Reviews for It Rains on the Living
Teacuppy chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
Thank you for writing this, it's extremely sad, she really was destroyed at the end, I mean her entire family is gone... husband dead, son dead, daughter practically dead, and she is left behind to deal with all of that, too painful, ... I thought about all this too after having watched the series and I found her situation really unfortunate, unbearably so. Death Note users are cursed but their families even more...
So thank you for writing this, cuz kind of describes my own thoughts which I can't write...
inkedvigilante chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Its incredible that you wrote this in an hour (you said?) wow! The imagery and the flashbacks and everything were arranged like a wonderful bowl of fruits! It really displayed a mother's depressing state and you've really knitted the characters together in this so well, even without Near's name your way with words told enough! Great writing style and great story to top off the end of Death Note! Thanks for a splendid solemn take! :)
Anjiera-sama chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
I hoped that she punched that Snowball albino kid on the face. I got depressed too. Well, now I'm off to read happy fics with an alive Raito-kun hihi
ianxfalcon chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Now why did you have to do that? I don't want to feel sorry that Light died; I hate him for what he did, and the fact that he finally ended up the way he should have a long time ago was a brief victory, not that anything could change what had already been done.

I hate him the most for what he did to his family. He broke them apart. I can't imagine the horrible pain they'd have to go through for him - at least I couldn't, until I read this. It's an amazing story, this is. So sad, so heartbreaking, and it made me wish... I don't know, that it could have been different, that they could have saved him, if only for Sachiko's sake. Poor, poor woman, she had done absolutely nothing to deserve this.

And then there's Matsuda. How broken he is after all this. I just wanted to give him a hug and tell him that everything is okay and that he did the right thing, despite all.

You are a very good writer. I rarely get so affected by fanfiction.
Queen Yanna chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Oh god, I hadn't really understood the gravity of Light's death until I read this. Sachiko is one of the only main characters that I will always feel sympathy for, since her whole family was ruined by the end of the series. And the way you wrote this had me crying like a baby, so kudos to you for making it feel so real.
darling devotee chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
*stands in teary silence*

...ouch.

This captured, for me, the same acute pain that I felt at the end of DN itself: the lack of any chance of redemption, the sheer waste of it all, the meaningless loss of life and of potential. There is no one to blame, no one wanted this, but it hurts, oh God, it *hurts*, that it had to turn out this way. Sachiko's point of view is particularly moving because she sees Light as simply *himself*, and of deserving of love and appreciation and *life* no matter what the circumstances, and the acts he committed as Kira do not change that. If others were capable of seeing him in this way, then maybe Light wouldn't have died pointlessly and for no purpose - maybe he would have been allowed to live, to have a chance to be rescued from himself, to work towards some kind of redemption.

For me, this piece expressed how, for those in the midst of events, wider questions of justice and punishment have little meaning; and how nonsensical it seems that these abstract concepts could somehow explain or make right the death of someone they loved. A painful and powerful piece of work...

-Ro xx
Katamabob chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Once again, heart-breaking. But amazing. Poor Sachiko! Poor Matsuda! They must all feel so... lost. And she has lost everything :(

Brilliant story, expertly written. Great emotion.

Kate
Blair.1907 chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
I feel dreadfully sad now...

But this story was brilliantly crafted! But that's what is to be expected by a great author such as yourself:)

-Sunny
Loves-Chihuahuas chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
I wish I could formulate something a bit more , ah, deep? All that I can say at this moment, is simply: wonderful.
Blue Paper Plane chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Beautiful, as your work always is, Serria. The description was excessive and wonderful. Writing in Sachiko's POV was brilliant. Honestly, I thought this was lovely. It's one of my favorite Death Note fics.

Keep up the good work. )
Archea chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Very poignant and, more importantly, very true. I think the mistake here would have been to priviledge the elegiac - to show Sachiko as helpless and merely pathetic in her grief because she features as a rather subdued character in the saga. You were right to emphasize the anger coming into the open, the refusal to let righteousness erase the outrage of loss. Quite a verbal feat.
Darkfire359 chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
I don't know how you manage to always move me to tears. As much as people write tragic backstories for the Wammy's students, the Yagami family is the one that truly has the rotten luck.
Bridgettalladega chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
This was amazing! Oh, it was so depressing but just so filled with emotions! Ah, that was great!
Isa Knightwalker chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Also very beautiful, I couldn't stop crying.
Morticia1990 chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Oh wow, I cried! T.T It doesn't happen very often, but stories when death is included in the relationship between children and their parents always makes me break down crying. Ah well.

Great story!