Reviews for Feeding the Fire
Secretsofthedarkness chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
I actually really liked this. It went with the scene very well.
Winnywriter chapter 2 . 2/29/2008
Incredible. Extremely moving. No other words are needed here. It was absolute perfection.

I do know what you mean by people not understanding ST because they're getting it out of context. It can be annoying.

Btw, what video did you watch? I'm all for tear-inducing Sweeney Todd vids!
rileyluvr13 chapter 2 . 2/6/2008
Wow. Just WOW. This is seriously amazing! The emotion is so vivid in both chapters. Mrs. Lovett is conveyed beautifully in the first chapter; the way you captured her just amazed me. The second chapter was beautiful too, I loved how there was no dialogue included. It made the one-shot so much stronger. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! And oh yeah, DEFINITELY write about Toby, please? :)
QueenBrooke chapter 2 . 2/4/2008
This (both ch's) is absolutely beautiful. You obviously have a lot of talent, which I sincerely hope you're going to develop. Your recounting of both of these events is so true, and in my opinion exactly what the movie was about. Which brings me to your rant...

I don't think the movie is ahead of its time, but I have also seen people react that way, even people I went to see it with :( I think it's partly just the way our society is going, which is tragic, but at the same time, as long as there are people in the world who can see the beauty and love in a woman burning, then our society isn't completely hopeless.

That was a ridiculously long review, but if you need to rant more, go ahead, I'm very up for listening (and have cried every time I saw this movie :) Congrats on the story!
anbumoo chapter 2 . 2/4/2008
This was beautiful. The part about being betrayed made me cry; it's so sad that Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett had to be broken apart that way. Before the ending of the movie I had actually had a tiny hope that they might have had a happy ending.

Tiny meaning... well... almost nonexistent, but hey. :D

Anyway, your story is wonderful. I think you captured the feelings of both Todd and Lovett wonderfully (I didn't think Mrs. Lovett was so absorbed in Sweeney that she didn't notice the fire. I like the idea that she was ignoring it and didn't want to believe it; that seems like something she would do.)

Also, I agree with your view about the video (although I have no idea which one you're talking about. :D), and your inspiration came from a great place! XD

Truthfully, I'd love to see you write about Toby's ending. I wanna see where you'd go with that. XD

Anyway, good job! I didn't mean for this comment to be so long, ahahha. :D
Ginger Glinda the Tangerine chapter 2 . 2/3/2008
Well, I'm sure I loved it, sweetie! This was so amazing, your imagery and vocabulary are incredible. You made what is basically a crazy man killing people heartfelt and poetic, and although I do "get" Sweeney more than those people who went, "why is she in the fire?" this made it seem all the more beautiful and haunting.

You should definitely write more, love!
smashing chapter 2 . 2/3/2008
If you wanted to write something with meaning, you succeeded one hundred percent. This was just as excellent as the last chapter, and just as achingly, lingeringly sad. Your story evokes emotion as strongly as the original production.

None of my friends really "get" Sweeney Todd either. You can't let it worry you; different people just find meaning in different things. That's why I like this website so much: I know everyone on here *felt* the play/movie in the same way I did.

Anyway, you're an awesome writer. I can't wait to read more from you.

"I also have a desire to write about Toby's ending, however I don't know if I should. Maybe?"

Yes, KayTay, yes, KayTay, yes all around :)
the house of the rising sun chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
OMFG

a) This story is wonderful, beautiful, brilliant and AWESOME

b) if you don't write more, I will cry. a lot.

c) wherever you are, if you don't write more, you will see an ocean coming at you. This is not global warming. this is my tears. - okay, i'm joiking there, but seriously, this is really great stuff. Maybe you should try doing it for other moments in the story? I don't know if that would help you add other chapters or not...

But whatever.

WRITE. MORE. PLEASE.

/indiana13/
Lady Charity chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
This was an amazing story. Your description and writing style is very wonderful. I can't quote my favorite parts because there's too many of them. I love your imagery! Your vocabulary is also very vivid, which sparks my interest in the story even more. I like how she can hear Mr. Todd outside the oven and find some comfort in it, even if it weren't towards her. I also thought it was dark and wonderful how you wrote that Mrs. Lovett couldn't believe anything, but Mr. Todd forced her to. Hope to read more from you!
Winnywriter chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
O_O Wow. That was a very impressive version from 's point of view. Very very well-done indeed!

It still makes me sad!
niki-chan2 chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
This is wonderful. I've read a lot of Lovett-burnings and this is definitely one of the best. The last line is so haunting "And whatever was left of her heart collapsed, leaving her body to follow." Great job!
Ginger Glinda the Tangerine chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
Oh, goodness. My, this was good indeed.

You've really got into poor Mrs Lovett's head, the language you used was so amazing... I loved this, every bit.
smashing chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
I thought the whole thing was great! And yes, there are already a lot of these, which just makes it even more impressive that you still managed to add something new. Your writing style is absolutely beautiful. I especially liked your description of Sweeney's reaction- most people just write him as angry, but I like how you conveyed the hurt and betrayal as well. The "You lied to me..." line becomes that much more heartbreaking.

Your ending was also completely different form any of the other Lovett-final-thoughts fics I've read. I was amazed that even after he deceived her, even after he *murdered* her, she mourns his death... so, so tragic. Just perfect.
ForeverACharmedOne chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
Well, I happen to think your addition to the Lovett-flame pile is great. The ending came out good, but I think overall the whole thing did.

-Forever-