Reviews for first light
Jenn With 2 Ns chapter 23 . 3/18/2009
Yep - another nice one. I appreciate that you take the time to think through plot - crisis, resolution, etc. It seems like a lot of these fan fictions focus only on the relationship, instead of the entire world the original author created, with its limitations and possibilities. In Dark Side, you gave thoughtful treatment to how Victoria would evade and try to trap - and in this one you obviously gave a lot of thought to Bella's special ability, how it would impact the family relationships, and how it could be used to resolve the conflict with the Volturi. That said, I enjoyed Dark Side more - because despite everything I just said, I'm a suckah for the Edward/Bella romance-to-end-all-romances. In any case, I'm still trying to be a good reader by leaving reviews, so here it be.
idancewithvamps chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
I remember that this was the first fan fiction I ever read and it was so long ago.

It got me hooked. This is one of my favorite stories I've read on this website.

I have been searching for it to add it to my favorites and let people know about this amazing story!

Great Job!
Suggie001 chapter 23 . 2/11/2009
I have to admit that when I first started reading this story I almost put it aside because although IT IS WELL WRITTEN, it wasn't my cup of tea.(FYI when I first started reading TWILIGHT I put it down for over 6 months also.) But fortunatley, I stuck with it, and by "Thanksgiving" I really started to love the story. Loved the arm-wrestling part. Loved the vacation chapter, especially the football game and hide and seek. That's where I am right now, I'll probably finish reading later today. Also, the writing started out good, and got consistently better. Really an excellent, well thought-out story. Thank you.
lostinsuburbia chapter 22 . 2/11/2009
This story was wonderful! I loved every second of it! It was true to the characters. Thank you for writing it and sharing it with us. I loved hanging out with the Cullens for a while :).
Tarinya chapter 23 . 2/5/2009
Thank you so much for sharing this story! i very much enjoyed reading all of it, especially chapter 17&23. Amazing how you've put bellas anger and edwards fear in words.

in chapter 22 the part when bella first sees the pack i found quite confusing though... first where you wrote "all werewolfs" i thought they came in their wolf-form, which would have been strange... but then you wrote part of them had aged... so they aren't all werewolfs any more, right? never mind... great story :)
chickleta chapter 23 . 1/30/2009
This was just...absurdly good. I think I might have liked it even more than Breaking Dawn. All of the characters felt perfect, and I really liked your idea for what Bella's talent could have been.

The epilogue with Charlie's death in it though, man, that almost killed me. I was bawling.
Malacandra chapter 22 . 1/19/2009
I enjoyed this story. It was a very sweet and concise look at a possible future for Bella and Edward after Eclipse. It was very light on conflict, and I would have enjoyed a little more Volturi, but I understand why you kept that to a minimum.

I would have complained about how you made Bella different from every other vampire, and made self control so easy for her (I've always seen her as a person with little self control), but Stephenie Meyer did the same thing in Breaking Dawn, so I can't really complain.

I really enjoyed the funeral scene at the end. I have tried to imagine Bella attending Charlie's funeral, but your scene was so well-written, and wrapped things up so nicely. It was good closure for Bella as well as for the reader.
restlesslinn chapter 22 . 1/16/2009
You did an awesome-st job! Very tight storyline!

Many thanks for writing. I truly enjoyed it.
Claw chapter 20 . 1/9/2009
Very intense, loved the logic and tight plot lines. Really outstanding.
cluelessS chapter 23 . 1/8/2009
This is amazing. Everything BD should have been.

Thank you so much for writing this.

Are you done with the Extras?

Haha. You said this was the first...
former.trackstar chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I LOVE IT! Once I started…I couldn’t stop reading. I love your story, it really is amazing. "Anger Management" is my fav. THANK YOU!
SusanL chapter 23 . 1/4/2009
What a great way to spend a gloomy Sunday afternoon :) I liked your vision and your take on the Volturi. I'm glad Carlisle, Esme and Jasper had larger roles than usual. I wish we had seen more of Rose and Emmett, though the bits we did see were great.
Lady Dragona chapter 23 . 1/3/2009
This is a beautiful story. I liked how you neutralized the Volturi threat and let Bella do the driving.
Juliejuliejulie chapter 16 . 1/1/2009
It's really amazing how much you got "right" from Breaking Dawn. Although in SM's version, Emmett didn't lose his hand. (That's hilarious, by the way.)
Mishelle20 chapter 23 . 12/30/2008
This is an amazing fic. I really enjoyed reading it.
481 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »