Reviews for Written in the Stars
CrossoverQueen chapter 23 . 8/19
Oh, gods. I don't even care that you might not respond to this review since you wrote this eight years ago, but I need to express my utter gratitude for this beautiful piece of writing. I saw this fic recommended off of TV Tropes, and I am so glad I read it..

I found out there was going to be a new Yu-Gi-Oh movie a couple weeks ago, and that got me back into the fandom WITH A VENGEANCE. My fifteen-year-old self is rejoicing at how I've reverted to Puzzleshipping like my life depended on it. (And gods, I feel old for realizing that I watched this show a full decade ago.)

I binged on this for the whole day and everything is GREAT. Two things that I especially love:

-The beautifully researched history of Ancient Egypt. And I especially like that you didn't try to tone down the less savory aspects of a non-democratic society like... well, EVERY society before the Industrial Era, but especially Egypt. A society that owns slaves and goes a step up from most countries who just give their kings divine right to rule FROM the gods, and instead considers their king to BE a god himself, is not going to be fun when you're in the lower rungs of society.

-Yugi's adorable blend of sass and idealism. A lot of people forget that he's actually pretty sassy and hormonal, probably because the anime removes those bits... yet somehow forgot to stop dressing him in bondage gear. I know personality doesn't equal fashion, but re-watching the show ten years later, I just keep thinking, "BY ALL THAT IS HOLY, YUGI, YOU NEED TO STOP WEARING SO MUCH LEATHER AND COLLARS. YOU ARE TRIPPING ME OUT, TALKING ABOUT FRIENDSHIP AND LOVE WHILE YOU LOOK LIKE A BONDAGE SLAVE."

I love how you didn't turn him into a fragile little flower who cries at everything. Once he gets over the culture-shock in Egypt, I ADORE how he and Atem talk. Seriously, this characterization is some of the best I've seen. And I've waded through a whollllle lot of bad fanfiction back in the day.
Gigi the Ragdoll chapter 23 . 6/3
I've read this story now several times. I just...I can't even! I don't even ship this. Hell, I don't know the first thing about the show until i read this, but i want to now thanks to this story. I am just so smitten, I keep thinking about how horrible for Atem, getting his memories back and having to wait for Yugi to catch up, and daydreaming of a sequel of one-shots (call them "Elaborate Lives") that are the 'what if's' surrounding everything Atem dealt with from the moment he lost Yugi, to the moment they are reunited and how the main storyline changed because of everything they went through.
Killjoyofkilljoy chapter 23 . 5/6
Thats so mean making me cry at 1 am because of your beautiful fic that has a happy ending that works, holy shit This is amazing keep writing!
I can read this story over and over again! I love it so much!
Thank you for sharing it with us.
VikitChan chapter 20 . 4/2
I'm not sure you will read this, as this story was writen back at 2008~
BUT.
I just felt like leaving a momment becuase this story is AMAZING.
Yuugi and Atem/Yami my favorite characters in whole anime/manga and seeing him interact in Egypt is amazing.
When Yuugi was poisoned, I actually cried because of how sweet and carring Atem was.

Thank you for this story, will read the 4 chapters that still left.
oh my dear lord
Lulumo chapter 23 . 2/13
That was so damn perfect, especially the ending where Atem didn't leave but stayed with Yuugi!
koobre chapter 23 . 11/26/2015
Jehdbsjiskd hfhhskskd ... THAT WAS PERFECTTTTTTTTTTTT! OH MY LANDS. IMWAS HOPING THEY WOULD GET TOGETHER. HOLLY LANDS YOUMADE ME CRY SOOOOOO PERFECT! I know I am very late but if you still have it could I get the extra ending? If not i understand. Anyhow, that was one out of like 2 stories that have a most perfect ending. Sight the King is still number 1. Thank you for a wonderful story.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 23 . 11/14/2015
Great story. I was wondering whether Yugi and Atem would be reunited somehow and am so glad they were.
Kvcnext chapter 23 . 8/21/2015
I'm quite a bit late in reviewing this story, huh?

First of all, I'm terrible for leaving reviews, even on my all time favorites. It's just something I never get around to doing, and if I do remember, I find I have very little to say. But I had to say something this time, because it's been a very long time since a fic has blown my mind.

I loved it.

I loved it in a way I can't even describe. The last chapter in particular, I cried so much I felt sick. At first because I thought it was a tragic, awful ending, and then because it was perfect. The plot twists there threw me so hard I had reader's whiplash, and I wouldn't have changed a word of it.

Well done.
SilverShadow123 chapter 23 . 7/9/2015
I really don't understand what just happened, but I guess that's just because I'm not the brightest of people and was unable to figure out what just happened. Still, I love this all the same, and that says a lot about your capabilities as a writer, ne?

Thanks for making such a great story :)
Kimnd chapter 7 . 7/7/2015
"Atem was nothing but an overgrown child" Spoken by the nine-year old trapped in a high schooler's body.
Guest chapter 23 . 5/6/2015
That was the most well thought out and beautiful time travel work I have ever read. Thank you for writing such a magnificent piece of art. I was hoping that Yuugi, if and when he got sent back, would have Atem there with the memories, but I wasn't sure if that was the way you were going to go. Thank you thank you thank you. Please don't give up writing, I'd love to read more of your Yugioh stuff. You have a tremendous gift, again thank you.
CanisLupusBibliophilus chapter 23 . 3/15/2015
Hello there. It's been quite a while since I last reviewed a story but this story was so fantastic that I had to let you know just how much I loved reading it. And I did! I had trouble putting it down sometimes, and even when I did, I still often found myself thinking about it and wondering about what would happen next. I never got bored, something that unfortunately happens to me a lot in the middle or near the end of a story.
I loved the big mystery you put in (even if I'm terrible at those) and enjoyed coming up with little theories. I also especially adored the parts where Atem was sick and Yuugi was poisoned. This story was well-written, absorbing, engaging, and wonderfully believable. In fact, I honestly believe it to be the bet Yu-Gi-Oh! fic I have ever read, and I'm not simply exaggerating.
You have truly written a beautiful piece of work, and it was a pleasure to be allowed to read it. Thank you.
Jes chapter 23 . 2/2/2015
Wow.
I just... wow. I don't even know what to write.
I've been reading this, non stop, for almost 3 days. I only started looking around yu gi oh fanfiction cause I was bored, but I started reading this and couldn't stop. The is one of the most well written and amazing stories I have ever read. Your attention to detail is astounding, and your skill at writing the characters personalities even more so. This will definitely be a story I'm going to come back to for years to come, as I have with a few other well-loved books. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for this beautiful world, for allowing me to live that life with Yuugi. Thank you.