Reviews for The Land of Might Have Been
Nimuea chapter 2 . 11/2/2014
I cried from the middle of the first chapter. Amazing writing. And I really like the feeling of hope in the end.
paulc chapter 2 . 2/6/2014
I return to this story, time and again.
It is a pearl beyond price.
jackiemack916 chapter 2 . 10/24/2012
Sheesh. You managed to get me all teary-eyed and giddy in just two chapters. You are remarkably talented.
Alphie chapter 2 . 9/5/2008
Huh - I feel REALLY dumb. How did I miss that these were CHAPTERED fics. I think I got so used to your one shot style that I didn't even look to see if they were chaptered. But I'm thrilled to see that there is MORE to these fics and that the moments I so desperately wanted to read are here.

Anyway, Lorian makes the point that I made to my mother when we first watched Home. There is no real logic in the marriage! i didn't get it then and hearing you point out the mystery through Lorian only solidifies my belief that the marriage was nothing more than their attempt to draw out the angst in the easiest way they could. There was no good reason for her to marry Koss other than no one could think of a better way to keep TnT apart. Gr...

Off to read the REST of the fics I have missed!
Alphie chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
Well now you've really done it. Now you have me ready to hate the E2 ep - which is one of my all time favorites - for not giving us a Trip and old T'Pol scene. I really wanted to see him with her, and here you have done it to PERFECTION. It is staggering how well you have these characters down. They way they speak... i can HEAR them saying the lines you give them Just beautiful. And letting Lorian watch as Trip comforts his mother... UGH! You had me in tears.
D'Lark chapter 2 . 5/24/2008
Lol, I should have waited until I'd read the second chapter before sending in my review - because this one hit just has hard and had just as many amazing moments! Kudos on delivering two chapters of absolute gold - complete with fluffy and tear-jerking moments. I loved the scene where T'Pol spoke to her older departed self and revealed everything she couldn't say to Trip (but with him secretly listening in the corner) as well as Kayla Lorian reenacting Trip T'Pol's story for their crew and T'Pol to hear (while at the same time showing the awakening feeling for those two). Kayla teasing Lorian about picking a fight with him to get his attention and because the Tucker men enjoy arguing with their love-interests was also a great nod to the series - as well as Archer and Trip's comments that the Vulcan High Command will be annoyed to meet Lorian since he's not only evidence of time-travel but also of a Vulcan-Human hybrid (ah, to be a fly on that wall, eh?). Plus, Trip's comment about potentially being Archer's "grandson-in-law, twice removed, in an alternate timeline..." was brilliant. And Lorian's parting remarks about the illogic of Koss forcing his marriage to T'Pol was a great tease... definitely means I'm reading the next story instead of getting to bed tonight :)
D'Lark chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
All I can says is WOW! I just came across your Reconnection Series and had planned to leave a review at the last entry - but couldn't not comment on this chapter - it was absolutely amazing. The scenes of Trip saying goodbye to an aged T'Pol and time-jump of how he and T'Pol had finally gotten together didn't just tug on the heartstrings but tied them in a few knots. I needed to reach for a kleenex by the end of it. And I love that you didn't just leave the second Enterprise crew for dead and forget about them like the actual series did - makes me think Enterprise might have done better if it had enlisted a few of you fanfic'er as the writers :) ... definitely would have given Trip and T'Pol a happier ending.
TriGemini chapter 2 . 4/1/2008
OMG! This was the best one so far. So beautiful and quite bittersweet.

Must have been quite unsettling for both T'Pol and Trip to have her alternate counterpart within their midst.

Especially, for Trip. Seeing as how, the older T'Pol as she was dying believed him to be 'her' Trip. It was awfully good of Trip to let her think that she was with 'her' husband one last time.

It was also probably unsettling for T'Pol, as well.

In the sense, that she finally has come to terms with the feelings she has for Trip. And during her confession to her older self, Trip also gets a glimpse of what T'Pol really feels . Driving them both to make the confession of how they truly feel towards one another. Plus, there is also Lorian's theory, as well. With that he once again restores the hope to both T'Pol and Trip the belief that they may still have a chance to get together.
CSIGeekFan chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
Okay, now I'm REALLY sniffling. This is beautiful. *sniff*
CSIGeekFan chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Okay, you've got me sniffling.
tripwatcher2 chapter 2 . 2/9/2008
OMG! This is such a wonderful story! I would have loved to have seen this played out on the show. Thank you for a warm, sensual, LOGICAL, funny, terrific read!
KLJ-93 chapter 2 . 2/8/2008
I LOVED this chapter! I like the K/L match as well. Keep it up!
framework4 chapter 2 . 2/8/2008
Gives me tears. Delightful.
Ladyhawke Legend chapter 2 . 2/8/2008
This story moves your whole series in a nice direction. I really like Lorian's perspective on things. Everyone seems in character and yet your theme is much more hopeful and pleasant than what the series did. Thanks for the nice warm fuzzies. Fantastic job! Please create more.
Firewolfe chapter 2 . 2/8/2008
This is a fantastic work. Nice twist with Karen Archer and Lorian. Please have a sequel. This one can not be left hanging. I mean the look on Sova's face will be priceless I am sure.