Reviews for Harry Potter and the Defiance of the Hero
Tr0g chapter 30 . 2/8/2014
Wow. Well that was suitably epic. I must admit that I never saw even half of this story coming. I enjoyed the various nods to King, and the OCs in this story were just as good as the ones in part one.
Having made it this far, I'm curious to see where the author goes with the final installment of the tale.
Jack of Spades29 chapter 23 . 9/4/2013
This series is intensely reminding me of The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I would bet a lot that joe6991 has read it. Magnificent desolation is the mood I'm getting here.
Guest chapter 24 . 8/19/2013
The only issue i have with this is what happened to the watch Hermione gave Harry for his birthday. with that woldn't he be able to tell the state they are in. other than that this series is absolutely brilliant up to this point. keep up the good work.
blaukeibou chapter 23 . 7/9/2013
I don't quite understand why harry couldn't pull his Firebolt out of the trunk that he has... It seems to me that the only reason given for not flying was because of his loss of his griffin form.
mohahassan3 chapter 7 . 6/15/2013
What about the chamber of secrets and his dream about the snake can Harry control it since he can talk to snakes
ThrashtillDeath chapter 30 . 5/26/2013
Fucking hell mate. Just... My God.

This has gone beyond fanfiction. Beyond Harry Potter. This has transcended.
Liv chapter 15 . 4/22/2013
Mm-hm. It's getting super epic here. I love this trilogy to bits, I've read it before, actually, but these bits like in the end of this chapter still massively freak me out. In a super good way. I don't understand why in heck this hasn't gotten more reviews! It's one of the best HP fic series around, as well as your Wastelands series- or maybe I just love fanfics with BAMF!Harry and crazy mindf**k circumstances like this one...
Keep writing fanfics, you are THE best author on - out of the ones whose works I've read, anyhow :)
ASocks chapter 2 . 4/6/2013
Aww, he has to wait a year? I hoped he would travel endlessly between parallel universes. :) Oh well, still lots to go, I feel lucky
Iamcarollee chapter 30 . 3/21/2013
Amazing.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/10/2013
this is retarded y is he going to school he's in another freakin universe. He could just show dumbledore how powerful he is and how much he has trained instead of farting around pretending to be a school boy
Guest chapter 30 . 11/1/2012
Finally finished this beast. Thinking back, the long journey of reading this mirroring Harry's adventure is what makes it great. Since we spend a long time with Harry on a long quest, it bonds us closer than any character before. It's amazing to think about everywhere Harry has been. I remember his fight on Azkaban which seems so old and trivial by this point.

The trillions upon trillions is a bit much since, even in the massive scope of the story you are trying to convey. Maybe its the word.

"His first thought was that Hermione would love to be here, his second was that he hoped she never was - not if she had to follow the same road he had to get here."

An alternate story featuring a sort of dark Hermione was interesting to think about if she was in Harry's place.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 26 . 10/30/2012
"It certainly did seem, at most times, that existence was doing its best to ensure he was ground down into dust." existence: read as AUTHOR

Still, story is pretty incredible when not being horrendously overdramatic.

I think the "Lost verse of the Darkslayer prophecy" was unnecessary. Personally, I hate prophecies. They are too much of a dues ex machinae. The only time they are good is when they employ a clever little twist, but even that is cliche. People like having control or imagining it anyway. Harry's already got a prophecy or two, but to revisit it was distasteful.

Deep down in his mind, he knew Allarius would never lie? That's crap. He's evil, of course he lies. He lied already saying Tashiama or whatever begged to serve.

Harry's line was pretty decent.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 23 . 10/27/2012
Seriously, what is the point of a guardian if all they do is let things go to hell? They never seem to do anything right. This happens in every story anywhere that involves them.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 22 . 10/27/2012
You know, I've wondered. Each time someone brings up that Harry has gone dark or is doing it wrong or he is becoming what he fights, I want him to say, "How would you do it then?" I know the point you try to make with that but He seems to be doing things the only way possible. Therefore, that should give him a measure of comfort with what happens.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 21 . 10/27/2012
Epic...

Slightly anti climatic when fighting Vold and Ethan but still fine. Simple quick fights are what would really happen. I feel tired just reading about how much and how hard Harry has journeyed and still has to go.
198 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »