Reviews for For The Boy Who Has Everything
Kashel chapter 17 . 6/24/2012
So one more chapter, huh?

Actually, a lot of dialogue.

Harry's character development is somewhat frightening - it's like he's broken.

I think the way Snape and Lupin treat him finally got to him.

To me, he seems more subdued then in the chapters before.

I wonder when he'll snap - and what the adults will do about this wand issue.

greetings

Kashel
Professor-Evans chapter 17 . 6/24/2012
Well, congratulations! I found a story that made me DEPRESSED, and WANTING TO CRY MULTIPULE TIMES. Seriously, Lupin's being an insensetive ass, Snape is being his usual self, and I think Harry has a good excuse for acting how he did in earlier chapters. His 'home' life didn't give him much emotional growth, he has been put through hell MANY TIMES, and on top of that, EVERYONE IS EITHER LYING TO HIM, OR TELLING HIM TO STAY QUIET. If I were him, I would have broken down sobbing a long time ago.
bluejay2003 chapter 17 . 6/24/2012
I just noticed this chapter went up as I was reading the rest of the story. Wow, lots of development here and I love long chapters. I feel terrible for all the kids and for Harry who blames himself. The adults also seems to be sort of helpless to stop anything from happening to the kids, which must be hard for them. How long until someone figures out that Harry is changing? And until Snape and Harry start to get along better? I love the suspense in this story.
bluejay2003 chapter 16 . 6/24/2012
I'm glad I found this story. It's extremely well written and it has an actual plot! The characterization is great and avoids a lot of the cliches. I like the cast of characters and how each is given enough screen time to develop, but not so much that they overshadow Harry. I do wish there was more Snape, though. For a Severitus story, there's really very little Harry and Snape interaction. Hopefully later there will be more. You've made Draco a very sympathetic character so far. Lots of scary things happening in their world. Well done!
Aleonora chapter 16 . 6/21/2012
Hello FoolishWishmaker!

First of all, I dont think I ever had as a hard time reading a fanfic as reading this one. I nearly died sometimes, othertimes I felt like Harry, watching Sirius' photos over and over again, thinking Why am I doing this to me?

I didnt stop, because I think the way you write is brilliant and suspense-packed and your characters are, for people like me who have read so much crap in the internet, so blissfully realistic and missing of common fanfic clichees. Therefore I couldnt stop even when I was near screaming aloud. Really, it drove me crazy every time Lupin had another discussion with Harry because I really think that his behaviour towards Harry, especially in the beginning, is terrible. (Snape's too, but this was bearable because, well, it is Snape ;)) On the other hand this was making it also realistic with Lupin blaming Harry and being so imperfect. I nevertheless wished sometimes Harry had stood up for himself (like done more than maybe screaming a bit but giving up half the way through) when he was treated unfair, for example when some of the adults accused him of being selfish, ignorant, arrogant and so on. Because in my opinion he isnt. So I really, really hope that you plan on making them finally understand that he isnt the whiny bastard and difficult adolescent they seem to think of him.

I hope I hear from you soon and you forgive me any mistakes in my review (Im not a native speaker...)

Best wishes

Aleonora
Lestat Lebrat chapter 16 . 6/20/2012
HI! I have been waiting for a year for the update to this amazing story! I must say it is even better than I thought it would be! I love this story and I really hope you are inspired enough to continue!

Eternally Faithful

Lestat
wynnleaf chapter 16 . 6/20/2012
This has always been an unusual and fascinating story. I'm glad to see a new chapter, especially such a nice long one!
Mystical G Panther chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Hey cool story!

I love all the suspense!

Update really soon eh?
MareG8 chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Uh-oh... Ron I'm guessing? Or Snape?

And what are they doing in the alcove?
Kashel chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Interesting chapter.

Some new developments and Hermione already being suspicious, huh?

I still somewhat can't stand the way the adults treat Harry. Okay, he is a bit acting up... but to me, it's kinda mean. Not telling him anything but then getting angry at him for not knowing. It's ridiculous... almost childish of them.

Can't really say I like Ron's reaction either.

Harry and Malfoy try to be uhm... pleasant? and he runs off. Okay, like Hermione says, he doesn't adapt to changes that easily... hopefully he comes around.

Still wonddering were you're going with this fanfiction.

Looking forward to finding it out. Your writing style is a bit mysterious but also captivating.

Kashel
MethosLives chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Wow! I'm so glad you updated! :))) great chapter! Thank you for not abandoning this story!
Ni Lemur chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
I can't believe this fic doesn't have a 1000 reviews! It's wonderful! I've read it twice now and it is just as engaging the second time as it was the first. Deliciously frustrated on Harry's behalf. I feel so bad for him and really want some loving adult to dote on him until he starts trusting them. Poor Harry really does have some trust issues but I'm glad that he is finally being confronted with the fact that everything isn't black and white.

What is with his new study habits? Is he Snape's son for real? Is this what he would've been like if he hadn't been made into a James Potter cardboard copy or whatever is going on! Or is he REALLY James' son and him stupidly not drinking the second potion is turning him into Snape's long dead son or WHAT!

You twist my head and my morals. Thank you!

/Lemur
gin chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
i love your story but please snape begin love harry and doesnt acting like draco his own son.i really dont like snape care about much draco than his own son (lilys son) if snape in love with lily he never cruel lily and his own only child.

but generally your story is very update soon:)
Gladoo89 chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Great chapter! I love it and I'm so glad you updated! :) I think I'll read again the whole story during the summer because I do not remember some details (like : WHY is the Ministry persecuting Harry, his friends and the DA?)!
duj chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Compelling story. You do a great job of the powerlessness and sullen misery of living with blaming-n-shaming guardians. Snape actively dislikes Harry and Lupin doesn't trust him not to blunder them all into the Ministry's hands. Really, of course, both men are trying to protect him, but if they explained more and *listened* instead of always assuming rebellion and recklessness he'd probably make fewer mistakes. It's just like Lupin to try to put a pleasant face on things with lies and half-truths, and promises he doesn't know if he'll be able to keep. Snape is a more ethical person, but he can't see past the antipathy he and Harry have always felt for each other.
532 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »