Reviews for Fox in the Henhouse
Jenni chapter 1 . 11/26/2015
Loved your fic :D
SplendentGoddess chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Good point! I really liked this. You bring up a very valid point in that the canon never really delves into Shippou's youkai nature. We don't even ever see him in fox form, even though his father's body and those other kitsune from that Kitsune Inn were shown in fox form. I can definitely, definitely see the need for fresh meat becoming too strong and instincts driving him to hunt like you portrayed here. I wish this were just a little bit longer, showing a Kagome/Shippou reunion where she tells him herself that she isn't disgusted by or afraid of him, but we all know she won't be, that everything Inuyasha said is true. Good job!
Lolly1o1 chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
I really liked this story!I never really thought about how Shippou should've been acting more like a youkai
Peya Luna chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
interesting! id love to read a part two with kagomes reaction - what will she think of cute little shippo for once acting like a true youkai?
redchinese chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
*hnnnnnnnnnggggggg* so sweeeeet, it really gratifing to see inuyasha actually act like and older brother figure to shippou, and makes me all the more sad that it didn't happen in canon.
wheresmybook chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
I really loved this, it made A LOT of sense. It always bugged me how in the manga (at least at first) Shippo made a big deal about being "full-demon"... but apart from being little and having a tail he's really no different than the humans. For pity's sake, his nose isn't even as strong as Inuyasha's!

This was some really great character development for the kid, I approve :)
sessxrinromance chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
inuyasha talks like a cowboy!
athenai chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Nice! True enough, we don't see too much of Shippo as a youkai, and this was a fine idea...

I especially liked the intervention of Inuyasha... gentle, but still rough in its way and in character, which shouldn't have been easy, I guess! So congratulations.

I also liked how you expressed it all.

Keep writing, and good luck with the muse!
godzillagirl16 chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
Good story! I don't think that Shippo could survive on what the others eat; foxes are carnivores. Noodles and candy and grilled fish doesn't sound like a good diet for anyone. Thank you for pointing this out. Like the earthquake, I hadn't noticed this for myself.
Fluffy's Lady chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
I really liked this and, yes, I do feel like Shippou's youkai nature gets glossed over. I'm even guilty of that myself. As always, this was a really good piece of fanfiction!
Illadaran chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
and yet even him stealing chickens still sounds adorable even if he were to kill a human for some reason he'd still look cute doing it
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Yay for Inuyasha/Shippou bonding!

And we do forget he's not just a human with a tail, don't we?
One More Thing chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Interesting take on the story. Definitely something different, but it works. It makes sense, but I do have a bit of trouble picturing it. I think Shippo's cuteness has gotten to me. :) Anyway, great job as always. You wrote it perfectly with just the right amount of detail and emotion. The only thing I wasn't too crazy about was Inuyasha's language. The whole "yer" and 'a' endings everywhere just didn't fit for me. I don't know if that's something you portray with Inuyasha in all your stories, but we'll see. I'm working my way through your stories in the order I find least, to the most appealing. Not that this story wasn't appealing. It caught my attention, and I did enjoy it very much! Thanks for writing!
LucidKren chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I whole-heartedly enjoyed this story. It was very true to the characters, and introduces a new level to Shippou which we don't get to see. You've done a fine job. Cheers.
FlameTwirler chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Inuyasha calming Shippou, telling him he's not a monster, is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read.