Reviews for For The Boy Who Has Everything
Aleonora chapter 16 . 6/21/2012
Hello FoolishWishmaker!

First of all, I dont think I ever had as a hard time reading a fanfic as reading this one. I nearly died sometimes, othertimes I felt like Harry, watching Sirius' photos over and over again, thinking Why am I doing this to me?

I didnt stop, because I think the way you write is brilliant and suspense-packed and your characters are, for people like me who have read so much crap in the internet, so blissfully realistic and missing of common fanfic clichees. Therefore I couldnt stop even when I was near screaming aloud. Really, it drove me crazy every time Lupin had another discussion with Harry because I really think that his behaviour towards Harry, especially in the beginning, is terrible. (Snape's too, but this was bearable because, well, it is Snape ;)) On the other hand this was making it also realistic with Lupin blaming Harry and being so imperfect. I nevertheless wished sometimes Harry had stood up for himself (like done more than maybe screaming a bit but giving up half the way through) when he was treated unfair, for example when some of the adults accused him of being selfish, ignorant, arrogant and so on. Because in my opinion he isnt. So I really, really hope that you plan on making them finally understand that he isnt the whiny bastard and difficult adolescent they seem to think of him.

I hope I hear from you soon and you forgive me any mistakes in my review (Im not a native speaker...)

Best wishes

Aleonora
Lestat Lebrat chapter 16 . 6/20/2012
HI! I have been waiting for a year for the update to this amazing story! I must say it is even better than I thought it would be! I love this story and I really hope you are inspired enough to continue!

Eternally Faithful

Lestat
wynnleaf chapter 16 . 6/20/2012
This has always been an unusual and fascinating story. I'm glad to see a new chapter, especially such a nice long one!
Mystical G Panther chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Hey cool story!

I love all the suspense!

Update really soon eh?
MareG8 chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Uh-oh... Ron I'm guessing? Or Snape?

And what are they doing in the alcove?
Kashel chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Interesting chapter.

Some new developments and Hermione already being suspicious, huh?

I still somewhat can't stand the way the adults treat Harry. Okay, he is a bit acting up... but to me, it's kinda mean. Not telling him anything but then getting angry at him for not knowing. It's ridiculous... almost childish of them.

Can't really say I like Ron's reaction either.

Harry and Malfoy try to be uhm... pleasant? and he runs off. Okay, like Hermione says, he doesn't adapt to changes that easily... hopefully he comes around.

Still wonddering were you're going with this fanfiction.

Looking forward to finding it out. Your writing style is a bit mysterious but also captivating.

Kashel
MethosLives chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Wow! I'm so glad you updated! :))) great chapter! Thank you for not abandoning this story!
Ni Lemur chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
I can't believe this fic doesn't have a 1000 reviews! It's wonderful! I've read it twice now and it is just as engaging the second time as it was the first. Deliciously frustrated on Harry's behalf. I feel so bad for him and really want some loving adult to dote on him until he starts trusting them. Poor Harry really does have some trust issues but I'm glad that he is finally being confronted with the fact that everything isn't black and white.

What is with his new study habits? Is he Snape's son for real? Is this what he would've been like if he hadn't been made into a James Potter cardboard copy or whatever is going on! Or is he REALLY James' son and him stupidly not drinking the second potion is turning him into Snape's long dead son or WHAT!

You twist my head and my morals. Thank you!

/Lemur
gin chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
i love your story but please snape begin love harry and doesnt acting like draco his own son.i really dont like snape care about much draco than his own son (lilys son) if snape in love with lily he never cruel lily and his own only child.

but generally your story is very update soon:)
Gladoo89 chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Great chapter! I love it and I'm so glad you updated! :) I think I'll read again the whole story during the summer because I do not remember some details (like : WHY is the Ministry persecuting Harry, his friends and the DA?)!
duj chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Compelling story. You do a great job of the powerlessness and sullen misery of living with blaming-n-shaming guardians. Snape actively dislikes Harry and Lupin doesn't trust him not to blunder them all into the Ministry's hands. Really, of course, both men are trying to protect him, but if they explained more and *listened* instead of always assuming rebellion and recklessness he'd probably make fewer mistakes. It's just like Lupin to try to put a pleasant face on things with lies and half-truths, and promises he doesn't know if he'll be able to keep. Snape is a more ethical person, but he can't see past the antipathy he and Harry have always felt for each other.
whisperace chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
first,wow all that kept the ministry from going

"Nazi Germany" was Dumbles and Voldie?

no-one had the power to restrain the MOM?

IN THIS FIC THE CURE WAS WORSE THAN THE DISEASE.

god,concentration camps for kids.

and Lupin make my skin crawl in this story.

the way they,on a subconscious level blame harry

for the confinement and torture of many people.

that being the only way i can reconcile their actions

toward him.

i am often not on Harry's side in fanfics.

in fact i often find him obnoxious.

but here i would not blame him for not trusting the men at all.

when you break it down Lupin is an acquaintance.

and Snape a near stranger,if Snape is in fact Harry's father,

that makes it worse,Lupin as always mimics the leader.

Really how hard would it have been to tell him when he

arrived at Grimmauld that the ministry has gone mad hunting him,thinking that he is the new dark lord,and that all who

know him are in hiding.?

as such to keep his cloak at hand and trust them to protect him.

gee a five minute conversation,would have laid a basis

for trust and saved a lot of drama.

A huge part of the difficulties occurring between

Harry,Snape and Lupin,lays in the fact

that the adults are reacting on the presumption

of who harry is.

ie:spoiled,pampered,selfish,and petty.

After all,Snape knew all about harry before he arrived at Hogwarts."celebrity"

Learning who harry is, as a person is way down

their list of priorities.

So their every interaction is based on a false premise,

an assumption of his attitude/actions.

Putting words in his mouth,than being shocked that

he didn't act as badly as they thought.

Or god forbid,thinking that their influence

caused a change in his actions.

if at some point Snape wants his sons respect /affection.

make him crawl on broken glass for it.

after all they are treating harry as the villain.

and you know,Draco is going to trump harry in Snapes heart.

this is one fic that i would like to see end with

harry walking away as an adult, after telling

daddy-o to rot in hell.

After Snape makes a little effort toward reconciliation,too little too late.

whisperace
insertwittynicknamehere chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
I really like this story. I like how you're taking elements from the seventh book and twisting them around; it makes it feel more realistic. I desperately want to know what's wrong with Lupin. For all I know, it could be something totally obvious, but it really is stumping me. Also, the whole "it isn't just a useful disguise" part makes me wonder exactly how that will play out. (Is Lily really Harry's mum? Is it actually the Carmichael woman? Has Harry been permanently polyjuiced since he was born? Is there a real Harry Potter out there?) Also, I'm curious about what happened on the stairs at the end of the chapter. Anyways, I really like the characterization in this fic and especially how you point out some of Harry's flaws.
DarkRavie chapter 16 . 6/18/2012
Another very good chapter. I look forward to reading what happens in your next chapter.
SLegend chapter 16 . 6/18/2012
First - I am sooooo glad you're back! Really been hoping to see a conclusion to this story! I just love it :-)

Next - Wow! What a great chapter...filled with lots of intensity...even a cliffhanger! Really, really great! Can't wait to keep reading!
528 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »