Reviews for Between the Lines
bittyskitty94210 chapter 7 . 3/16/2014
chapter 7 was adorable. reminds me of my cats. they leave presents too. i prefer the bug gifts as it means one less bug to kill. i dont know what to do when they bring me lizards. i like lizards and its disheartening to have so many die because of my cats.

reading through your ficlets and you may get a few more comments from me later

have a good day! :)
Misty Blue chapter 40 . 6/19/2013
Oh, and probably my favorite chapter..! :)
Misty Blue chapter 40 . 6/19/2013
Woah! What a way to look at Dinobot's desire, and Dinobot 2's story in getting it... somewhat. An unexpected, but a wonderful, brilliant take, indeed! Awesome job! I absolutely loved it!
Misty Blue chapter 39 . 6/19/2013
Two words: Totally agree.

Lovely chappie!
Misty Blue chapter 17 . 6/17/2013
Hey, true, though. No one ever gave Sir Big-Green much thought like this before, so awesome job!
Misty Blue chapter 13 . 6/17/2013
Oh, it is a feeble hope, Dinobot. And how ironic is it, that in the end, you were the one who surrendered to your destiny to end this once and for all?

This is why I love Dinobot. Like Cheetor, I learn a lot from him! Yes, seriously. A lot!

Such a perfectly-painted picture, this piece. Great, great job!
Misty Blue chapter 10 . 6/17/2013
Hey, nice idea for Dinobot! This warrior's heart is exactly why we love him.

An awesome chapter!
Misty Blue chapter 7 . 6/17/2013
Oh, glorious! This was super funny! Love it! Hahaha!
Misty Blue chapter 28 . 6/17/2013
A marvelous job on this lovely, introspective fic! Somehow this gives me more thoughts on his choices, especially, as you've mentioned, in "Code of Hero". And I just knew it! Oh, I just knew Dinobot wasn't brought into the Maximal fold for no reason. And this piece made understand that bridge between warrior and civilians even more, and why it is present. Now I know... thanks to you! Awesome job.
Crescent Blue chapter 48 . 1/4/2012
It took me quite a while to read this entire story, but I loved every single syllable of it!

You write Beast Wars so well you should work for Hasbro. I could see episodes or a movie being made from your stories. Please continue.

The Celestial Skies and the Overdose series were amazing!
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 3 . 4/28/2009
Yes, I agree with you. Scorponok tends to be one of the most mocked and overlooked characters in BW, along with Quickstrike. However, if you look deeper than the show - which IS made for kids, after all - shows you, you'd probably find a rather dumbly loyal, yet intelligent soul, one who would have gradually become disillusioned by Megatron's growing greed and ambition - just like Waspinator eventually did. His death at the beginning of 'Aftermath' seems wasteful, yet ironic. You've captured his feelings unusually well. You have my respect for being so good at reading between the lines, at seeing everything that the show doesn't show us. Even now Scorponok will probably remain the most ignored regular character in BW.

You've not the first person who I know has written about Scorponok, though. If you're interested, there's a long-winded one-shot fic by Deep Metal, called 'The Way of All Things'. It focuses on Scorponok, in first person, with behind-the-scenes emphasis on how his character was gradually degraded in the series. I recommend you read it - it's quite professionally written, with the same post-modern tone you've used here, only thrown into greater spotlight. Of course, you have a choice if you want to read it or not, but I'd recommend it to ANY BW fan.

gODSPEED!
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 5 . 4/28/2009
You know, I strongly agree with this assessment of Rampage. Nobody's born evil - we are all victims of circumstance. Even children with inherent sociopathic or sadistic tendencies as young as eight years old shouldn't be blamed for what they are, because they don't know any better. We do have, as this segment you've written shows, the Maximal Elders to blame for creating Rampage as a weapon and experiment. BW was a mature show to emphasise that the so-called 'good guys' - Maximals - had darker aspects to themselves. Depth Charge also showed this when he accused Optimus Primal of being responsible for Protoform X NOT being destroyed, by agreeing with the Council's request to take him elsewhere. Even so, I always felt sorry for both Depth Charge AND Rampage, in different ways. Of course, there's just NO WAY you could have both of them on the same side without being disloyal to their characters.

In addition, his early episodes showed Rampage as, paradoxically, perhaps the most complex character in all of BW. 'Transmutate', one of my favourite episodes, showed that he was, despite his madness, still capable of empathy and compassion.

In the Season 3 episode 'Master Blaster', when Blackarachnia swore that he'd regret taking her captive by Megatron's orders, he simply said "I regret everything, my dear", which may suggest that some form of disillusionment with the world - due no doubt to the corruption in the Maximal council - is what drives him to carry on without any apparent remorse, giving in to his sadism. He probably even feels some sort of connection with his nemesis, Depth Charge - both are disillusioned individuals, albeit in different ways. When Depth Charge was about to kill him with raw energon, Rampage laughed triumphantly - he had proven that Depth Charge could become a killer like him, and that his messed up worldview was correct.

Rampage is definitely ONE OF, if not THE, most complex characters in BW - in line with Dinobot and Depth Charge - and this segment proves it
Egg chapter 48 . 3/8/2009
O.o Whoah, you have a really interesting take on Beast wars. I love stories that fill in the gaps about what characters are doing when not following the main plot line. :P

"Just a thought on how exactly Megatron managed to get a beast mode that had no real animal DNA on Earth"

Eh, I always figured megatron's structure bonded with Skorponok and Terrorsaur or something just as weird. My first thought when he rose out of the lava was that he looked a lot like Terrorsaur.
Silver Wizardess chapter 14 . 1/6/2009
Sweet, inocent, little Waspy. lol

Hehehe, I shouldn't read things like this when the baby is trying to sleep. I really don't like that death mom is giving me right now...
meteor prime chapter 48 . 11/16/2008
I hope this isn't the end! Is it okay for me to enquire that you write maybe an Optimus Primal/ BW Megs fic? Its just there seems to be so very few and reading this story you seem wholly capable of writing one. Please let me know if you will. Thanks. Brilliant story I really like the way you have both captured and challenged the characters-well-characters. :]

Till all are one