Reviews for Mine Now
Friendly darkmoonlady
lil-bugga chapter 2 . 10/7/2008
good story, though chapter 2 was a little confusing. keep it up
darkshadowarchfiend chapter 2 . 5/7/2008
Interesting can't wait to read more.
PureSlytherin4vr chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
This is an intriguing plot. I noticed a few Naruto references. I wouldn't normally read anything close to being X-overs but it wasn't too blatant. It was done well enough to not be completely out of context with the HP Universe. As much as I enjoy Naruto, I hope you don't plan on making the Naruto-verse a very prominent part of the story. Well, it should be okay so long as there’s a balance maintained and it remains a HP story. I also noticed a few spelling errors, but that’s not too important to me right now. I prefer to look into the substance of your story.

I love stories about confrontation between Harry and Draco's characters. Like I said, this is an interesting take on it. I’m kind of disturbed by Harry’s vision of Draco, and the fact he finds it humorous. Not OOC, but still disturbing. I don’t know whether to call it naivety or ignorance on Harry’s part, but it shows a lack of maturity and understanding of consequences. I think it’s quite sad, actually. It might just be me though. I never found the ferret incident of GoF to be funny. I had always found it a bit odd that readers never realized that, in the simplest context, that incident was basically a death eater cursing a student on-grounds and that everyone (including Harry), even after finding out the truth, still found it amusing. I find that pretty sick. I can’t really blame Draco for not trusting those who, perhaps, could’ve helped him in HBP. Maybe that’s part of the reason that I don’t like canon-Harry. The hypocrisy of Harry is mostly Rowling’s fault though and, arguably, the human element she put there to purposefully make him imperfect. I do hope your version of Harry comes around though. I don’t enjoy not liking him.

“…he had broken there unspoken rule of never hitting each other there.”

This line implies some sort of history between them… fighting related at the very least. I’m interested to know if this rule of etiquette had been made some time ago or just before the fight. Also, Harry doesn’t seem too bothered that he had a tainted win. I can’t say that it’s OOC though. I never was a fan of canon-Harry. Even in the books, he showed a selective code of honor.

Rarely do I feel the need to leave reviews, let alone elaborate my opinions on stories. If I do leave a review, even with some of my absolute favorite stories, it’s usually just something simple like, “I liked your story. Please update.” For some reason, the one chapter posted of your story made me think, reflect and want to leave a worthwhile review. I’m not sure if I like it or not. Your version of Harry, seems pretty spot-on with the canon version. And your Draco is still a victim of his own pride. Aside from the Naruto-based powers, it seems as if it could be a realistic occurrence in the HP Universe.

I hope you don’t take this as a negative review. I know there’s some people who think if you don’t leave an illegible, unrelated mess of words indicating some type of personality disorder it means it’s a flame. It isn’t meant to be. It’s mostly me just thinking and bouncing ideas off myself in an attempt to solidify an opinion on the story. Which didn’t quite work because I still don’t know what I think of it. lol. I can’t tell if this this review is worth anything or not. I blame an excess of insomnia and caffeine if it turned out to be a load of “wtf was she on?“ Whatever the case, I do think your story is creative and I’m definitely interested in reading more. . I hope you decide to continue this.