author's Notes are what we use to communicate our true need - such as arming ourselves with toothbrushes and desiring sole ownership of ninja, butt-kicking, terrapins. LOL

Anyway, I loved this part - The closer Leo gets to becoming air, the more Mikey seems a mountain.

Very poignant!

Your scope is just so breathtaking. Your wisdom so pure and deep. I've read your journal and I take it that you're college age. You are wise beyond your years, if you write such eloquence as this. :0)

Anyway, some writers have written the TMNT's as near immortal, the ooze having properties akin to the Fountain of Youth. That may be true - as far as fantasy goes - but the realities of flesh and blood are far more intriguing for me, though I suspect that in some ways the fans will keep the turtles immortal enough.

Great job. Loved it. On to my C2 file it goes and my 2008 list of hopefuls for the next comp.

Be blessed,