Reviews for Into the Dust
batfan399 chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
Wow, this is brilliant. I really like your word choice and think you have excellent writing skills :).
wherewolf chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
I've always wondered why the comics never explored the human part of Joker. He's insane but he's still a person with real feelings, even though they're hidden deep inside. That is why your story made me cry because it's a Joker who has hope. I loved it.
ArchaicLover chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
I love the note at the end.
jokergirl4ever chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
wow good writting ver heart wrenching sad .
jokr'sprincess77 chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
this made me cry! i luved it. i luv heath ledger, so thax for making sumthing in his memory.
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
Wow, how chilling. This certainly didn't turn out the way I thought it would, but I definitely enjoyed it.

You have a talent for expressing emotions, that is displayed plain and clear throughout this piece of work.

My heart is totally breaking right now for the Joker - which I find rather strange because no author in the Batman genre has EVER made me feel that way. I mean, think about, since when does someone feel compassion for a monster such as the Joker? He's a criminal, a mass murderer - but in this fic, you also emphasized the point that despite those things, he IS human and despite what everyone probably thinks, he does, sometimes, desire the normalness of everyday life.

I have to say though; you reached the pinnacle of your one-shot when you said this: ‘He was his own worst nightmare.’ –Wow; reading that, in the context of the whole sentence it was supplied with, just totally blew me away. It’s kind of chilling to think that the Joker actually might be . . . scared . . . of who has become. Can you imagine that? With that sentence, you completely awakened the most intriguing questions about the Joker within my mind. I loved it.

I also loved when you were talking about how he was sick of everything. Especially this one: ‘Sick of the terrors that plagued his ceaseless stupor.’ –That was amazing.

I really liked the part where the Joker was looking at the newspaper clipping that lay crumpled up on the floor, and ‘Though the paper was half-heartedly thrown in the corner, folded over perhaps by the wind, he knew what completed the heading.’

‘Joker’

-That was really awesome. I love that part so much. I can’t explain why.

You know what else I absolutely LOVED about this fic? The title: ‘Into the Dust’ –it just sounds so . . . final. It ties in so well with one of the last lines: ‘“Joker is dead.”’ –Gives me the chills when I picture him saying that.

I would totally love if you could continue this, I honestly don't know where'd you go with it, but it would be interesting to get out of the Joker's mind and more into . . .JACK'S mind, or whatever the Joker's real name is.

I am sorry if this review seems rather jumbled, everything I am writing makes sense in my mind . . . I can only hope it does in yours, too. If you don’t understand, let me sum it up for you:

This was great, and I loved every second of. Keep writing!

Sincerely,

HoistTheColours
J the Drafter chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
Hm. Nice. You cut right to the man beneath the madness. I think he's too far gone to change, though. Certainly not without some drastic impetus. Despite that, this is really good.
Green Gallant chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
I have to say this is the first time I read a fic like this concerning the Joker. I remember Jack Nicholson's character saying that he was crying on the inside. Never really gave it much thought, but when you think about it especially on this level it seems to ring true. Which makes me wonder did he go underground, does he commit suicide or what? How is he going to disappear from the public eye for good? A very dismal end to his career. I wonder if this is how it'd actually play out should the Batman comic come to a perminant end? I of course was suprised when I learned Heath Ledger died. I thought it was a joke but sure enough it was true. He really did a great job protraying the Joker. And brought the iconic villain to a new level never before seen outside of comic books. And I think you did a great job on this fic. I was actually picturing the song Save Me by Unwritten Law playing, it goes along perfectly with the tone of this fic. Real nice work. I'll have to fave this.

Great job,

Green Gallant.
CenterCitizen chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
TT_TT so sad... Poor Joker. Poor Heath Ledger. -favs-
Emii chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Hey! I'm not normally into 'he's human underneath' fics, but you pulled this off spectacularly. The repetition is a nice touch, and I really like the sketchy view of the setting that you build up through his eyes - I can believe that the Joker might have those kind of 'second thoughts'. In fact, you could probably milk more out of this in another fic if you wanted to, given the J's apparently unstable mindset.

Not that it matters, but sweet memory note too - shame he'll never find out how his performance inspired so many.

Keep up the good work.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
Wonderful . . .
lady-bluebeard chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
That was great. Wonderful job!
Sakura Katana chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
So sad, but so good.
Jokersaccomplice chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
*claps* Beautiful
LilyHellsing chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
That was so sad...Deep...I loved it. Poor Heath! T.T I cant wait to go to the movies at midnight when TDK opens, wearing the Joker/Heath shirt lol XD Ill be all decked out even with the make up to honor poor Ledger.