Reviews for In the Light
Morganeth Taren'drel chapter 8 . 1/29/2009
Another beautiful story. You write such wonderfully compelling original characters. I simply adored seeing Sam and Dean through Abe's eyes.
ontara chapter 8 . 1/14/2009
oh well, what can I say that's even remotely new...nothing really.

great story - loved it from start to finish. I very much enjoy Abe as well - great character! this one goes straight to my favorites!

take care
TuckerCat chapter 8 . 12/17/2008
I always enjoy your stories and this is one that will go on my favorites list. I think you got the complex relationships and I am glad you included the wolf/dog. I have had animal companions most of my life, including a this time a truely awesome cat named Tucker - surprise surprise! I believe in the good even knowing evil is real also. I believe that the good in men will win, always have, always will. Thanks for a great story.
Sakura123 chapter 8 . 12/2/2008
To be breif: Awe-Some, man. I loved reading every minute of it. The return of Abe, the introduction of Lobo (I heart that protective wolf, so much) and the entire storyline, which seemed to shift from personal troubles for all the characters, a witch, "unchecked vengance", and healing from previous and current encounters. I freaked out by the more gorier parts of this tale (eesh). Brilliantly written.

Sakura123
flah7 chapter 8 . 11/18/2008
You were recommended and am glad you were. this story was fantastic.

the story, the characters, the impala and even Lobo were amazingly well depicted. Its as if they boys and Bobby and the others simply walked off the screen.

Amazing story. Captivating and visual.

Great joy to read.

thanks for sharing.
Wilkwo chapter 8 . 11/18/2008
:) G'day yet again.

You know, I sat down to read maybe a chapter of this, then continue with stuff I had planned for the day - going for a walk, doing a wee bit of drawing, tha woiks. And instead I spent all day READING the whole thing. I couldn't stop. So that's all your fault.

Great story - very very spooky imagery. You captured the Grudge type Japanese freaky vengeful spirit very well. :D Good fun.

Poor ol' Dean! He gets so mangled in your stories, but it really does bring out the best in both he and Sam, so it's always so emotionally rewarding to read.

I love the character of Abe, so it was wonderful to see the world through his soul again. I am a lover of wolves too, so seeing Lobo padding his way through the story, bringing Dean such joy, saving his butt, was awesome. :) I'm glad Lobo is going home with Abe.

I saw (I think) that you're planning another story with Abe? Can't wait to read it. :) Thank you for the gift of your story.

Adios!

Jen
RubyVega chapter 8 . 9/24/2008
So, read the sequel and you know what? I'm stucked.

Your writing skill is awesome and I just love the whole hurt and comfort theme. Thank you again.

The music background has made my playlist while reading... It really fits in well...

Again, my english isn't good enough to express what I want to say (but I could read your story, so I think it isn't that bad...). Your awesome. I'll read your other stories for sure!
Rebel Goddess chapter 8 . 8/5/2008
Ouch! Hope you are feeling better after your appendectomy.

I liked the inside of Dean's mind, the photo collage especially. Loved the random sleepwalking idea. I think Dean would come back from the dead for the sake of saving his car from an impound lot. LOL at Sam's "If?" Lobo is a force for good and I love him. LOL at the perfection of the timing of closeness and yelling. Sniff. I don't want him to lose Lobo but then he can hardly take him. Great conversation between Abe and Dean. Excellent story.
chemm80 chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
This is fantastic honey-harrowing and riveting from beginning to end. Serious Dean whumpage with a side serving of angst? It doesn't get any better than that. And as much as I love Dean, I love the way Sam steps up and deals with the situation when he has to. I'm not sure where in here you said it, but it's the point where Dean sees the strength that was "always there" in Sam.

I said previously that I enjoy Abe Nokomis. He's an interesting character in his own right, but also lovely for the way he sees our boys:

"Sam may be Dean's purpose in life, but Dean was Sam's anchor. His connection to reality."

I've always loved that Yeats quote; "the centre cannot hold" - amazing four words can be so evocative.

Probably my favorite thing was the music you included. The music is one of the things I love most about the show anyway, and a big part of my love for Dean, because his music is so much a part of my own life. I'm a big Bob Seger fan myself, so I totally love you for making John and Mary love him, and especially for putting Turn the Page in here. That song has always haunted me anyway, and its evocation of the lonely outsiders leading a nomadic lifestyle is a fitting anthem for the Winchesters. When Bobby starts singing it? OMG, I could hear the wail of the sax. LOVE IT. (And I agree with you about Nothing Else Matters-beautiful lyrics and fitting for Dean and Sam.) And speaking of Bobby, the side story of Maggie and him was a nice touch, bringing him into the story with a connection that's more than just with the boys.

The ending scene was also one of my favorites, Sam washing the car and looking back at Dean, like a kid looking to a parent for approval, for attention. It also struck me strongly when Abe said, "I thought I wanted what you had, Dean Winchester...I never truly realized what you've sacrificed to get it." I think it says a lot about why we're all drawn to the Winchesters and what they have. And the last sentence: "light, home and hands" - gorgeous.
EFW chapter 8 . 7/25/2008
"You wait until you're dead and a figment of my imagination before you decide to care what I think?"

So funny - and so true to Dean.

This was a really haunting story on so many levels. The whole story of Claire and her dad, and her rape, was so tragic. And Sal was a wonderful villain that I hated throughout - I was glad to see him get his due.

The relationships between Maggie and Yeats and Maggie and Bobby were also well fleshed out, and you added a nice dimension to Bobby at the same time. And you know how much I love Abe. I hope he comes back in another story.

I know I've said this before - but I love how you find all these great spirits and demons and related supernatural stuff to include in all your stories. They're unique and entertaining and always a great read.

You did it again - great story!
EFW chapter 7 . 7/25/2008
Another brilliant chapter. It was tense, but had some great brotherly moments that were so in character.

I loved the exchange when Abe asked the boys why they didn't just quit. Sam going on about destiny, Dean saying they couldn't let the darkness win. I think that sums up Dean right there. He has this very black and white sense of right and wrong, and it's so sexy, I mean, heroic, in a tragic sort of way. His comment that he hates karma was perfect - because I think he respects karma quite a bit.

I especially like how you wrote Sam in this chapter. He was worried about Dean, tended to him, but he was also needy. Like when he wouldn't let Dean fall asleep - I love worried Sam, and you write him so well.

Which brings me to the point that you write all your characters so well. They're very well defined. You know the brothers, but you also differentiate between all your characters, so we get to know them. They aren't cookie cutter characters that all sound alike. That is a testament to the great writer that you are!

Lastly, loved the ending of this chapter. Beautifully written, tingly inducing.
EFW chapter 6 . 7/25/2008
You know I'm a tad behind schedule with this review. And yes, I like to pretend that my life has a schedule, even as it mocks me on a regular basis.

I read this a while back and had to reread it to do this review justice. I was going to say that I hope you appreciate my dilligence, but I enjoyed it so much the second time around I feel like it's me that needs to thank you.

You said at the end that you missed Dean in this chapter - but I felt him in every line. You paint such a wonderful picture of Dean, battered and limp, fighting for his life, on every character's mind, that he was never missing for me.

This chapter was so rich with action and side stories, Maggie and Bobby, Sal, Yeats - Sam needing Dean to know, it was easy to sink into it and stay a while.

LOVED the shower scene. How Sam kept saying it worked for him, how Bobby found them, the way you described Dean. Sigh. Time for a shower for me too! :-)

Lovely chapter. Thank you so much for writing!
charis-kalos chapter 8 . 7/18/2008
"The warrior that was Dean would fight to the bloody end to protect the gift that was Sam. But Sam's will was nothing to be countered. His ferocious faith in his brother rivaled many a zealot and Abe found himself pitying the forces that sought to tear these two apart."

I really, really love this story, and the image you ended on, Sam and Dean washing Dean's baby, Sam innocent and golden in the sun - it's just beautiful. And I love Abe and Maggie - Abe's wisdom and insight into the boys and Maggie's strength and courage - especially in coming to terms with her love for Bobby and doing something about it.

Anyway, thank you. This is a wonderful story.
Lilly Emerald chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
love this so far, used to be uner a different pen name goldenshadows but had to change that account to this one. like all your stories!
Lilwazzabug chapter 8 . 6/26/2008
I cannot begin to tell you how thoroughly I enjoyed this story. It had EVERYTHING a great fanfic should have. Brotherliness(a LOT, and damn am I sucker for those boys), GREAT writing, fantastic plot, vivid descriptions, EMOness(the good kind;) Hurt!/Protective!Winchesters, gore, and a fantastic baddy. You managed to totally freak me out, because Japanese horror flick spirits scare the holy hell outta me. It was something new and I loved it. The boys and Bobby were perfectly written and the additional characters were great and totally believable. And for the stunning cherry on top of an already brilliant sundae, you ended with Kansas. It was a perfect finale and I totally agree, it is SO their theme song;)
501 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »