Reviews for Half Life 2: Journey Scars
LadyLionhart chapter 2 . 6/10/2014
I really liked your story! I think you placed the timeline in the perfect spot, since it really does make sense for both of them to go for a check up at that time. I love that the focus wasn't on anything action related, but just something normal and in-between, which makes it a lot of fun to read :) Thank you for sharing!
MrReviewerGuy chapter 2 . 8/19/2010
Oh, fun. One night without the HEV suit, and it's back to saving the world!
MrReviewerGuy chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Hoo boy. Gordon hasn't had a checkup in twenty-plus years. And if he had as much luck as I did, he's gonna be messed UP!
KarmaLord chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Nice to know someone out there makes Gordon talk in their fic lol
Nintendolover222 chapter 2 . 2/16/2010
Shit, I didn't think about how Gordon's body would look like a halloween costume.

Something about this seems a little inaccurate, and that's that the HEV suit would've fixed up the internal bleeding.

At least, that's what I thought. However, I remembered that it only supplied morphine and armour, so the pain would go away but the injuries wouldn't.

Great stuff. It shows you're using your brain.
Gordan-Freeman chapter 2 . 3/22/2009
I think this is how it should have went
Thefallenheart chapter 2 . 2/8/2009
this was really good. it is definately how i would imagine Freeman acting. looking forward to new chapters.
rcswart chapter 2 . 1/24/2009
This story has some interesting points. For instance the fact that Gordon is actually injured most of the time. Also the way you ended the second chapter can lead to another checkup from Dr Forest ie: Getting cleaned up from the battle defending White Forest. It can be the last part of Journey Scars, unless you include emotional kinds...anyway just a suggestion, good read by the way.
ASDF chapter 2 . 6/27/2008
You should send this to Gabe, this could be made into one of those comic books other video game series have. Or better yet if they include this at the beginning of Ep 3 (the check up i mean)

It would be really cool to see just how much damage Gordon's body has endured.
Fishy Crackers chapter 2 . 6/19/2008
The only reason i can think of why this wouldn't happen in the game is that there are no cutscenes, but if that alone were chagned in the game i wouldn't be suprised if this had actually happened, i'll but this on story alert, just in case you feel like continuing.
Eldrek chapter 2 . 5/20/2008
I love how simplistic the story is. No extra emotion is a blessing in this story. Plus, I enjoy how Alyx and Gordon interact with each other. Both of them being in each other's company is just the way that I would imagine it being from an actual Half Life game, if Valve had time to include these kind of snippets of plot into the overall storyline. Hell, the only bad thing about this was the tragically short story length so far.

This story is so good, that I'm telling my friends about it as I write this review. You're style of storytelling is excellent and you write a fanfiction like it ought to be. I want you to keep writing. I will be eagerly awaiting more story chapters, should you decide to keep writing further into this. All the while, me and the increasing number of people I tell about this will read and reread like I have been doing and eagerly awaiting this story to develop into something even greater.
Spartan-IV chapter 2 . 5/7/2008
This is my favourite story from you Kiefer. Frankly, its what I think should've happened in Episode 2. Morphine can only do so much for a wound. Anyway, great story Kiefer. I would've pointed out that there are a few spelling mistakes, but after looking through the other reviews I can see that you already know about those. Keep it going!
Starmast3r chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Wow, what a nice little story. If only something like this would have been put in Episode 2. Valve really needs to drastically pick up the romantic pace with Alyx and Gordon's relationship. It's just really nice to know that Alyx really cares for Gordon though in this fan fic.

The grammar itself is pretty good, just a couple of wrong phrases in places. For example, is Dr. Forest supposed to be saying Aw or Ah in the sentence "Aw, yes. Please come in."? Other than that, there are no really bad changes.

Keep up the great writing!
WindyWildWolf chapter 2 . 1/31/2008
I'm reviewing for both chapters here, not sure why we have different review sections for different chapters. I think it would be easier to just read the whole thing and review it. Anyhow, I like how you showed that Gordon can be pretty vulnerable beneath that suit. You writing has also improved, and while there's some spelling errors, I woulnd't worry too much over it. Nice work!
Charlie708 chapter 2 . 1/31/2008
I liked it! However, I'll start with my only gripe: wrong verb tense when Eli sits on the couch when Alyx brings him some tea. Other than that, it was very good, thought out well, planned well and had a good flow and consistency to it.