Reviews for Solitude
pyroguardian-of-thewhiteflame chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
...Wow this was 1 of the 2 only fics out of about 55 others that have made me forget about everything else just because it seemed like a truly perfect the other was about 60 or more chapters and it only gave me that truly perfect feeling after half of the for this amazing fic.8)
Rachel McN chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Oh, god, I'm sobbing! What a beautiful heartwrenching work. The emotions you summon forth are so real and deep, definitely a masterpiece if ever I saw one!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Awesome
Omen94 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Amazing! This story was absolute amazing!

I dont understand how you wrote this amzing story, but I am glad you did.

Keep up with the good work.
Jellyspoons chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
How do I say this...I love it. This...THIS is amazing. Its deep and full of sorrow...Oh my god...I can't put it into words...Mew has all those mates but they all fade and pass away. And that one line "dragons cannot cry?" Amazing. I nearly cried which is impressive out of me. I'm never very emotional but this is...flawless...I couldn't write this better in any other way. I take my hate off to you.

Jellyspoons/Miki-chan
TheWritingMustache chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Hi there. Been reading your this fic here. Enjoyed, I did. The wars of Deoxys and Mew. How sad, that you let them die like that. I, on the other hand, have my own beliefs of how they died out. How many species died out. Somethine existed before the present day Pokemon right? So sad that Mew was born to be savior, and mot much else. And it sounds like Arceus is pretty nice. Oh where did my logic go! Where are the days when I revered them as gods, instead of jackasses. But thats me. You, on the other hand, are a very good writer, and are a great person. I've been dreaming up a Anomaly Tribute story. Maybe I'll acually make one (or start/continue a story this summer. It's an idea!
Caldazar Atreides chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Simply awesome. Well, no, perhaps not simply. Incredibly awesome! A great story, well written, and the way you describe the characters just captivates me. I couldn't pull my eyes from the screen!

I like your format, how you don't separate the chapters like other authors normally do. It adds a continuous feel to the story, one that I think suits it.
Shattered Silence chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
O.O Wow, this is soo sad. Yet, at the same time, it is soo good.

*sighs* I'm truly speechless at this fic, so I'll be brief. Stunningly written, heartbreakingly sad, just ... wow.

I don't know what else to say...
Buwaro chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
Well, I suppose it's fitting that a late Christmas present gets an ungodly late review, which is a rather ironic choice of words considering the almost biblical style of writing here.

I suppose this is one of the few stories, ever, where such a thing is appropriate. Especially as it is done well.

I am rather fond of how Lunaris' section started with this almost whimsical start, full of kiddish innocence that Mew herself seems to channel most of the time. It was a rather nice touch, one that made the sudden switch to the rather mature standpoint of the war all that much more emotional. Hell, I know for a fact that I couldn't write this scene anywhere near as good as you did, there is no chance that I could come anywhere close. And I don't care if you think I'm being overly flattering, I mean every damn word.

Even the side characters such as Alpha Fahnger were real enough, at least to me, enough that I can admit to getting a little teary when he did die (which is as close to a proper emotional reaction you can get out of me)

And even that was not nearly as touching as the lines "For dragons cannot cry"

And then the cursed disease responcable for Mew's lost race... and, again, it held depth and emotion that I know for a fact I could not have pulled off myself. Ever. That sense of hopelessness that was brought on... which was remedied with Arceus' grand arrival.

And, let me tell you, if there was ever a Pokemon God that I could respect, it would be this guy. Doesn't help with the "destiny is pre-ordained" line, a rather fitting choice of words considering Mew's little wisecracks about being 'Destiny'

And, after Mew himself showed up, we got to see another little unique touch, Akiko's facination with Humanity, one that Mewtwo seems to have 'inherited' And, even before he died, there was that sense of brotherhood between the two, that closeness that makes Mew's plight that much harder to bear.

...I hate to admit it, but you made a tear run down my cheek at that moment. If/when Aeris finds out, my reputation is dead, but I have to say it. That punch, despite the fact I saw it coming, I knew it was there, it still hurt. And yet I couldn't stop reading, and not because it was the ANI's Mew, but because, damnit, I had to see what... how Mew would handle it.

And the tears never stopped. From Mew's Pokemon relationships, to even his decidedly well writen romance with Abigail... it still felt real, it still had that emotional punch to it. I had never felt sorry for a fictional character before, never, and somehow you managed to make me feel sorry for Mew.

Which is why, even though his 'cheerfulness' is still a facade, when Eve and Mewtwo come back into it, it's actually a rather happy ending. He's not alone.

Although, and I have to be bitchy for a moment, I do wonder why Anti didn't break down like Mew did. He would have those same memories. Plus the fact the other legendaries never showed up during the war, which strikes me as a little weird, but that's okay, gives me something to play with. Gives me something to try, to attempt to get even close to this.

I'll probably fail dismally, but, Arceusdamnit, I'm going to try anyway, you've created a clear world, it seems wrong to just let it end with one story, no matter how brilliant said story is.

And, I suppose, that's the biggest praise I can ever come up with.

You took a stupid idea I bounced off Aeris, you turned it into a real world.

...Bloody hell, this is a long review, and I'm supposed to be working... Just as well I've got nothing left to say, or I'd be here all night and Aeris'd get pissy with me.

So I'd better go get something done, if I can write silly after this.

-Buwaro
Katar Jin chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
My brothers wonder why I read Pokemon fan fiction. I will just show them this story and say thats why. This is one of the best stories I have ever read on this site.
draconic skysong chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
Wow, that is very deep and very emotional. I don't know what to say except that this story had me in tears. I hope you write something about the gender bending kitten again sometime.
Tomoyo Kinomoto chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Aw! *wipes eyes* I'm dead serious, I actually did cry at the end of this chapter! *laugh* It made me sneeze! I've never cried before at the end of a fanfic... Feel proud, WiseAbsol, for you are the ... *thinking* third out of over 10,0 other readings that have made me cry. *lopsided grin* *shakes head in amazement* I don't know how you do it, and love it!
Dark Magician Girl Aeris chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
FIRST REVIEW!

Well, as I said before... not only is this an incredibly deep piece, and not only have you done the characters justice, but you've managed to bring to life issues that had to be hard because we simply haven't written them out yet. You hit the war concept head on and wrote something for us to go by that we can actually use- which is good, as none of us would have ever thought it out quite so well. It's not easy writing along someone else's lines, especially when you have so little to go by... but you've done it. And you've done an amazing job.

Honestly, this piece brought me to tears. I sat through most of it trying not to cry, and then you threw a curve ball with Akiko's burial and the dam broke. I cried about as bad as I do with my own writing... and that's pretty rare. I absolutely adore what you've done, and any time you want to help out the ANI again you're welcome to it. Is it okay if this goes up when we get the new site?

Thank you again, my friend.

Aeris