Reviews for In the Light
fangirl29 chapter 3 . 1/28/2011
I'm so happy to find you on fanficnet! I started out reading SG1 fic here about 10 years ago! I am so enthralled with your work. I know some of it is a couple of years old, but I only just got hooked on SPN fic, which is weird because I've been watching the show since day 1 (and swooning over Dean *sigh*). I really don't have the words to tell you how prolific and talented a writer I think you are. However, I will tell you that I am waking up about 2 hours earlier than usual during the week so I can get my hurtDean fix before work. You write Dean angst and whump like nobody's business, girl! Thank you for sharing such fantastic work with us mere mortals!
TheAngelofFate chapter 6 . 1/18/2011
With stuttering grace like an image from a still-motion camera, the ikiryoh began to climb free from Sal's chest, spilling blood and organs in its wake, emerging clean, gray skin glowing eerily, dark hair dusting an innocent face.

Sam gasped as it lifted black eyes to take them all in.

And smiled.

0_0 Oh SHIT! I'm officially CREEPED OUT OF MY MIND! I Love this story still!
Wall Ball chapter 8 . 1/18/2011
Fantastic! A very enjoyable read! You're a real attention grabber!
TheAngelofFate chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
I LOve this story! Even though I'm only on the first chapter... I have a question... Who the hell is Abe?
Creative Spark chapter 8 . 7/14/2010
Wow another long one down. Thanks for the suggestion. :D great story by the way, it's nice to see Abe's perspective on the bros - someone else looking in.

On to the next one!

-Spark
borgmama1of5 chapter 8 . 7/10/2010
How do you do this to me? You push my heart to its limits, twist it to shreds with anxiety, fill my eyes with tears...and then leave hope at the end.

Alas, having read this for the first time after the events of season 5, the hope is false, and the tears are bitter.

It is simply amazing to me how you have foreshadowed so much. A true indication, I think, of just how much you instinctively know of the journey the brothers must make...no peace for heroes, only moments to live and then watch them fade like dust in the wind...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful and devastating story.
Leahelisabeth chapter 8 . 2/8/2010
I didn't like this one quite as much as Ramble On, but it is definitely still a good story. I liked that you brought Abe back. He is a good character. I haven't decided what I am going to read next, but i am sure I will enjoy it! Take care!
Amy Renee chapter 8 . 1/12/2010
I love this story. Very creative and gripping.
WatchOutForIce chapter 8 . 9/17/2009
Well - At the risk of dropping spoilers, and in an attempt to NOT drop spoilers, for anyone who hasn't seen it - I gotta say this was a very nice, refreshing balm for the end of 5.02. And I hope Kripke takes a hint from you by the end of the season, cause this was awesome. (as has been the rest of them thus far, it just takes me a serious kick in the rear to get works out on it...like 5.02)

I love the way you portray the boys' relationship. I really like Abe and am hoping he shows up again. Lobo was (as a serious dog person and a FEMA K9 handler) SERIOUSLY AWESOME, but I like how you resolved him at the end, there... very nicely done. No poof, no abandonment, just a shifting of purpose, which was totally cool.

Now... for the next story in the list!
Anne1013 chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
"It's not...clowns, or anything is it?" Aahh, poor drunk Sammy. Loving it.

Anne
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 8 . 6/11/2009
Wow. Blow me away with a story quite so fine :) I do honestly believe you are the inspiration to a fandom.

Reading your work seems to bring the best out in you are SO. Very. Talented. My god- please...contact Kripke with some ideas girl...god...please :)

I think you needed to write this- in a way because of what Dean went through and what Sam and his brother have sacrificed in their life- we have to sacrifice something in ours and even two complete different and polar opposties lives...pain and happiness is still there and...even though one is fiction and the other real we still have to move on, push on and get on throgh our lives to whatever holds us close...and whoa...i just rambled for a while then.

ignore me love- that was an amazing story i WILL most definitley be reading again and again and...the movie reel you planted in my head for this fic alone will feed me for many many years. Just like the Ikiroyoh (if thats spelt right) feeds on darkness...I've fed on talent and hun...you have it in buckets x

i loved this read

LittleLurker chapter 8 . 5/20/2009
I loved, LOVED this story. Even better than Ramble On, which was already so very, very good. I have no idea how you do it... but seriously your stories are MUCH better than the original series. Maybe someone (i.e. you) should contact Kripke & Co. and show them some of your works.

This was the most memorable scene:

Abe had seen it before. He'd seen these brothers pull each other from the brink before. And if he kept up this life, he knew he would see it again. The warrior that was Dean would fight to the bloody end to protect the gift that was Sam. But Sam's will was nothing to be countered. His ferocious faith in his brother rivaled many a zealot and Abe found himself pitying the forces that sought to tear these two apart.

"Dad?" Dean mumbled for the third time that hour.

Abe rubbed his fingers over his lips, resting his eyes on the pale, bruised face. Asleep, Dean looked much younger than his years or experiences. The scars Abe had seen running rivers of memory over Dean's young body told stories that no one his age should be able to recount. His eyes, when open, could freeze or warm, seduce or repel, and they aged him in ways Abe couldn't fathom.

But as he watched Dean now, Abe saw a boy. A wounded, lonely boy, in need of his father, in need of reassurance, in need of strength.

oh and this one between Sam and Dean:

And you… you had to promise Dad… promise me…"

Dean tried to speak. But his breath had left him.

"You had to make a promise that's killing you slowly each day," Sam said, one tear slipping past his lashes and bouncing down a stubbled cheek.

"No, Sammy," Dean shook his head, his strangled voice as certain as Sam's had been earlier. "It's not."

"Dean—"

"It's not because my promise was to save you." Dean's voice grew stronger as he began to believe his own words. "I told him I'd watch out for you. Take care of you. Just like always."

I guess there were more scenes in the chapters before that tugged at something inside of me... but since it's about 4:something in the morning here, I decided to not go back and search for those right now. Anyhow, that you picked Kansas' "Carry on My Wayward Son" for the last scene just about wraps it all up so very nicely! - Thanks so much for this fantastic read!

I've really got to go to bed right now, but I will read more.

Please take care. D.
pickamix chapter 8 . 3/9/2009
Interesting bad guy, you hate her and feel bad for her all at once... I like that conflict though... it adds a bit of harsh reality to it. I liked seeing Abe again and I liked that he decided to go home... it just seemed right for him. Sorry to hear about your emergency appendectomy that had to have sucked.
Morganeth Taren'drel chapter 8 . 1/29/2009
Another beautiful story. You write such wonderfully compelling original characters. I simply adored seeing Sam and Dean through Abe's eyes.
ontara chapter 8 . 1/14/2009
oh well, what can I say that's even remotely new...nothing really.

great story - loved it from start to finish. I very much enjoy Abe as well - great character! this one goes straight to my favorites!

take care