Reviews for In the Light
WatchOutForIce chapter 8 . 9/17/2009
Well - At the risk of dropping spoilers, and in an attempt to NOT drop spoilers, for anyone who hasn't seen it - I gotta say this was a very nice, refreshing balm for the end of 5.02. And I hope Kripke takes a hint from you by the end of the season, cause this was awesome. (as has been the rest of them thus far, it just takes me a serious kick in the rear to get works out on it...like 5.02)

I love the way you portray the boys' relationship. I really like Abe and am hoping he shows up again. Lobo was (as a serious dog person and a FEMA K9 handler) SERIOUSLY AWESOME, but I like how you resolved him at the end, there... very nicely done. No poof, no abandonment, just a shifting of purpose, which was totally cool.

Now... for the next story in the list!
Anne1013 chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
"It's not...clowns, or anything is it?" Aahh, poor drunk Sammy. Loving it.

Anne
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 8 . 6/11/2009
Wow. Blow me away with a story quite so fine :) I do honestly believe you are the inspiration to a fandom.

Reading your work seems to bring the best out in you are SO. Very. Talented. My god- please...contact Kripke with some ideas girl...god...please :)

I think you needed to write this- in a way because of what Dean went through and what Sam and his brother have sacrificed in their life- we have to sacrifice something in ours and even two complete different and polar opposties lives...pain and happiness is still there and...even though one is fiction and the other real we still have to move on, push on and get on throgh our lives to whatever holds us close...and whoa...i just rambled for a while then.

ignore me love- that was an amazing story i WILL most definitley be reading again and again and...the movie reel you planted in my head for this fic alone will feed me for many many years. Just like the Ikiroyoh (if thats spelt right) feeds on darkness...I've fed on talent and hun...you have it in buckets x

i loved this read

LittleLurker chapter 8 . 5/20/2009
I loved, LOVED this story. Even better than Ramble On, which was already so very, very good. I have no idea how you do it... but seriously your stories are MUCH better than the original series. Maybe someone (i.e. you) should contact Kripke & Co. and show them some of your works.

This was the most memorable scene:

Abe had seen it before. He'd seen these brothers pull each other from the brink before. And if he kept up this life, he knew he would see it again. The warrior that was Dean would fight to the bloody end to protect the gift that was Sam. But Sam's will was nothing to be countered. His ferocious faith in his brother rivaled many a zealot and Abe found himself pitying the forces that sought to tear these two apart.

"Dad?" Dean mumbled for the third time that hour.

Abe rubbed his fingers over his lips, resting his eyes on the pale, bruised face. Asleep, Dean looked much younger than his years or experiences. The scars Abe had seen running rivers of memory over Dean's young body told stories that no one his age should be able to recount. His eyes, when open, could freeze or warm, seduce or repel, and they aged him in ways Abe couldn't fathom.

But as he watched Dean now, Abe saw a boy. A wounded, lonely boy, in need of his father, in need of reassurance, in need of strength.

oh and this one between Sam and Dean:

And you… you had to promise Dad… promise me…"

Dean tried to speak. But his breath had left him.

"You had to make a promise that's killing you slowly each day," Sam said, one tear slipping past his lashes and bouncing down a stubbled cheek.

"No, Sammy," Dean shook his head, his strangled voice as certain as Sam's had been earlier. "It's not."

"Dean—"

"It's not because my promise was to save you." Dean's voice grew stronger as he began to believe his own words. "I told him I'd watch out for you. Take care of you. Just like always."

I guess there were more scenes in the chapters before that tugged at something inside of me... but since it's about 4:something in the morning here, I decided to not go back and search for those right now. Anyhow, that you picked Kansas' "Carry on My Wayward Son" for the last scene just about wraps it all up so very nicely! - Thanks so much for this fantastic read!

I've really got to go to bed right now, but I will read more.

Please take care. D.
pickamix chapter 8 . 3/9/2009
Interesting bad guy, you hate her and feel bad for her all at once... I like that conflict though... it adds a bit of harsh reality to it. I liked seeing Abe again and I liked that he decided to go home... it just seemed right for him. Sorry to hear about your emergency appendectomy that had to have sucked.
Morganeth Taren'drel chapter 8 . 1/29/2009
Another beautiful story. You write such wonderfully compelling original characters. I simply adored seeing Sam and Dean through Abe's eyes.
ontara chapter 8 . 1/14/2009
oh well, what can I say that's even remotely new...nothing really.

great story - loved it from start to finish. I very much enjoy Abe as well - great character! this one goes straight to my favorites!

take care
TuckerCat chapter 8 . 12/17/2008
I always enjoy your stories and this is one that will go on my favorites list. I think you got the complex relationships and I am glad you included the wolf/dog. I have had animal companions most of my life, including a this time a truely awesome cat named Tucker - surprise surprise! I believe in the good even knowing evil is real also. I believe that the good in men will win, always have, always will. Thanks for a great story.
Sakura123 chapter 8 . 12/2/2008
To be breif: Awe-Some, man. I loved reading every minute of it. The return of Abe, the introduction of Lobo (I heart that protective wolf, so much) and the entire storyline, which seemed to shift from personal troubles for all the characters, a witch, "unchecked vengance", and healing from previous and current encounters. I freaked out by the more gorier parts of this tale (eesh). Brilliantly written.

Sakura123
flah7 chapter 8 . 11/18/2008
You were recommended and am glad you were. this story was fantastic.

the story, the characters, the impala and even Lobo were amazingly well depicted. Its as if they boys and Bobby and the others simply walked off the screen.

Amazing story. Captivating and visual.

Great joy to read.

thanks for sharing.
Wilkwo chapter 8 . 11/18/2008
:) G'day yet again.

You know, I sat down to read maybe a chapter of this, then continue with stuff I had planned for the day - going for a walk, doing a wee bit of drawing, tha woiks. And instead I spent all day READING the whole thing. I couldn't stop. So that's all your fault.

Great story - very very spooky imagery. You captured the Grudge type Japanese freaky vengeful spirit very well. :D Good fun.

Poor ol' Dean! He gets so mangled in your stories, but it really does bring out the best in both he and Sam, so it's always so emotionally rewarding to read.

I love the character of Abe, so it was wonderful to see the world through his soul again. I am a lover of wolves too, so seeing Lobo padding his way through the story, bringing Dean such joy, saving his butt, was awesome. :) I'm glad Lobo is going home with Abe.

I saw (I think) that you're planning another story with Abe? Can't wait to read it. :) Thank you for the gift of your story.

Adios!

Jen
RubyVega chapter 8 . 9/24/2008
So, read the sequel and you know what? I'm stucked.

Your writing skill is awesome and I just love the whole hurt and comfort theme. Thank you again.

The music background has made my playlist while reading... It really fits in well...

Again, my english isn't good enough to express what I want to say (but I could read your story, so I think it isn't that bad...). Your awesome. I'll read your other stories for sure!
Rebel Goddess chapter 8 . 8/5/2008
Ouch! Hope you are feeling better after your appendectomy.

I liked the inside of Dean's mind, the photo collage especially. Loved the random sleepwalking idea. I think Dean would come back from the dead for the sake of saving his car from an impound lot. LOL at Sam's "If?" Lobo is a force for good and I love him. LOL at the perfection of the timing of closeness and yelling. Sniff. I don't want him to lose Lobo but then he can hardly take him. Great conversation between Abe and Dean. Excellent story.
chemm80 chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
This is fantastic honey-harrowing and riveting from beginning to end. Serious Dean whumpage with a side serving of angst? It doesn't get any better than that. And as much as I love Dean, I love the way Sam steps up and deals with the situation when he has to. I'm not sure where in here you said it, but it's the point where Dean sees the strength that was "always there" in Sam.

I said previously that I enjoy Abe Nokomis. He's an interesting character in his own right, but also lovely for the way he sees our boys:

"Sam may be Dean's purpose in life, but Dean was Sam's anchor. His connection to reality."

I've always loved that Yeats quote; "the centre cannot hold" - amazing four words can be so evocative.

Probably my favorite thing was the music you included. The music is one of the things I love most about the show anyway, and a big part of my love for Dean, because his music is so much a part of my own life. I'm a big Bob Seger fan myself, so I totally love you for making John and Mary love him, and especially for putting Turn the Page in here. That song has always haunted me anyway, and its evocation of the lonely outsiders leading a nomadic lifestyle is a fitting anthem for the Winchesters. When Bobby starts singing it? OMG, I could hear the wail of the sax. LOVE IT. (And I agree with you about Nothing Else Matters-beautiful lyrics and fitting for Dean and Sam.) And speaking of Bobby, the side story of Maggie and him was a nice touch, bringing him into the story with a connection that's more than just with the boys.

The ending scene was also one of my favorites, Sam washing the car and looking back at Dean, like a kid looking to a parent for approval, for attention. It also struck me strongly when Abe said, "I thought I wanted what you had, Dean Winchester...I never truly realized what you've sacrificed to get it." I think it says a lot about why we're all drawn to the Winchesters and what they have. And the last sentence: "light, home and hands" - gorgeous.
EFW chapter 8 . 7/25/2008
"You wait until you're dead and a figment of my imagination before you decide to care what I think?"

So funny - and so true to Dean.

This was a really haunting story on so many levels. The whole story of Claire and her dad, and her rape, was so tragic. And Sal was a wonderful villain that I hated throughout - I was glad to see him get his due.

The relationships between Maggie and Yeats and Maggie and Bobby were also well fleshed out, and you added a nice dimension to Bobby at the same time. And you know how much I love Abe. I hope he comes back in another story.

I know I've said this before - but I love how you find all these great spirits and demons and related supernatural stuff to include in all your stories. They're unique and entertaining and always a great read.

You did it again - great story!
506 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »