Reviews for When the Clock Stops
FoggyKnight chapter 5 . 9/7/2008
After all the seriousness in the chapter, the last few sentences were hilarious :D. Thanks for the explanation of Adelaide and her mother, I was curious.
DetectiveMarlowe chapter 5 . 9/7/2008
I knew it! But what surprises me is that Mycroft agreed to do it, the reasons were good of course but still there has to be more.
AverageGeekyFanFiccer chapter 5 . 9/7/2008
O.o Poor Sherrinford.

And Sherlock.

And Mycroft. Especially Mycroft.

Still love the story!

God Bless.
aragonite chapter 5 . 9/7/2008
(gulps)

I could hand in there until the last part, and then I succumbed to horror. Probably the Civil War historian in me. Honestly, your writing is POWERFUL.
DetectiveMarlowe chapter 4 . 8/12/2008
I am glad you decided to do a version of the early life of the Holmes brothers it helps immensley.
quibblequeen chapter 4 . 4/28/2008
I am lost for words.

Side project it may be, but this story is, in my opinion, nothing short of a classic.

Your attention to detail is astounding. We can see the beginnings of everything here-Sherlock's distaste for women,the brothers' talent for reasoning and their ability to be unfazed by the rank and social status of fact that the reader hardly notices the lack of action is in itself a tribute to your excellent writng style.

Please update soon- I look forward to it.
Susicar chapter 4 . 3/25/2008
Only a writer with your talent could make interesting a whole chapter "without" action like this. The deep explorations of the fatherly feelings are very touching (you have my entire attention, i assure you), and the odd motherly feelings, well... bold and witty. Realy well done. Is notewhorty how you can write with such bittlerness this story when isn't here our familiar(and beloved) Marry Ann, this show how good are you altough

change the theme and vision, also when you speak about the same Holme's family.

PS: The only paragraph wich make me cringe a bit was the musings about the religion in Holmes age. I think Holmes's father speak like a man of our Century, with the political correction of our century. In his age our feelings about salvation of men of any religion are very, very strange, the political correction was exactly the opposite, altough perhaps in Holme's family are atheist, agnostics, panteist or whatever... after all, he was a

very "bohemian" and unconventional group, perhaps you are wright...

"all attempts at raising a normal child failed..." Yes, i believe she failed, but if not, we can't enjoy the odd Holmeses so much...
Pompey chapter 4 . 3/17/2008
I'm surprised but pleasantly so to have the POV of Holmes Senior. We hear so little about him overall in fanfics and often he's not exactly dealt with in a positive light.

The extra set of teeth seems so . . . "Mycroft" if you know what I mean. Versus appendicitis which is pretty common and, in a way, sordid. Made ill by a vestigial organ that has no useful function in the modern human.
HumanAbstract chapter 4 . 3/17/2008
I love it. Absolutely love it. I've been waiting for what seems like months for this new chapter, and it doesn't disappoint. Its pretty great. Some really nit-picky spelling errors (sun and son confusion?) but that's really about it. I adore this chapter.
MoonlitPuddle chapter 4 . 3/17/2008
Um, I'm not sure I like the religious undertones in here... don't let Adelaide drift into one of those awful stereotypes, please?

That apart, it was very good, and I'm waiting impatiently for the next part!
Susicar chapter 3 . 2/14/2008
Very well in this new Point of View too. I fear for poor Mycroft... and Sherlock?
Pompey chapter 3 . 2/11/2008
I like seeing Sherrinford's side of things, his character. But poor Mycroft sounded so bad off already, how could he be worsening? (And with what?)
MoonlitPuddle chapter 3 . 2/11/2008
Nice, having it from Sherringford's POV. You like writing about Mycroft, don't you? .
KCS chapter 3 . 2/11/2008
O wow.

There's so many great things about this chapter I can hardly find ways to name them!

I love your characterization of Mycroft as a child - such an insufferable genuis he must have been!

And I'm fascinated - and intrigued - by Sherrinford - I thoroughly am enjoying meeting him.

Anyhow, I love this story! *adds to favorites*
Susicar chapter 2 . 2/9/2008
Well, well, well, i think this was inevitable, with your immense talent, sometime you must "jump" to the larger stories. I see you at last did the step... and the result is excellent, of course. I believe this storie, like it start, could be a landmark in this site (and i don't exaggerat) Thank for sharing, and i hope you could update this one like the former two.