Reviews for Leah And The Remnant
abbyweyr chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
This ending I think fits. The situation for Leah and Tommy is sad and through no fault of theirs. Leah showing some compassion is a measure of growth for her. Tommy going to Denali makes sense, might be a bit painful for the sisters as a reminder of their mother. There is no age indicated, so hopefully not too young and can learn restraint.
qhrciskrpc chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
ending seems incomplete. one more sceene. " #$% you Sam" or Leah in deneali in ten years remenising with tommy.

good story. this Leah is closer to cannon characterisation than most.
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Yeah, that would be too depressing. This works better! :-P
Crismebella chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
I liked this story. and the ending was just fine. In fact I like ending that end on a upnote. I don't understand why some think that it must be sad to be more real.
bookfan100 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Yes, it did not follow canon on vampire rules and reactions to immortal children, and by canon the Denali coven should have been first in line to destroy him rather than adopt him – but it was well-written, engrossing, and showed off Leah’s character in a very canon way.

The soft spot Leah has in her heart for children was realistically described as she warred with her instincts. It was good to see Leah’s compassionate human side - this story develops her character without watering down her toughness or bitterness.

“The conversation was bringing a whole new level of weirdness to her life.” Her tough love position on drinking animal blood showed her as very much the responsible big sister. And it meshed well with the ending – Leah reflecting on making independent decisions and feeling hope. The ending of the story was satisfying without being sappy - it feels like Leah may eventually have the happy ending she deserves.

From a logical point of view, Leah should have known a mile away that this kid was a vampire, between the blood on his clothes and his own scent. It also would have been very difficult for her to pin him on the ground using only her weight, given vampire strength. Since she was a wolf, she would not have been able to use any wrestling holds. Regardless – this is an enjoyable read.

I do hope Tommy picked his finger back up later on.
centuryshorty chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
amazing job, love tommy, such a cute vampire kid, great job
sailor alpha tomboy chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
please contnue
no ono chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
happy and sad at the same time!
Reiven chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
It's no secret that I'm a total sucker for happy endings, so this one was just right up my alley. I got about halfway through the story and ended up reading it with my hands poised to cover my eyes if the inevitable would have happened (being the ending you'd originally planned), for reasons that Alice had mentioned. But I was happy to discover that my fear was unfound. So thank you for that and thank you for another fantastic story.

I'd mentioned Leah in my other review before I'd even known that you had a Leah story (or two) and I have to say that it was a pleasant surprise. My day has been made and doubly enjoyable right now.
sammiepie chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
aww that was cute

i'm glad u didn't kill tommy that is too depressing :P
Ava Sinclair chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
I so love this. I am extremely glad I didn't come across and read it before I wrote A Day Without Rain, however...I would have been entirely intimidated. The dynamic that you captured so well between Tommy and Leah, and the revelation of the compassionate side of Leah's nature, was something I was going for between Leah and Ren (and I don't think I quite achieved it.) Anyway, this chapter was everything I wanted to read in a Leah one shot...addressing her hurt and isolation and stil revealing her inner strength and heart. I really want more Leah fics from you!
LovesTheHeat chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
so she went with the cullen? interesting thought...

i liked it. i'm glad leah didn't kill the boy though. she still has a heart and you showed that. (:

it was very nice. i like you're style of writing. it's very clean and straight forward, yet you have enough details that it was very independant on the reader. does that make sense?

i really enjoyed it.

LBD
BubblesPopElectric chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
i really liked the ending. D but i cant really say since i didnt read the other ending. i would have liked this one better though since i dont like sad endings.

but this was an awesome plot idea. i know i loved it!

oodles of love,

Crzy1
secondhandsmile chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
This was such an interesting story idea, I really enjoyed it. I think it seems like something Leah would actually do, too. She strikes me as the one with the least ties to the werewolf "way of life" or whatever you want to call it, given the Sam-Emily situation and her father being gone and all that, the one with the fewest reasons to care about pack rules other than because she has to, so I could see her not totally upholding the whole "werewolves rule, vampires drool" thing they've got going on.

The ending has me intrigued, too. I wonder how the other werewolves would react. Their aversion to the Cullens is interesting. It's obvious why Jake doesn't like them, and I guess Leah, too, along with her dislike of Bella, and though they were willing to work with them, I'm sure they still had that constant "but they're vampires..." running through their minds. But it's interesting... the werewolves probably think they're better because they're "protectors;" good and always have been. In a way, they're just following their nature. But the Cullens had to fight against their nature to be good like they are. Meh. Just thinking out loud here.

Anyway, good story. You write very well, plus, it was about Leah, which means it gets 20 bonus automatic cool points.
Dreams Shape the World chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
That was very well written...particularly about the whole temporary vampire-werewolf truce. I believe the plot was incredibly interesting as well. Good job.