Reviews for Written in the Stars
beanist chapter 23 . 6/28
WOWIE i read this whole thing in like three days and holy shit this was a NOVEL and was super entertaining the whole way, thank you very much
furai chapter 23 . 4/24
I doubt you'll see this due to how old this story is but I first read this ten years ago and have read over it many times since then, it's been five or so years and I wanted to go back and read it again today as an adult - I won't give a critique because I'm sure if you're still writing you'll definitely have a sense for the flaws in this story, and I hope you're still writing! I still think the meat of this holds up so well, the little character interactions, yugi and atem... I wholly believe if this was reworked and uploaded to ao3 it could still hold up it's own. this story made me cry my eyes out back when I first read it and I still have a massive fondness for it!
Zela Night chapter 23 . 11/10/2021
This is so painfully beautiful.
I'm crying at the happy ending.
I love how you focused on the story and didn't sweat explaining how things happened if it wasn't needed for the plot. Like how we never learn all the details of the curse, but it doesn't matter and that lack of knowledge even enhances the story by making it easier for us to empathize with Yuugi.
urdreamgal chapter 23 . 9/1/2021
The send-off made absolutely no sense. Also, you SHOULD have outed the culprit who tried to kill Yugi. I'm pretty sure we all know who it was. Yugi could have accused Aknadin and the court could have acted against him(not all of them I mean Mahad IS the dark magician...) and caused a time rift because of the millennium items and maybe they could see Yugi's grandpa and Yugi's friends in his room mourning his for having dissappeared out of the blue for like two weeks LOL and maybe Aknadin "accidentally" shoved Yugi back into his time and Atem passed out once Yugi left...

Also...HOW DID THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT HAPPEN? THE ENDING MAKES NO SENSE. D: D: D:
urdreamgal chapter 14 . 8/31/2021
First review for me here! You're doing a great job! I do think you've put a little too much work on your shoulders though because if I understand the time correctly, that will mean Atem left Yugi AFTER remembering him and that makes this all so much sadder. I feel like Atem did this to Yugi to help him understand the real person Atem was, and his people and empire as a whole since he seemed interested in learning about him...

I have no idea why, since this is post canon, that Yugi doesn't get Atem and Shada and Shimon to use the Key on him to understand him better. This all is before Zorc, thats true, BUT so what if they change the past and defeat Zorc then? That is a GOOD thing.

Also...while I enjoyed reading this so far...its bittersweet you know? Because yeah, Yugi DID hold Atem on a pedestal. He has to be all kinds of let down. And the Egyptian culture from back then WAS that..."uncivilized" compared to modern day. Yugi can bite off Atems head and maybe shout in his face "I'M NOT A SLAVE! I HAVE HUMAN RIGHTS!" Buuuuuut I don't think that will go down so well, LOL

Anyways, I just wanted to share my thoughts will you. :)
NeverTooMuchInspiration chapter 23 . 5/23/2021
Gorgeous story with some excellent characterizations and a truly compelling illustration of ancient Egypt. I enjoyed reading this immensely even despite the sometimes frustrating vague allusions that occasionally made it hard to figure out what was actually happening (albeit a generally refreshing style of writing that forces you to think a bit more). Thank you for writing and posting this!
Echoheart chapter 23 . 2/27/2021
I read this once years and years ago but lately I'd been thinking about it so I tracked this down and reread it. It's just as wonderful as I remember and also sadder than I remember haha I'm so glad this story is still here. Thank you for this fantastic read!
Velly chapter 23 . 12/16/2020
2020 here so ppl probably won't see anyways but
This story had me crying A LOT but also laughing and smiling a lot too. It felt like I was seeing it happen on a screen instead of reading though it was hard to imagine new Yuugi XD This was amazing writing and has a great plot (and subplot) of its own. I was expecting the ending to be sad the further I read the last chapter and was pleasantly surprised instead. I cried at the end too but gosh I was so so happy. I literally binge read this and finished in less than 2 whole days which says something with me having no life.
All in all I loved it so much even with the heartbreak in the middle of the last chapter. Though when I read it I felt this really strong sense of deja vu that I'd read his departure scene before, even to the last detail it was kinda creepy. Other than that trick of the mind, I just love the character development and the way you made your own plot and changed things for their future.
Thanks for reading!
2020 chapter 23 . 8/22/2020
Greetings from the future. This was lovely, thank you for the ride.
leelarae99 chapter 23 . 7/2/2020
... wow. I’m actually speechless. This is my first time ever writing a review for a story, and all I can say is that I needed this. The story you crafted here transformed these characters into beautiful people and now I’m attached.

I was incredibly sad when I got towards the end of this last chapter. For, I was expecting the two to live happily ever after in Ancient Egypt. However, I was relieved and so happy to see Yugi get his happy ending (even if I was heartbroken about his punishment).

Honestly, this story inspires me to do better research when I do my stories. For, the amount of research you put into this only made the story more magnificent. I still can’t believe how much I’m crying over a pharaoh and his slave-turned-lover.

All I wanna say is: thank you. Thank you for all the hard work you into this. The time, the effort- you didn’t have to do all this and yet you still put your all into it. Wherever you are now, I hope you’re successful, happy, and doing well. For, this story has changed my life, and I want you to know: you are worth it.

5/5
Would recommend it to those who
1.) aren’t homophobic
2.) need to read this
3.) appreciate works of art
Vivi-ntvg chapter 23 . 5/12/2020
This story is FUCKING AMAZING! Seriously. Here I was afraid that the ending was going to be sad, I'd been bracing for it since the beginning, in a way... and I'm so glad you proved me wrong!
While I wasn't a big fan of Atem essentially forcing Yuugi into sex, I'm glad he was able to grow out of it. It was interesting to see Atem being less mature, and having some nice character development. And it was also great to see that Yuugi got to grow up, too!
Mahado having feelings for Atem, with the corresponding tension, and Set being a point of contention due to Yuugi's dislike of Kaiba were also nice touches.
All in all, this was a great fic!
Lyora chapter 23 . 4/14/2020
Woah, I read all of this in the time of 3 to 4 days and I'm absolutely startled. It feels like there is a void now that I have to leave this story behind me.

You said there would possible be an extra scene for this story in a stand alone? I'd love to read it if you ever got around to it and by any chance got to read this message.

Thanks for a great story, it truly touched me in this dark times.
Yaminisu chapter 19 . 1/19/2020
okay...I think I finally (after many rereads have figured out who was the guilty party). And I'm going to say its Akunadin...and here's why.

The part where you got me thinking was the inclusion of the word yet in Atem's statement. It wouldn't be Mahado...no way...if something happened to Yugi and Atem lost what is the last person close to him then he would end up losing Atem all together, so no...he's out.

Set...Set and Atem are actually good friends in this story and Set is genuinely supportive of Atem. Hell, Atem getting together with Yugi was something Set even suggested initially so its not him.

Siamun...I'm going to be really pathetic here...he's too short to possibly imitate Mahado. Let alone to any degree of accuracy. Even Set's servant would have noticed that Siamun was not Mahado.

Now, Shada I actually considered a possibility however the part where Set mentioned in the questioning that he had noticed Yugi's goblet had been set already upright is why I am eliminating him from my suspicion. Why would you purposely try and draw attention to part of your own scheme? It wouldn't make any sense.

Isis...well, she's a woman and again...not even Set's servant could mistake Isis for Mahado.

Which brings us down to our final two suspects Karim and Akunadin. I'll get to Akunadin first:

Akunadin is tricky in the sense because his greatest fear, in my opinion, would be Atem fathering a living heir. If Atem did so...then he would never succeed in achieving his goal of putting his son on the throne. Which, when you look at that fear at face value you would think leaving Atem and Yugi alone would be in Akunadin's best interest because if Atem was spending all of his time in bed with Yugi...then he wasn't going to have worry about Atem ending up remarrying since he wasn't going to be interested in even looking. However, there is a very compelling flip side to that coin which is Atem's depression...for Atem to so casually discuss suicide something that he does ultimately commit even if it was to save his people. So, if Atem is that depressed for someone like Akunadin with the millennium eye you have to admit that his uncle would have known about it. He also would have seen as it grew over time. No one gets to the level Atem was at over night. But, then along comes Yugi and things begin to change. As Yugi and Atem's relationship builds then Atem begins to get better. He's happier. And happier people are the type that are more likely to look to the future. No, Atem might not ever remarry...but that's not to say he might not be convinced to bed a Harem (outlandish yes, but again a possibility I could see Akunadin considering, after all Atem despite not being attracted to women did conceive two children before. What if slave Aibou brought it up?) Plus, with another person close to Atem falling victim to the curse that Atem has been 'carrying' that seems to claim everyone he loves then not only would that guarantee that there wouldn't be another lover. Period. But also, Atem would more than likely begin to slip back into the depths of depression. And this time there isn't anyone to help drag him back out again. Plus, Akunadin is about the same height and not much different build wise from Mahado. He's also older which might account for even while doing his best at impersonating him, his voice might sound rougher solely down to his age.

Karim: Well, I went over the rest of teh council and to be honest I don't think we even got to see enough of Karim to even be able to truly formulate an opinion one way or the other as to his guilt or innocence. My only thing is build wise. Karim is a LOT bulkier than Mahado.
DiddlySquishyCheeks chapter 23 . 10/23/2019
QAQ ...tears falling from my eyessniffs* THIS IS BRILLIANT! I KNOW THIS STORY IS FINISHED BUT I CANT HELP COMMENT AT THE END. THIS IS A GOLDMINNE OF A STORY AND IM VERY, VERY HAPPY THAT THEY'RE TOGETHER IN THE PRESENT AT LAST!sobbingI'll just be...crying on my bed and on my pillows for a while. I'm so glad I found this story.
Guest chapter 5 . 6/27/2019
Yeah, Atem and Yuugi are above the age of statutory consent, but this is still rape. I'm not judging, at all, but that's the sort of thing you usually mention in the warnings.