Reviews for In the Light
Yoline Nimai chapter 8 . 4/12
Thank you again for that great story, I really enjoyed reading it!
Wow! What a captivating tale you've told. Thank you!
Lindelas chapter 7 . 2/4/2013
I'm probably going to botch trying to explain this, but... the way you weave mythology and character parallels into your stories is amazing! I have to be honest, normally if I were to encounter something like Dean being compared to a wolf, and things like that, I might be put off and think it excruciatingly cheesy. But the thing is, the way you write those bits is so seamless and so fitting that its completely believable! And little moments like Abe telling Sam that 'Dean was his (John's) warrior, but you were his gift' make the story so rich. And there's lots of little moments and sentences like that that just take my breath away, because they're so in character, but they go deeper than we could probably ever get in the show because you're painting pictures with words and I just seriously love your writing style and thank you! *gush*
NyteKit chapter 8 . 12/24/2012
So I had to follow you here from your LJ because I love your storyfics for Supernatural, and this one is no exception. I really like Abe and the 'verse you've written including him. Plus, you put the boys through so much pain before bringing everything to a completed close. I think what I like most about this one (and the prequel to this) is how much they seem to understand each other by the time the fic is done. There's angst but it's like, angst for a purpose. Whatever. Anyway, I really enjoyed this story, and you'll probably get a lot more reviews from me in the coming weeks as I read more of your fics. :)
tumbling-down-and-down chapter 8 . 12/15/2012
damn this is good :) I love the balance between dean's weaknesses and strengths and the amount of hurt for both the boys! and the part where dean talks to his father with sam's voice interjecting was so vivid and good! thanks for writing! :)
game-on-panda chapter 8 . 10/17/2012
:applauds loudly: Out-freakin-standing story. Horror, suspense, angst, terror, spooky stuff galore, it feels like a mini-arc of the show's beginnings. You've captured character personalities perfectly, the story begins strong and never lets up. You've latched on to some great constant themes in the show - guilt, loyalty, family bonds, sacrifice - and you've stuck to those themes with an excellent narrative. The use of song lyrics is perfectly suited, and perfectly in tune (pardon the pun) with the show. This is among the best fan fictions I've read in quite some time; you have talent. I do hope you continue with it. Again, excellent, excellent work.
Amon chapter 8 . 4/9/2012
Super-fantastic I enjoy every minute of reading this story Beautifully portrayed the personalities, the scenary, the plot Everything Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story!
afickleflakes chapter 8 . 12/20/2011
Oh goodness, gracious me. This was just... Brilliant. I liked it so much. Great job! (: it was a wonderful read. (:
metallideangrl chapter 8 . 6/9/2011
Awe, gaelic - I absolutely loved this story. I loved it when Dean and Sam ran into Abe. I really liked their dynamic, Abe's thoughts about the boys, and what he was able to tell them about John. The whammy you put on Dean, you really like to hurt him, don't you? Not that I'm complaining, I like me some hurt!Dean as well. The will that Dean has to overcome his physical limitations is truly admirable. And his protectiveness over Sammy. And Sam's concern for his brother. Loved it all. I particularly liked the statement you made from Abe's perspective, "Sam may be Dean's purpose in life, but Dean was Sam's anchor. His connection to reality." That is a PERFECT way to describe these two brothers and their relationship. I just loved that.

It was also fun to have Bobby and learn of a relationship he had way back when. Bobby leaving Mags, his reasoning behind it really reflects a lot in Dean's reasoning as to why he did what he did with Lisa and Ben. Heartbreaking for them both thinking and believing that having a relationship is not a wise choice.

The other thing I really loved (besides the whole story) was the dog. How he was a soulmate for Dean and how he was always there for Dean when Dean needed help the most. How the two just gravitated towards each other and Dean found in this companion unconditional love. Pure love and devotion. It was a beautiful part of the story. Too bad Dean couldn't keep him, but knowing that he was with Abe, eased the pain a little bit of him having to leave the dog behind.

Again, great story. Also, the vid link on your first page, I went to go view it, took out the spaces, but it reverted to the main YouTube page. Can you send me the full link to the vid. I would love to view it. Thanks.
Zinfer chapter 8 . 4/24/2011
Woohooo! And another one bites the dust! Great job on the fic, I love how you deviated from the supernatural monster being the main villain. Sal was a butt. Also, the stomach wound was cool and u worked the scenes out very well. (to a point where I had several I wanted to paint on Photoshop. I picked the bathtub scene when Sam was trying to cool dean down). Almost done with it and I'll show u it when I finish :). Keep up the good work

(and lol to my earlier comment about u not using the f word XD. I'm not a fan of vulgarity but i am a fan of ur stories so I'll bear with it)
Lilly Emerald chapter 8 . 2/7/2011
So I have finally reached the end and what an ending it was. This had to be my favourite chapter, it just wrapped up everything so nicely and I loved the last part! Great story...now at some point I have to read the prequel to it which I should have read first lol
Lilly Emerald chapter 5 . 2/5/2011
well this was a chapter packed full of emotion...even more then the others lol what a chapter to read before work! Am looking forward to reading the next one. Luckily I managed to read the end before i absolutely have to leave! will read more as soon as I can
Lilly Emerald chapter 4 . 2/4/2011
Oh no poor Sam! This thing is very very evil that they are fighting lol. And hey, I like creed and I like some Metallica songs so which brother would I side with in the music debate? Most likely Sam lol which is strange since I prefer Dean lol. Oh well...time to read another chapter!
Lilly Emerald chapter 3 . 2/3/2011
so whose dead? Needing to know right now but I don't think I will have time to read another chapter tonight! I'm glad they managed to save Dean but you put him through a lot didn't you? lol
fangirl29 chapter 8 . 2/3/2011
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Truly magnificent. *sigh* I wish I had your talent. Your words are truly moving. Hands down you are the BESTEST Dean whumper in all of SPN fandom! I bow down before you. I'm off work for two days due to inclement weather (aka snow days)and I know exactly what I will do every spare minute...read your work, of course!