Reviews for Honour Among Death Eaters
babananagurl chapter 67 . 8/9
This last chapter crushed me. Uhhh. So painful and still so beautiful. You are truly gifted.
Myrrat-Sade chapter 67 . 5/24
What an achievement!

I didn't realize until about halfway through that this was, essentially, canon-compliant. Once I realized that, I read with increasing dread, as - of course - I knew where it was going. A slow car crash.

Your Snape is beautifully wrought. Your Lily is believable. Your Dumbledore is the chilling bastard we suspect him of being.

My only quibble is the idea that Lucius could have gone the next 16 years aware of Severus' disingenuity and never told. Even with the favor Severus did for him. I see Lucius as the worst kind of snake; I just can't see him genuinely keeping that secret. But you've given him a plausible out.

Amazing work!
SwishAndFlick24 chapter 21 . 5/17
I can't help but wonder, what if Severus did decide to leave Britain and make a life for himself somewhere else? Such as the New York example you used.

Instead of spending 17 years brooding over a lost love and seeking penance for his sins, what if he was never in a position to commit those sins in the first place. Away from the war, away from Lily. He may even have found someone else to love.

Just seems like an extremely interesting concept to me. Maybe because his character is so completely defined by the mistakes of him and the people around him, if he never had a chance make those mistakes he would be a completely different person.

Hell, maybe even you could write something like that, since I can see you have a very firm grasp on Severus' character and motivations based on the two stories that I've seen from you. But, I would think that two exemplary 100,000 word Severus/Lily epics would be enough, lol.
fire90 chapter 67 . 1/25
Very good story :) Even If I hadn't seen that finale coming xD

Good work :)
Stephair chapter 67 . 1/7
This story my head canon.

Poignant and powerful.
Lola chapter 67 . 2/17/2015
You are satan, I have decided. A packet of tissues was not enough for all the grief I went through reading the last few chapters. All this time I was actually hoping you would change IT, so it wouldn't be canon. My god, what have you done.
The Emerald Doe chapter 67 . 1/17/2015
I just finished reading this wonderful story and I'm shocked. I never thought I could like a story about Lily and Severus in which they do not end up together. This gives another perspective to the little we know about the Potters and what was given to us in The Princes's Tale. The main Death Eaters involved (Severus, Regulus, Lucius) did show some sort of honor. I liked your characterization of the main characters. I'm glad Severus didn't immediately accept a friendship with Lily so easily. His thoughts, actions, and feelings were very believable. Additionally Regulus's arc was touching. His struggle and reluctance was evident. Lastly, the end was heart wrenching. I was emotionally affected by many parts of this story. Your fanfic has given a lot more perspective to Severus's actions in the books. I'm glad to have discovered this wonderful piece of writing and I look forward to reading more of your work!
The Emerald Doe chapter 33 . 1/17/2015
I'm sniveling and bawling after reading this chapter. I can't believe how well you express their emotions in this chapter
LoveSpock chapter 67 . 1/11/2015
Excellent story. Well-written. Powerful and emotional.

Thank you for posting.

Favorite story.
coccinellee chapter 67 . 4/25/2014
Aww it was so heartbreaking! I love how they had a last meeting just before she died. I was hoping so hard for that when I read that they were both in Hogwarts. I love that he finally get to tell her that he loved her, even though she knew. It's so sad. Sigh.

I love that story! I love your other story more but I still really enjoyed that one. I'm not totally on board with it being what really happened to them but I loved that it was canon compliant.

I don't really understand what happened with Regulus though. Where did they find him/his body? I also like that you made Regulus and Severus best friends. Often, Severus is portrayed as never having any other friend than Lily and that's a little depressing even though it might be true...
enma ai chapter 67 . 3/24/2014
T_T the most wonderful fic i ever read!
Guest chapter 65 . 3/17/2014
this is the most beautiful chapter on whole of fanfiction (in my humble opinion) - just lovely - hope you update your other "cheerier" story soon!
Saint Snape chapter 67 . 2/16/2014
You did such a good job keeping everyone in character. For some reason I thought until about half way done you would somehow let Lily survive to be with Severus. Really good story kept in the context of canon but you ripped my heart out.
The Harper chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
This is one of my favourite fics. The character of Regulus is particularly enjoyable to read. And your take on all their stories is interesting. Thank you!
mjuliette8 chapter 67 . 7/29/2013
So I'm Marissa (the last girl who just commented) and I cannot tell you how obsessed I am with this story! I made a list of songs that go well with your story and I hope you listen to them :)

Severus and Lily:

1. Warrior by Demi Lovato
2. Strip Me by Natasha Bedingfield
3. Wild Horses by Natasha Bedingfield

The Story in general:
1. Time by Hans Zimmer (from the Inception soundtrack)
2. Lead the Fight On (Acoustic) by He is We
3. The Lightning Strike by Snow Patrol

I hope you can listen to them all! Thanks again for such an amazing story. You truly are a gifted writer :)