Reviews for Bow and Arrow
musical-penguins chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
I love this fic. It is wonderfully written.
Fra ITA chapter 5 . 7/26/2010
Leaving a comment on this story was one of the two reasons I decided to sign in and join .

This story of yours is probably the most wonderful thing I have read about Robin and Marian. I loved it. I love it. It is amazing. Dialogue, descripton, insights into the their minds, their feelings, their fears, their desires, this is all well balanced and I absolutely could not stop reading.

Thank you for giving this to us. I am sad it ended.

You truly are an amazing writer.

Please, write more about Robin and Marian, I would be the first to read it.

Luna12 chapter 5 . 3/4/2010
Wonderfully realistic. As someone recently married who had waited until her wedding night, I could very well relate to Marian's feelings and reactions. It's very natural to tense up and deny yourself, especially as a virgin. Robin's behavior was also perfectly in-character and realistic. It also ties in with Marian's line at the end of season 2, asking Robin to finally make her "an honest woman", implying they had been together this way.
Luna12 chapter 2 . 3/4/2010
I loved that comforting moment between them, with Marian truly able to be a support to him. Very touching. As usual, you write with a great balance of descriptions and dialogue. The dialogue comes across as natural and the descriptions are just perfect. Looking forward to more.
be93 chapter 5 . 2/9/2009
This really was an amazing story.

It was a very original and clever idea to set the chapters like you did, and the whole imagery of the bow was very clever and i loved the way you showed both marian and Robin's vulnerable sides, as its something that i think gets lost often.

It is also one of the best written fics i have read so far and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

I hadn't thought about Robin's parents death so much before and the huge impact it must have had on him and its also something that i think alot of people foget or simply cover up with chessiness or fluff.

You brought all the characters to life, even thise like Will and Much who were only in it for a small amount of time.

I really enjoyed this so much, so thank you.

be93 xx
VintageLyre chapter 5 . 8/14/2008
I loved your story, it was lovely. I especially enjoyed the bits where they were both children, so young and carefree. It was very cute. This is definitely a favorite Robin Hood story of mine. Fabulous work.
Biancaneve chapter 5 . 8/11/2008
“Fine,” she said. “You will run out of arrows, Robin of Locksley, and when you do I will still be standing here asking the same question.”

I love your feisty Marian. She kicks butt. And as for Robin:

"Did she know that he genuinely had not slept a peaceful night during the entire time she had been in the castle? Did she understand that every time the horrors of war became too much, or the burden of being Robin Hood became too overwhelming it was her face that kept him from madness? Did she understand his torment as his conscience fought between his respect for her and the passions within him?"

*sigh* In both your stories you've done such a great job of letting Robin express things that sadly he never got a chance to say on the show. I love it.

Other random favourite line: "the part of her that united them with this place." That made me shudder. Brilliant!

Looking forward to the next "big fic." :D
Biancaneve chapter 4 . 8/11/2008
"But I did not respect her, nor had I earned her respect.” Love it - the clear implication being that now he does and has. I really like the way this matches up with Marian's thoughts a bit later about them becoming true partners since she's been in the forest.

I giggled at Robin's "you need to go away now" look, and the fact that Will was one step ahead of him...

*on to chapter four...*
Biancaneve chapter 3 . 8/11/2008
Ahah... and the bookkeeping joke in "Home" has a whole lot more meaning now. Clever of you to work that into that fic, to show how far he's come, from being unable to accept help in this scene, to admitting that he couldn't manage as Lord of Locksley without Marian.

Love what you're doing here, giving the bow-and-arrow proposal more context. Even at this young age, you've really nailed the couple's voices. Much was awesome in this chapter, too - already fretting over Robin, and already realising that Marian's a very good ally when it comes to keeping him in line.
Odessite chapter 5 . 8/11/2008
Mwah! Bravissimo!
Glorious Clio chapter 5 . 4/27/2008
*melt*

That was brilliant and stupendous and perfectly in character. I am in awe of your talents. Honestly the best RM smut I have ever read. Excellent buildup and the "release" was all that I wanted it to be and more. Congratulations, and more importantly, thank you.
Jenwryn chapter 5 . 3/25/2008
Hey, I really liked this! I'd never really thought of writing vignettes like this - it's very cleverly done and really captures the imagination with all the different periods of time, making the story line flow nicely. The reader never feels like there are any quantum leaps made, it all meshes. I thought you caught Marian particularly well. And the little piece at the end is particularly sweet, him forgetting his bow! Well done and thanks for pointing your story out to me. Hugs, Jen.
VeiledShadow chapter 5 . 3/24/2008
Hey, this is hiddenspirit ] and oh this was wonderful!

I love your characterisation and how you've caught the relationship between Robin and Marian perfectly.

This is definitely being added to my favourites ]

Thank you for writing such a great story ]
LadyElsii chapter 5 . 3/6/2008
now that was great!
Mizco chapter 5 . 2/25/2008
Robin forgot his bow!

This was a really great story. I think it very believably ties into the show. You stayed very true to the characters.

It breaks my heart to think of the third season. How can there be a Robin Hood without his Marian. What was BBC thinking? They should hire some of us on. We'd take care of things.