Reviews for Voice of the Shadows
Millenium Ring chapter 5 . 8/20/2010
O.O Found this while searching for more Darth Maul stories - why are they always unfinished? *cries*

Anywho, I am growing fond of the characters of Asha and Kate - so I shall probably read the other fic they're in that you started before this one.

You have a new fan! (although, i'm already a fan of skywalker05's work XD )
Darth KenObi-Wan chapter 5 . 6/11/2008
Poor Obi-Wan! But then, I feel sorry for Ciaran if he has todo that on a regular basis. At least Kate has gotten what she wanted, I guess. :) Please update soon!
Darth KenObi-Wan chapter 4 . 4/9/2008
lol. That's quite humorous! XD I wonder what Kate will do now... Please update soon! (And thank-you for updating so soon!)
Darth KenObi-Wan chapter 3 . 4/9/2008
Right now, I could see Kate turning into an older Asajj Ventress! XD Please update soon!
Keeper-of-the-Cheese chapter 2 . 2/5/2008
Good story! Very interesting premise. THe only problem I have with it is that Darth Mauls real name is generaly excepted to be Kamier Sarin. If you already knew this and are just taking artistic license thats fine, but it's really FYI. Update soon!

Keeper-of-the-Cheese
Voldy's pink teddy chapter 2 . 2/4/2008
I find the idea of a feminist Sith interesting, and I enjoyed this story and Tremors of Ruin. I don't think the Jedi Code is inherently sexist, however; I think that, since the primary creator behind Star Wars is male, it is natural for him to create main characters that he can relate to. Not all people have trouble writing across genders, but some writers do.

I'm not saying that George Lucas is a feminist; his failing concerning the female characters in SW is in making them less real people by idealizing them. Even Leia, who is a very strong female character, loses some of her three-dimensionality by ROTJ. That kind of “benevolent sexism” is more of a general problem in the relatively male-dominated SW universe than a problem with the Jedi Code, though. The Code would be hard for anyone to follow, whether male or female, as it denies the necessity of self-interest and individuality.

I would like to recommend playing the first and second Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR) games or reading KOTOR fanfiction, as you can play the character in both games as male or female (even though it recently became canon that the character in KOTOR 1 is male and the one in KOTOR 2 is female). Nonetheless, the characters in both games have the choice to become either a Sith Lord or a Jedi. You can find KOTOR fanfiction on under “games”, then “Star Wars”, or on my profile under “favorite stories”. I would also like to recommend reading “Reviving Ophelia”, by Mary Pipher (if you haven’t already).

I’m sorry if I went on a bit about things that aren’t technically about your story, but I find the concept of a feminist Sith so interesting that I couldn’t resist putting in my two cents concerning the idea. There needs to be more discussion about the gender roles in SW, and I’m glad you’re writing stories that question the status quo.
Darth KenObi-Wan chapter 2 . 2/4/2008
This is a really nice story so far! Update soon!