Reviews for A Patronus for James
Oh. Sirius.
nayin chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Oh I can really see James Sirius having padfoot as his patronus lol
Very Small Prophet chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
The idea of Harry literally inheriting James’s patronus after his father’s death and Severus inheriting Lily‘s is really quite touching, though I think we’d have to see more unusual animals appearing as patroni if every witch and wizard on the entire planet has to have a unique species. Still, this story has inspired me. What follows is not criticism but rather a bit of speculation, stimulated by your interesting and thoughtful tale.

The books never actually tell us that Harry’s father has a stag patronus. A stag is his animagus form, but animagus and patronus are not necessarily the same thing. My own theory is that your animagus form represents you, while your patronus represents the source of your happiness. For thirteen-year-old Harry, the thought of being close to his parents, especially his father, is what makes him happiest, and his patronus represents that.

Harry assumes that Lily’s patronus is a doe, but he doesn’t know it for a fact. Unquestionably Snape’s doe patronus represents Lily, the one spark of joy in his otherwise miserable life, but Lily’s spark of joy isn’t necessarily herself. She might have a different patronus altogether. On the other hand, one could argue that Lily’s greatest happiness comes from being partnered with James, the stag, and the doe represents that pairing. (Hmm, does James’s patronus represent his marriage to Lily? I doubt it.)

Tonks’s patronus is (apparently; again the book is not explicit) a wolf, representing her love for Remus. I can’t imagine, however, that Remus himself has a wolf patronus. Being a werewolf doesn’t make him happy; he hates it. I have two theories on that. The first is that Remus, as a Dark creature, cannot conjure a corporeal patronus, though he can produce un-formed patronus material that’s strong enough to repel a dementor. My other thought is a bit more radical: Remus’s patronus is a human being, an innocent little boy of about four or five. Just as the thought of his father makes orphaned Harry happy, and the thought of his beloved makes lonely Severus happy, so the thought of being human makes poor cursed Remus happy.

Lots of fans write entertaining stories, but not everyone can write a story that’s thought-provoking. Good job. I’m impressed.
Tenshi Chupip chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
So cute! LoL look out Ginny and Harry, Padfoot is back
brilliant incandescence chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
I can totally imagine James having Padfoot as his patronus. Great idea.
pinklatent chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
Aw, James had Padfoot! Imagine that.

Beatha chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Awww *melts* that was really great!
TheWeaselette chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I love this! )

anonymous23.19 chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
I know it's supposed to be happy, but it made me almost cry.

Lol, great story (Y)
MaliaFragile Words from HPFF chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Wow, this was kinda cool :]

I want to think that James' patronus was a dog like Sirius' animagi-like thing! I like the fact that he comes back to 'protect' James(II) like Harry's dad did :]
Kylani chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
Of course he'd have Padfoot! No one could possibly think there'd be any other patronus for James. :)
aca-avenger chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
awe (:

so cute

thanks for the amazing read
Unknown chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
This was really good! I was curios as to what his patronus would be. I geuss I should have known it would be Sirius'! Nice connection with his name.
serindraxx chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
lol i loved it! it was the best one from the New Generation that ive read. keep it up!

CowahBull chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
O_O THAT WAS SO GOOD! I love it! Yay for Sirius!