Reviews for Honour Among Death Eaters
Guest chapter 3 . 7/25/2013
lovely lovely story. I am probably your biggest fan. Hope you will continue your other story!
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 67 . 6/6/2013
Wow, the end. It seems even more sad than when we read the same point in canon. This was a long story but I think you filled in the backstory admirably well. You have also left me thoroughly depressed. You do exceedingly well at portraying Severus' total disillusionment with the world and lack of hope and I hated that sickening feeling when James and Lily refused to take Dumbledore as their secret keeper and Severus was pleading with Lily for her to do so. It was awful. The feeling I mean, not your writing! Your story is excellent and you should be really proud of your epic work and how dreadfully hopeless and depressed you can make your poor readers feel :-P
QueenRayya chapter 67 . 6/6/2013
I came across this fanfiction when I was still new. I followed it through 20 chapters before I sort of fell out of love with fanfiction in general. Years later, I am finally finishing it. I just want to thank you for all the justice you have done to my favorite characters. Once again, I lived and died with them.

Wonderful story! Sorry it took me this l
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 33 . 6/5/2013
God that chapter was crippling. I thought things couldn't get any more agonising and then... then they did. I just want to cry now!
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 27 . 6/5/2013
Oh NO! I really thought they would somehow find a way out! This is terrible, I feel so sad for both Severus and Lily. This is worse than tragic... It's agonising! I loved how Severus had gradually warmed up to Lily and admitted to himself how he felt for her, and it was so exhilarating how close to the edge he was treading. I thought maybe he and Regulus would be able to come up with a plan for how to get out... And why couldn't Lily have an abortion and save her relationship with Severus? Oh this is all too upsetting. Broken hearts all round :-( But despite inflicting misery you do do so in a very eloquent and moving way, so well done in that regard ;-)
Captain Evermind chapter 67 . 6/3/2013
Oh wow... This is lovely. Just lovely. Such perfect characterisations, such wonderfully drawn humanity and pain. Your focus on 'honour' is excellent. I think the touch I loved most was having Severus exonerate Lucius - the "I don't even get to save one of them?" You have excellently depicted the way in which the war changes each character, and the relationships between them. Very powerful work. Thank you.
NessL chapter 57 . 4/24/2013
I've already rewieved this story many times, but it's so exceptional than I'm doing it again. This is really an incredible piece of work. Thanks again.
Now, i'm waiting impatiently for a better ending because this one is really depressing (like in the original books).
Wouldn't it be time to uptdate "The Long Road Home" ?
Guest chapter 3 . 4/16/2013
my most favorite story ever. treating myself by reading it again!
The Harper chapter 24 . 2/5/2013
Very enjoyable story so far. Especially like Regulus and Severus's friendship.
kittysparkleeyes chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
I really enjoyed this! Snape has always been my favourite HP character and I love well written, canon compliant fan fics. I know some see the compliance of the piece as a negative point, but I feel this is necessary for it to enhance my enjoyment that it runs in keeping with the HP universe. Whilst I love the Lily/Sev relationship, I can only see Lily ending up with James, and I guess my love of Severus is that he is so tragic. I love how you kept him in character and did not try to turn him into some romantic gothic hero- some fan fiction writers get the characterization very wrong. You keep him bitter, sarky and cynical- just how he should be. I also liked your Lily, who is feisty and 3 dimensional- unlike a lot of the overly saintly or conversely obnoxious and manipulative depictions that are made of this Character. It makes perfect sense to me that they were involved at one point, because Severus devoted his life to her, and I find it improbable there was nothing romantic was reciprocated.
dxgevo chapter 67 . 10/21/2012
Such an amazing thing you've turned the story background into. I absolutely loved it. I'd say my favourite chapter was the last. Very nice in Snape's distracting thoughts. I would definitely read this a many more time.
Luna LeBleu chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I love this story, it made me cry at the end and it is the best fanfiction I have ever read. I still think about it even after months and months have gone by since reading it and sometimes I have trouble remembering that it isn't canon. You have a gift.
totalreadr at yahoo chapter 51 . 5/28/2012
"I can't believe you're trying to justify this!" she voiced her disbelief.

Oh, I so wish I'd understood this line back when I first read it; wish I'd learned from this that millennials have this thing about "trying to justify" things. But well...from a gen X perspective, trying to explain your own POV is so *not* about "trying to justify" something. It's just not; such an accusation comes completely out of left field and is entirely incomprehensible.

Gen Xers aren't likely to answer such an accusation with, "I know, I can't justify it"; we're much more likely to say, "What on earth are you talking about?" or to use this specific example, "Were you even listening? I just said I *had no clue* how he was going to interpret it, and you're accusing me of somehow 'trying to justify' - what? Having supposedly *deliberately* sent him after Harry when I just told you I did *not*? What are you even saying I'm 'trying to justify'?"

I can totally understand Lily feeling she can never forgive Snape for this; feeling the differences between them have been illuminated by this; he did his duty as a DE and doomed her son. *Those* parts I can totally understand. The cultural difference here is really only in the area of the millennial focus on whether someone's somehow "trying to justify" something. That is just not something other generations tend to worry about.
totalreadr at yahoo chapter 28 . 5/28/2012
"You've had years of chances with me," she went on, her voice hard, "You have no right to be angry with me just because you waited too long to take one."

This is an interesting claim but I gotta say, the last time he had an actual chance with her they were like 15. And sure, some 15yos consider themselves ready to date...and others do not. Little silly of her to blame him for having decided he wasn't yet ready to date at 15.

Then at 16, they had a fight - several fights - that were the result of both his *and her* bad behavior. As a result they were barely speaking and needed to make up. And just when they're finally getting close again, she takes up with, not "some other guy" in general (which hey, painful for him but not a wrong on her part)...but rather *the guy who made his life miserable for years*? Yeah, I'd say he has a right to be angry.

But even if it was just "some other guy" she'd taken up with, the problem would not be that Snape somehow "chose not to take his chance with her." The problem would be that by the time he felt old enough to date, she'd already taken up with someone else. Not Lily's fault...but not his fault either.

Also, what Anesther said. If Lily knew he fancied her, and if she was interested in him as well, why didn't she go to him? Since she didn't, she has no right to complain that he didn't either.
totalreadr at yahoo chapter 27 . 5/28/2012
Yours is the first I ever saw of what has turned into a large number of stories in which a woman chooses who to try to build an LTR with based on who is the genetic father of her pregnancy.

And all I can say is that this is in the main a millennial generation my generation X eyes it seems very, very, VERY weird.

I mean...looking back, I can see in the past the seeds of the new cultural practice. I can see where it comes from. But well...

I'm just an old relic, out of touch with the times, living in the past. This is a cultural practice that I can understand intellectually, but not in my gut. Because's not my culture.

In any event, I'm glad that my first introduction to this new cultural idea was through your complex and subtle story. (Especially since you made the pregnancy just a symbol rather the actual reason, as more recent stories have done.)
455 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »