Reviews for Between the Lines
Thing With No Talent chapter 41 . 3/7/2008
Oh, cool. I like this one. Creepy.
Thing With No Talent chapter 40 . 3/7/2008
Dinobot had been a Predacon. I don't think he wanted to be one again, or rather, he still considered himself one despite the group allegiance - I think he wanted the Maximals to be more like the Predacons. You know, like "if these guys were a little smarter and more ruthless, they'd be just about alright." As for TM2 Dinobot, who knows what he thought. He was a mish-mash nightmare anyway. The only personality of his own he had to fall back on was apparently what was left behind from the old Dinobot.

Still, an interesting take on mythology from the character's point of view. Very symbolic.
Thing With No Talent chapter 39 . 3/7/2008
Thank you Blackie, for pointing out that the wisdom of the ages is so much illusion. Yes, memory distorts everything. Yesterday's generation faced no less war, famine, corruption, disease, terror, stupidity, or malice than we do. But they seem to like to think so. (Is surrounded by self-righteous old people and wants to slap them all.)

Sometimes it's nice to indulge in the attitude of a Predacon.
Thing With No Talent chapter 38 . 3/7/2008
Well, Depth Charge isn't really a Maximal anymore. He's gotten caught up in his obsession to the point that he disregards the safety of the others when it suits him. He's a ronin, a rogue, no longer loyal to any faction or anything save his one vengeful goal - as he tried to make clear to Primal. Personally, it made my teeth grind every time Primal let him get away with his slag and still stay in the Maximal base, or bothered sending him out on missions when it was clear his vendetta would get in the way. Depth Charge made his choice, and it wasn't the Maximals. Huh. At least Dinobot had the honesty to still call himself a Predacon rather than wear the name of a cause that wasn't his.

I guess in his own twisted way, DC thought he was still doing a Maximal thing. But he'd gone just as crazy as Rampage. That much was plain obvious.
Thing With No Talent chapter 37 . 3/7/2008
Actually, I admire Inferno as much as Dinobot. Loyalty of such strength is so rare in a thinking, sentient creature that regardless of what caused it, it's something you just have to admire. Might not understand it, might find it strange or disturbing or even ridiculous at times, but you have to admire it.
storytellers chapter 45 . 3/7/2008
I'm sorry I waited until now to review but university applications got in the way of my reading.

I can't tell you just how happy I am that you're writing Beast Wars again! I just really, really love the whole "fic breeding" concept as well as the individual oneshots. You've given so much depth to this show that I have long ago started to think of you as the actual creator of the beast wars universe i know and not Hasbro.

It also had the magical ability to inspire me to write and finally kick my lazy ass into finishing a BW fic I never meant to abandon in the first place. Therefore you are now proclaimed my official Beast Wars Muse :)

As always, I have to mention that I'm forever waiting for a new installment in Celestial Skies and I remain hopeful that I'll read the whole story before I die ;P
manytwos chapter 36 . 3/6/2008
Holy cow Lady D, my email alert showed that you posted 10 chapters all within one day. Someone must be having a field day with her muse(s).
ShivaVixen chapter 28 . 2/16/2008
Here's a suggestion, though I'm not sure if it's a good one, but you could have Dinobot reflect on Cheetor and/or Rattrap, more so Rattrap because at one point, didn't Rattrap go to the predacon side? (I was thinking Cheetor because you already have a chapter with Cheetor and Dinobot talking, though it's more from Cheetor's perspective.) I really liked chapter 7 (Cheetor is so cute)and the chapter where Terrorsaur is thinking how sane everyone is in the war, or not so sane, and keeps laughing to himself.
Highway2Hell chapter 2 . 2/10/2008
"“You heard me.” Blackarachnia smiled with sweetness so false it made a mockery of the attempt."

Yup, that's our Blackarachnia alright. I loved her when she was evil, she didn't give a crap about anyone but herself. It was awesome, she broke the stereotype of TF Femmes and females in cartoons in general.
Silvane chapter 11 . 2/6/2008
I've only seen bits and pieces of this series, but I adore /Trauma/. It hits so perfectly, a strange but familiar picture of wanting to be somebody braver or smarter or just -other- then yourself.

_He was the Decepticon Air Commander. He’d lived millions of years and defied death. Even as a spark, he persevered._

This particular line is one of my favorites. You can see Starscream in the words, but also who Waspinator wants to be. I love the oneshot. Keep writing. You're good at it.
Nobility chapter 7 . 2/4/2008
Hahaha! One of my cats used to be an outdoor cat (until he got hit by a car and decided to keep him indoors) and he used to bring us all sorts of things. Lizards, mostly, but appearently he once brought a live bird into the house.
Midnight Voyager chapter 7 . 2/4/2008
This is quite possibly one of the cutest things ever. But I love cats.

Love the idea, love the stories, as always.
Red Tale chapter 4 . 2/3/2008
These chapters look pretty interesting, but I'm kind of confused by your first chapter. I mean, as I read them, these are one-shots of different characters...it's pretty common, I don't consider them a "non-story". And, looking at your reviews, I'm pretty sure people read this first part, go "huh?", and then click somewhere else, so they don't actually read your chapters. You could put all the chapter first, and then close with this Not Telling You a Story, which would then have people look back at the chapters, and how they read generally, in a new way.
Rockel chapter 2 . 2/2/2008
Yea! A new Beast Wars fic! ) Love it! I love the pairing. Very different. And I agree with you too. Why does every femme have to be paired off with someone?
44 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3