Reviews for Every Time My Heart Beats
Searching for Serenity chapter 45 . 4/10
I truly believe that this story could have been canon, and I like it much better than the series' version of Lee and Kara's first meeting. It's obvious that you put a lot of care and thought into this story. You did an absolutely amazing job of portraying the characters completely spot-on. You created a new part of their universe for us, by showing us life at the academy, and it felt very real and fit very well into the established universe of the series. To top it all off, this story was an emotional roller coaster of a journey that leaves my heart breaking even more for Lee and Kara, knowing how their story will end.

Also, the line "I'm sorry, sir. I didn't realize my date looked that much like a girl. But he is a guy. I'll swear to it." has got to be the funniest line I've ever read in fanfiction, or possibly anywhere!
Guest chapter 45 . 8/24/2014
I like this story so much better than the stupid character bashing retcon backstory we got at the end of the series. I am going on to read your other stories now before I rewatch my series DVDs. For me this is now Kara and Lee's real backstory instead of the canon trainwreck we were given.
Guest chapter 31 . 7/14/2014
This is one of THEE best stories I have ever read. Not just in fanfiction realm. Seriously, one of the best. You are an amazing author your use of description, emotional depth...ah. Amazing. Thank you so much for sharing this. I am half way thru and I am loving this ride
JaneAus10 chapter 45 . 2/1/2014
From the story writer to the guest reviewer who keeps spamming this story with long, ranting, (anonymous) profanity-laced reviews, I am now deleting those that come in so you are wasting your time and energy continuing to write them. This is, after all, a T-rated fanfic that was written nearly 6 years ago about a television show that has been off the air for over 4 years. Though portrayed by actors, Lee and Kara are characters in that television show. Nothing about my portrayal of them (or anyone else’s) is worth letting it elevate your blood pressure to such dangerous levels.

The solution is simple. Please stop reading the story immediately, take a few deep, calming breaths, say ‘ommm’ and move on to one of the “5 zillion stories that are better than this piece of [expletive deleted]”. I’m sure in the nearly 5K worth of BSG stories on the site you can find at least one that portrays a young Kara and Lee at the Academy in a CANON fashion that you believe fits your perception of their personalities.

Or for a quicker fix simply rewatch the series. It’s available on DVD, Hulu and Netflix to name a few. Or perhaps you would like to share with me the name of a story you believe gives us their TRUE canon personalities. I would certainly be interested in reading it since a good example would help me understand your vicious and vitriolic comments about them beginning with the young Academy students I have written.

Finally I’d like to thank you for the last review you wrote although I could have done without the profanity which is why I didn’t approve it to be posted. Comparing my story to those of Stephanie Meyer was obviously meant as a scathing put-down of both of us, but I find myself saying, ‘From your keyboard to God’s ear’. May I one day earn a fraction of what she has from her writing. :-) BTW there’s no ‘s’ on the end of her last name which causes me to question whether you’ve ever read her stories to make an honest evaluation that she is (as you call her) “queen of the mary sues”. But that’s neither here nor there now. Shall we call a truce? You start looking for the BSG story that fulfills your Kara/Lee canon requirements and I’ll return to writing an epilogue to The Torches of Other Worlds. [Insert peace symbol here]. Jane
Alexis80 chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
I started to PM you back but decided to put this out there for everyone to see.

I read this story but don’t think I ever reviewed it since I was just so blown away by the incredible alternate universe you created in Siren’s Kiss and continued in The Torches of Other Worlds which is how I now remember the BSG characters. You have a lot of readers including me who love ALL your stories and love your Lee and Kara in ALL of them including this one. I just tend to stay away from canon-related stories because their fates in the series were so sad and disappointing and made me want to throw things as the television. I also won’t start reading AU if it pairs them with others, especially Kara and Leoben, her sexual abuser and suicide coach.

Those flame reviews attacking this story obviously came from a little troll hiding behind the anonymous guest review. IMO it sounds like a sock puppet’s jealous ranting. As you politely said, he should keep looking for another BSG story more to his liking. Maybe he can find one that fits his hallucination of Lee and Kara so he can swoon and rave like a fanboy. :)

Are we going to get a followup to Torches? I still want to read about the wedding.

Alexis (your favorite fangirl) (:D)
JaneAus10 chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
I welcome all reviews and everyone has a right to his/her opinion. My question is if you find this story so bad and not to your liking, why continue to read it? There are hundreds of BSG stories that I am sure would be more to your liking. Jane
Guest chapter 7 . 2/1/2014
Like I said NOT Kara at all. Kara was extremely closed mouthed about her were things she never told Zack about. Soo one little frak and she got postcoital motor mouth
This tale is AWFUL and getting worse by the paragraph.
Guest chapter 6 . 2/1/2014
I think your observation is way off base. First I dont think Lee is the type that gets "feelings of inadequacy" around women (ANY women)except in your soap opera fic. His cockiness, his confidence were KEY points of his character. Most of the details you've tried to stick in this story are tying to boost kara and make Lee out to be a lot more straight laced than he was. This is another one of those Lee cant resolve his feelings for Kara stories that have not even the slightest basis in canon. Everyone is so OOC here I dont even recognize them. The comment Lee made about the Major had to do with her cheating on Zack. Remember THEY NEVER MET UNTIL KARA WAS WITH ZACK .You also need to mack up your mind with this "story" silly as it is. Kara doesnt give a crap about the rules when it comes to the major but does when it comes to Lee? Where is the logic in that?Anyway I cant stand stories that make Lee out to be some kind of simpering, stuttering, fumbling fool when it comes to women and Kara is the Super Pilot life of the party girl mantrap. AS a soap opera story its ok. As a BSG story it's awful. there are 2 people here named Lee & Kara. Ther jst not the 2 from Battlestar Galactica.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/1/2014
Another writer who hasn't got a clue anout what training it takes to fly. Stop the kara as superwoman nonsense. Try researching flight training and why what you write is absurd.
Siremele chapter 45 . 12/16/2013
I loved all the "truce" thing. Really loved.
I loved Connelly. Really. Since he is dead and so, and Kara will not use him anymore, could she borrow me him? I am not asking for Lee, this would be so much, and he is just very complicated to me. But I could really enjoy Connelly a bit. )

One thing I don't know if I already said to you is that you did a great thing with references all along the fic. I will not remember all the things I noticed, but one example is the promise Kara makes that she will wear a dress next time she goes with Lee to a party. Like we all know it will happen. )
I already told you I liked your writing. Those little details makes all difference. You rock!

And this fic made me understand one thing about Lee/Kara even in series. One word that describe them oh so perfectly is 'frustration'. Lee frustrates Kara. Kara frustrates Lee. They both frustrates us. (It is actually annoying. Very annoying. But okay, I still love them.) I understood this because at the beggining of the fic I saw that things wasn't going to be easy or nice for them, but I still waited for more action and less frustrating waiting. But no, the fic was all about frustration. And the fic was all about Kara and Lee, the canon ones, that ones we saw in the series. I understood, then. (And I discovered I like frustrating couples in general, but well)

Aaand. I loved the title, and the lyrics of the music, and the scenes when they both watch the singers so in love on the stage, and, well, I suffered a lot with this. *sigh*

Great work, girl. )
Siremele chapter 31 . 12/11/2013
Beautiful. Intense. Sad.
Siremele chapter 30 . 12/11/2013
"In a nutshell. Apollo is a show dog, a Golden Retriever, and after he wins best of show at the Caprica Kennel Club, some crooks dognap him with plans to ransom him to his rich owners. They were keeping him in an abandoned warehouse, when along comes Starbuck, a street-wise mutt. The book illustrator makes her look fierce and tough. When I was a little kid I used to put my hand over the picture of Starbuck confronting the bad guys. It scared me."

You will have my eternal love for this.

And know you put tears in my eyes with this:
"You got to love kids' books. Who lives happily ever after in real life?"

And for each non-quoted line after those, you earned a piece of my heart.
Siremele chapter 29 . 12/11/2013
Poor Zak. I like him, despite the fact that he isn't Lee, and I love Lee x Kara and etecetera.
But he was important for her, and he was cute, so I am sad.
And the beautiful couple is frustrating me endlessly. How can they be so stupid?
And I liked very much the angry kiss. 3
Siremele chapter 24 . 12/11/2013
I should had said this before, but well. I agree with you when you say the said major should be important to Kara for Lee using this in an argument so many years later. And I liked the way you build the relationship between them and Lee's jealousy. I want to punch Lee myself because he is so blind, but all the situation is very coherent.

Right now, I am sad with Kara being alone, without Helo and Lee. Helo's good bye was really sad, and Lee's was frustrating. (I really wish I could punch him. And Kara too.)

And now this. Here comes Zak. *sigh* One day I will understand why Zak's entrance in the stories always makes me feel so sorry, if I obviously already know he is coming. I am crazy.

In a nutshell, your fic is great. )
Siremele chapter 20 . 12/9/2013
I am enjoying the reading, oh yeah. I couldn't sleep, so I give up trying and here I am, reading at 4 pm.

It was cute Karl, Kara and Lee entering together in the ballroom. And the kiss was sweet. )