Reviews for Strength of Brothers
Genuka chapter 32 . 4/2
Its a pity that you never posted the rest. I would LOVE to read more.
ARSLOTHES chapter 32 . 3/18
Hope you make the sequel soon, this was a good story
Yamamoto Takeshi 80 chapter 15 . 3/7
I hate you so much that I'm actually reviewing. Why did Sirius have to die? He's like one of my favorite characters in the story. I almost cried. Besides Sirius dying this story is one of the best Harry Potter x Naruto crossover I've ever read. The plot is awesome. Keep it up even though this story is complete.
UseFistNotMouth chapter 32 . 3/2
Not bad, could have been better if it avoided the common pitfalls of these type of fic. I did enjoy reading this through to the end despite skimming more and more towards the end.

I would have like to have seen more effect on Naruto's world than just him having a slightly easier childhood and less volatile personality. I also feel that many characters in the HP world were minimized towards the end. Overall, everything past the early chapters seemed very rushed and lost a lot of the poignancy it could have had. The story suffers from rushing due to tunnel vision on the eventual destination, but leaves much wanting for the journey. There is also the rather common mistake of turning the plot into a giant recap, telling instead of showing the whole way. The important differences are happening from the characters' perspectives, yet these are glossed over in favor for fast forward narrative exposition and recap summaries. 50% of the text of the story could be skipped and have no effect on the reader's underatanding of events.

I would recommend focusing on a tighter perspective and letting the characters lead the readers on their journey, instead of focusing on specific scenes and letting the rest of the story be dead weight.
polarpwnage chapter 21 . 2/21
It's not S-rank but a B-rank kinjutsu, btw since you're rushing the HP-verse, that means Harry is going to the elemental nations?
naokinaozumi1508 chapter 32 . 2/20
will there be a slash pairing ?
HikaruWinter chapter 17 . 2/15
I had a thought!
It Harry is as good at control as you imply, rather than speed, wouldn't he get Tsunade's FALCON PUNCH?! D: Now, that's a scary thought, people. Or not. Imagine what he'd do to Voldy's Resurrection Site. I see a crater and much smoke rising like a mushroom from the ground.
HikaruWinter chapter 16 . 2/15
I've always seen Harry as a Hawk. He loves flying too much not to be a bird. Or, at least, a very agile animal, like a deer or a cat.
As for Naruto, he's not always a fox in my head, I must admit, even if the mischievous fox look fits him to the T. But also something cute, something that seems harmless and friendly, and then bares its teeth and claws and -what do you know? It's actually a killing machine! Yes, that's how I picture the idiot. Also, a pack animal. SO. A canine or a BIG feline, I'd say. A golden retriever or a rather fluffy, fair-furred german shepherd. Or a cheetah. Or a serval, an ocelot or a snow leopard. All fit, really, with an innocent-yet-mischievous air to them (sans snow leopard, but the big, blue eyes... I can't. I melt.)
HikaruWinter chapter 11 . 2/15
*raises hand* I have a question, author-dono!
Movility. You aren't accounting for it in your comparisons. I mean, yes, wizards have more diverse techniques, and more casting speed (I'm thinking of this like a ROL game, it's easier on my slobering fangirl tendencies), so, well, damn the language barrier... I'll put it this way:
-WIZARD (student) -NINJA (genin)
HP-5-20
STG-5-10
DEF-5-10
AGI-20-20
WIS-50-10
(HP: Endurance/STG: Phisical strenght/DEF: Pain endurance, phisical defense, blocking/AGI: Speed and agility/WIS: Wisdom, intelligence and core capacity) (Power base of civilians is 5, to clear 'that' up)
(Note that 'blocking charms' go into WIS, since it's a spell, and directly related to core capacity, jutsu and all other spells)
(PD: The same AGI for both accounts for this fact: wizards have more casting speed, but most have to stay put to actually cast, ninjas can actually dodge their shit [Kawarimi, anyone? BOW TO THE POWER OF THE LOG!]) while they do the LONG handseal-serie, so, same points, but wizards in the spiritual sense, ninja in the phisical sense)
My conclusions: Kawarimi is GOD. But besides that, in a straight-out fight, a ninja, even an academy student, is fast enough that it looks like they've teleported in front of their marks (or maybe it's just Lee... but I digress), specially to wizards that, awesome and powerful as they are, besides lacking common sense (thank you, Hermione) also lack the high-strung reflexes of those in constant near-death situations. The veterans of the war, maybe. Or paranoid fucks and pranksters -which is much of the same thing. But Hogwarts students... not so much (maybe Fred and Greorge...).
In a not-so-straight fight... well, the cloak-and-dagger business is a shinobi's business. Trying to sneak up on the Master Sneakers is bullshit. Wizards would get creamed.
And much like Wizards getting a lucky hit with a spell, if the shinobi gets close enough, it's their call, because the shinobi would take their stick, break their stick, and promptly shove both pieces up their ass (or maybe that's just Anko. And Kakashi. They do seem to have weird kinks). So, the result of this rambling babble is that, in long-distance and with a wide-area-effect spell, wizards would rule the battlefield (they could launch more nuclear bombs per second than the shinobi, probably on a 10-to-1 ratio with a 1-to-10 points of core degradation respectively... but then bijuu. Nuff said. Those things take the nuclear bomb concept, laugh at it, and then happily show you what a 'real bomb' is like. In the destructive sense. Did I already say they'd do this happily? And without tiring a teeny-lil bit? In case of jinchuuriki, forget the casting speed, the spell strenght would probably double by the mere fact that their chakra is that much more destructive, and, and this is important, there would be no core degradation, though their HP would get steadily shot, even if everything the wizards throw doesn't faze them. Better not think on the raw-bijuu possibility. Yeah. Wold, BOOM.), but from mid-to-short distance, wizards are fucked all ways to Sunday on a pink hand-basket full of flobberworms (unless the wizards apparate; or do the light-dark pseudo-flying thingy, then again, Lee. And Guy. Who needs flying when you run at the speed of sound? [On your hands. Upside-down.] But, again, maybe that's just them, and it would be distracting enough to get a lucky hit or two before the ninja gets their wits about them and start dodging -and retaliating- again).
ERGO, let's all hope Alastor Moody never mets Might Guy. For our sanity. (Mine is already dwindling, just imagining it). (And a voice in my head is screaming in terror). (Wise voice).
*wristles* Look at that ramble! Nearly as long as the list of fucks people won't give about it.
U-don't-know-who chapter 18 . 2/14
Lets hope the [insert nasty word here] Umbridge gets petrified in a very undignified manner hmm?
Exess chapter 32 . 2/5
I have to say this is one of the better harry/naruto fics I've read. and the only one that has my belief that magic / chakra is the same. kudos
iroshi chapter 32 . 1/20
This story was amazingly excellent. I'm not a big Naruto fan; though I AM a huge crossover fan, it still takes an exceptional storyline to get me interested in the Naruto universe, even with Harry Potter involved. You managed to do it. My best friend *is* a huge Naruto fan, and she had to read a portion out loud to me because it made her laugh out loud (Chapter 16, "you know that there aren't any rocks that are perfectly rectangular with eye-holes right?") and then she gave me the basic summary of the AU. I had to download it. And here I am, only three days later, finished reading all 200k words of it, because I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN!

Now, imagine my sadness to reach the end and find that no sequel has yet begun. Three years. I am THE SAD! I have finished the story and there is no more. Waaaaaaaaaah!

Having the obligatory -please post more- statement out of the way, this really was an amazing story. If you would let me know whether I can hold out hope for the sequel(s) or if I should mark it as incomplete in my story folder, I would greatly appreciate it. Going to mark 'Follow Author', just in case, though! :)
BabyGhost123 chapter 32 . 1/14
I love the story, wish that you'll update though...huh well it was a good story and I liked that they both became dependent individuals in their own right...update soon when u get the chance
moon so bright chapter 26 . 1/3
How adorable!
moon so bright chapter 23 . 1/3
This sucks. Will there be less anger towards Harry over the tournament seeing as he's only a kid here?
1,191 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »