Reviews for Whispers in the Night
Addicted1 chapter 4 . 2/12/2014
Great bit of Giles/Dawn and Giles/Xander. With all of the Buffy and Willow craziness in S6, Xander gets a bit forgotten (for me, at least), and your fic got me thinking that, out of all the Scoobies, Xander is the one that might have most benefited from Giles staying. Nicely done.

Oh, and your author's note cracked me up-totally agree. Constructive criticism or write your own!

I do hope you keep writing. Your characterizations feel authentic, and I enjoy your dialogue.
Thank you for sharing!
Addicted1 chapter 3 . 2/12/2014
This was so sweet! I wish it was full on B/G, but you toe the line here nicely. This totally could have happened on the show! (Except that Joss is so mean!)
Addicted1 chapter 2 . 2/12/2014
This chapter just checked the box of utter wish fulfillment in my heart. You are a champ for trying to fix season 6. I think the real challenge with this scene (other than the ones you identified) is that, arguably, by this point, Willow was already too far gone to accept responsibility/help. Despite that, this still felt plausible (and was just so lovely!)-well done.
Addicted1 chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
You definitely pulled it off. Giles couldn't stay without some kind of acknowledgement/acceptance of responsibility from Buffy. Lovely job!
Zarohk Korobase chapter 2 . 5/6/2013
I always felt that there needed to be more emotional connection between Giles (when he was around) and Willow. They had a bit of a rampart in seasons 1 & 2, which was disrupted by Jenny's death and never really got back on track. I always hoped that Willow would connect with Giles over magic abuse, but they never really did.
Kathryn Merlin chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
So sweet. Exactly how I would have wanted it to be. Good work!
Isilarma chapter 4 . 10/29/2011
I really liked that. I've only just started watching 'Buffy', but I thought that was very good, and I love the way you write Giles.
stephanie chapter 4 . 10/24/2011
Doesn't really feel finished. I liked where it was going but feels like you stopped half way through the story and there is no final realization of feelings. What happens now that Giles stays? Does Willow work through her addiction, does Tara still die? What happens between Buffy and Giles because it seems they were starting to lean towards more romantic feelings for each other? It would be nice to see what happens.
MissUpland11 chapter 4 . 2/15/2011
holy crap! sequel sequel! I LOVE THIS.
Dimkaagon chapter 4 . 2/7/2010
I absolutely loved this story! I espeacially loved the end of chapter 3. It made me feel all happy, and warm, and fuzzy inside. You did a really great job at keeping the characters in character. You are a great writer! Great job, and thank you so much for writing!
HermioneSparta chapter 4 . 7/16/2008
Oh, a sequel, please, please, please!

HermioneSparta
krisbeh chapter 4 . 7/1/2008
I want more! how can this be complete?

no fair, you with your authory verdicts.

*trying to pout through a grin of happiness* (...he stayed!)

if you couldn't tell, i liked it

...

except it's too short, o'course
Marion the Geek chapter 4 . 2/24/2008
That was really wonderful. Very in character. I wouldn't mind a BG sequel. Thanks; I needed this.
Ruth chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
If only , if only... this had happened, or at least Joss had thought of a less deeply lame reason for Giles to go, so Tony Head could have his family *and* keep his character intact.

Sigh.

Good job, I mean to say ;-)
CindyB chapter 4 . 2/8/2008
I have enjoyed this story so far. I can't wait to see what happens next.