Reviews for Ripped Normality
Kittyjuneic chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
I feel like I'm missing out! I wish I hadn't missed this, I want to read it, it seems really good :'(
Diggs chapter 9 . 4/20/2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SEX!
GudenMulle chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
I really like this story, especially the relationship between Hitsugaya and Ichigo & Grimmjow. There is something immensely entertaining about it. But, gosh, there are many rumours going around about Ichimaru, huh, something involving Hisagi, something involving Kaien, yes yes.. Hitsugaya really needs to ask him straight out about certain things before the rumour-mill goes completely crazy.
Looking forward to the next chapter!
QueenOfCitrus chapter 9 . 7/18/2012
I don't know what it is about your writing style that strikes me so hard. It's dynamic, yet melancholically smooth. I love how bittersweet and easy to read it is, and how you add minor strings as side plotlines in it. It makes it all that much fuller, easy to believe. I wasn't sure what to expect from this 'morning after' situation. But you managed to finda good way to balance things and make the character's tempers show all the more with the way they behaved after they woke up. What they spoke about - tea, dammit, tea! - seemed like such an everyday topic, yet it reflected their restlessness, how they felt after Toushiro's outburst the previous day. I liked Ichimaru's laid-back attitude. He's blunt till it's painful and yet it almost seems like he can't help himself.

I enjoyed how you summed it up in just two sentences: "Ichimaru stopped, but Toshiro didn't fool himself into thinking it was because of him. He'd made his point, and that was all."
Gin is such a... odd man, really. He appears to be uncaring of the way his words sound sometimes, and when he's hellbent on saying something, he says it. It's a way you've built him that I think suits him very much. When he speaks to Toushiro, often disregarding proclamations such as 'I should leave', it is a delicious contradiction to what he does. He doesn't really protest when Toushiro decides to stop by, yet there's a gnawing feeling in me that the fact that Gin wasn't at home probably means more than you let on. I'd like to find out soon.
The last scene... What can I say? I don't know what it is about your kissing scenes that thrills me so much - could be the simplicity with which you handle them, the way in which you pick the perfect word, no more, no less - but it makes my heart jump.

Every. Single. Time.

I love Gin's reaction. He wouldn't kiss back, but wouldn't let go either. I smiled at his last line:

"Come on then, seduce me."

It just shows the slightly ironic way in which he sees the world. The fact that he doesn't bother speaking in riddles, yet he humours himself and sometimes does just that. I can't wait for the next chapter. :) I hope it's up soon.
Guest chapter 8 . 7/3/2012
Great chapter! i am so excited for the next C: go shiro! i loved him punching gin in the stomache now i am just waiting for sexy time :3
toboldlyfangirl chapter 8 . 6/21/2012
This is brilliant. Please continue, I don't think I can wait for the next chapter ; w ;
fallenfromthetop chapter 8 . 6/14/2012
Uhh...how to decribe it?

Sexy?

Yeah, this story is sexy.

WHICH IS A TOTAL GOOD THING :D
fallenfromthetop chapter 6 . 6/14/2012
It's kinda' like vice versa to this FF I read, instead of Hitsugaya rejecting Gin, this is the other way around XD
21xJoKeRx13 chapter 8 . 6/9/2012
Best wake up surprise ever! I'd re-read this fic a while back and was sad it stopped where I remembered it. But this is awesome :U writer's blocks are bitches
QueenOfCitrus chapter 8 . 6/9/2012
Ah, today seems awfully like my lucky day. xD I didn't quite expect to get that update so soon, but there it is, and I most certainly do not complain. I like this awkwardness you give Toushiro, this hint of childishness and refusal to face his problems. It makes him human somehow, and it emphasizes on the fact that while he's smart, he's still a kid. I also enjoy Ichigo's role into this. He seems so calm and easy-going, like the element that is there to balance Toushiro's constant swaying from one pole to the other. Something so small as retrieving books, transformed into something so big... And of course, Gin's POV was a surprise for me. Can't say I was thrilled when I saw it though, because so far Gin's been a completely closed book. Gotta say, the guy is a terrific mix of sly, immature and mysterious. But you've added a hint of something else there that makes him closer to the reader than in a lot of other fics. Here, he seems to have some weaknesses among his manipulative tactics and games. And he yields and errs sometimes, like a person, not a programmed robot.

I have to admit, the beginning of Gin and Toushiro's conversation was a big confusing to me, maybe that was done on purpose, I'm not sure. 'Who else?', and that thing about the toys... what was Toushiro really angry about? maybe it would get clearer later. Maybe I just didn't grasp something. I liked the little verbal spar though, because it shows so much what the real Gin and Toushiro really are like. I didn't expect how bluntly Gin addressed their situation, and the fact that he actually made some kind of a move, among the slightly provocative, challenging lines. The punch was also a surprise, but my initial reaction was to hiccup a laughter, because it felt like something that Toushiro would do. Vindictive, angry Toushiro... You don't mess with short people, I suppose.

And then the ending... It was so sweet and short, I melted a little on the inside. I don't know what to say except - do I dare be hopeful?

Update SOON, okay?
QueenOfCitrus chapter 7 . 6/8/2012
Jesus, it's been more than a year since you update, and it was so getting better and better, reaching a moment when I couldn't lift my eyes off the screen. I read this today and by the end of it, I was breathless. You have an extraordinary! It's light and very fluent, descriptive at all the right places, and with very interesting dialogue. I love it. I love the plot, the flow, the characters... I love the way you sometimes put these dubious lines and then suddenly these very blunt ones that shock the readers and make him/her gasp. I literally flinched when Gin said that thing about not being blind. I could feel all the disappointment and shame and sense of injustice that flooded Toushiro at that moment. There isn't any good way to react to this. Grimm and Ichigo are a great suffix to the plot, thickening it and making it so real. I dislike when writers focus solely on the two main characters. You have a way to make the atmosphere close, because there're actual people around, with their problems, their stories, their jokes. And there're many strands to this story... The secrets that you are yet to unravel keep me on edge. I have no idea what is happening, and I'm INSANELY curious. This... THIS is my favourite pairing.

I love both Gin and Toushiro to bits, and their tempers clash deliciously when it matters. I hope you continue this story - gods, if not, then at least let me know, so I can stop hoping like the idiot that I am - because this thing is precious. There're few stories that I enjoy, and this is one of them. One of the very few multi-chapter stories for this pairing... It's not senseless, it has plot, and style and this slight, bittersweet taste to it. I can't help it but mourn that you have decided to abandon this project. If there's anything I can do to make you reconsider... anything at all... Just let me know. I'm dying to see more of this fic, I'm eager to see it renewed, and I promise to review every chapter if you decide to continue this story. I'm sure I'm not the only one here. You left us hanging on the worst cliff possible, and with a feeling of desperation that nothing will work out. If this never continues, I'll just be left with this overwhelming feeling that nothing will ever work out between those two... And it's quite a disheartening sensation, really.

I hope you reply to this review and at least tell me about your plans.

Yours,

Queen
IlOvEmUsIcAnDyAoI chapter 8 . 7/6/2011
I like this story so far. I hope you don't give up on it.
Thingamajig chapter 8 . 5/14/2011
Thank you for the life sign! I'd almost given up on this. Even if you aren't so fond of it, this is one of my favorites. I didn't want to abandon it.

I really look forward to reading the rest of this.
RenoBites44 chapter 8 . 5/2/2011
So I was going through my emails, and I saw "[FF New Chapter] Ch. 8 of story, Ripped Normality, by Rinkinkirs" and I was like 'Ripped Normality.. sounds vaguely familiar.. WAIT.' And I realised it was this fic.

And then I got to the (sorry, not a new part.) bit. Ah, disappointment. I appreciate the life sign though, it's good to know it's not completely dead. xD

I'm looking forward to reading the rewrite. :)
LoveScythe chapter 8 . 2/27/2011
man i read this last year and i was hoping that maybe it would be continued by now :C i hope you guys continue cuz i love this story and i wanna know wat happens to toshiro and gin :D please don't abandon this story,please don't cuz i'm so looking foward to it :) and i think the story is just fine and ya don't need ta change anything...maybe a lil more ginhitsu scenes but still good :D