Reviews for One Day at a Time
Hebiaczek chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
I loved how real it seemed. The overwhelming depression countered by his will and determination. Thank you for writing it~
ChosenChild chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
I liked the parallels here. I feel like this one, as much as being about KID is about what has prevented Shinichi from taking that step. I've read a few where Shinichi was suicidal in one way or another. I liked this version, where he's not committed but contemplative. (There's another one where he actually does step off the building and KID catches him and then give Shinichi the number to his therapist, Hakuba, and him.)

When I got to the part about the juggling balls I really enjoyed the fact that he was contemplating bringing Hattori in. It isn't just an added complication. It's KID letting someone he cares about in. Because all of those balls are the people that Kaito loves. Hattori would be an important one too, because if something happened to Hattori... Kudo's already shown that he's depressed. Add the guilt and bang. (Because you know that Kudo would feel guilty.)

Hattori KID team up! (That's just in my head. But they so would.)
10th Squad 3rd Seat chapter 1 . 9/24/2015
Kaito...*Tears up.* The feels are killing me.

D:
Lady of the Shards chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
An interesting style. And so many true words.
PhantomPotterGirl chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
In the words of that one sci-fi show Hakuba likes, "Everybody lives. Just this once, everybody lives."

I am literally holding back tears right now. That reference, that episode is just...

This is just too much, I am in too much awe to say anything really. This was beautiful. I loved this so much. I can't believe you completely...accurate this is, because I think he DOES see it that way, Kaito does see Shinichi as his counterpart, as his equal in ways Hakuba isn't. And just...wow.

I loved this so much.
oceanlover4evr chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
I love the work you do so so much- but this one truly takes the cake, is so exceptional. Not only is it a great companion read and characterization fic, but your quote choice and reading is phenomenal. I love how you describe the relationsip between Kudo and Kuroba- great figurative language. The Last Unicorn quote and Doctor Who one also fit to an eerie degree- and it even makes sense that Hakuba is a fan, since he's half- British!
Columbia chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
It's nice to see a darker truth to the story, one that's not just Conan and KID running around, but makes sense of what they have to face.

Also, the Doctor Who reference is much appreciated!

Thank you for all the wonderful writing!
Hallolo chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Hello!

Great OS with a very good introspection. I love the writing in the 2nd person, it makes it feel so much more personal!

Thank you so much for writing this fic, and all the others (I'm currently reading the DC ones)!

Hallolo
emptyword chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Wow. Do more of these "experimental in style"s! This is my favorite of all your one-shots (that I've read so far).

"He's your counterweight, your reflection, your twin through the looking glass- although jury's still out on which one of you is the evil one." - These few words are so expressive, not least of which the tacked on addendum (so very resonant with Kid's typical snarky implications).

"You've both lost so much to them; too much to say which one of you is luckier. Unlike Kudo, you still have your face, your name, your life; you don't have to answer to an alias, you don't have to stand on a stepstool to brush your teeth, and you will never have to learn the times tables again. But Kudo, if he holds it together, has a chance to get it all back. When this is over, he'll go back to Ran, to his parents, to his mysteries. What They've taken from you... you'll never get that back." - This is painfully true and surprisingly (or not) mature and just a brilliant, well-worded explication of their situations in Venn Diagram style.

"You'd take that thing they wanted more than anything, and you'd take it away forever. You'd open up that pit inside them, and they'd spend the rest of their lives falling, just the way you do." - Powerful, powerful words. I love the way you get into his head with his father's death. I'm in serious danger of superimposing your Kid over canon's.

There is so much I love here I'm hard-pressed not to quote the whole thing back at you. Thanks for sharing it!
puregarnet chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Wow, that's thought provocking.
softdreamer chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
good story

can't say more(although I'm glad that when though it explained his actions you didn't labeled him insane-as is usual in too many fics-, that would have spoiled it in my opinion)
DarkBeta chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
"There are no happy endings; only happy people." Mrs. Pollifax (by way of Dorothy Gilman)

Kaito is happy, in spite of his task, and Conan . . . maybe isn't, in spite of his hopes. i'm thinking Kaito started out a little more well-rounded, maybe because of his mother? who was actually *there*, unlike the Kudos (in spite of not appearing; we'll assume she gets time offstage). at any rate, class clown may not be the most well-adjusted role for a smart boy, but it has to be better than stuck-up kid detective.

thank you for a story (two stories) that really makes one think again about familiar characters.

gratefully,

db
Laptop Newbie chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
It's so deep O.O so touching and beautiful. I really hope you would continue writing such splendid pieces. _
damncritic chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
i liked kaitou here, him being that shaken after learning what shinichi had planned. though i am wondering about the 'drowning in lies' portion, how shinichi had been thrown into his world.

nice still.
LeonaWriter chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
I like these two. I wouldn't mind reading more of the story. But - was that sci-fi show Hakuba watches Doctor Who? *_*