Reviews for Damsel in Distress
Kaosium2 chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
What a wonderful story! I am so glad I discovered it. I'm amazed you haven't gotten more feedback, I registered solely to thank you for writing this, I can't wait to read the next in this series.

I especially liked the character of Craddack. He wasn't a two-dimensional person, in fact I got the impression that he was kind of a faded hero like Mal. Tried to do the right thing and ended up hunted and alone. Great backstory for him.
teasers chapter 15 . 3/22/2008
Really enjoyed the depth you gave jayne. Good job.
RionaEire chapter 15 . 2/25/2008
Cute and a fine story at that. You are a good writer and your story was well-put-together but for a few things which I shall mention momentarily. I liked how it was pre-bdm since I hate the bdm, it has gone from dislike to hate as time has elapsed. Everything is better when Shepherd and Wash are still around. It was neat to see how Vera the beloved came to belong to Jayne and cute to see a softer familial side to him, though that part was slightly hard to believe. At any rate it did explain his hardness if one wants to look at it as being caused by experience and not a charactor trait. Space pirates are always a good thing to add to a story and I havn't seen it done as often as I imagine it would be.

Some problems/inconsistancies:

How was Kaylee able to drag a wounded Zoe and opperate a muel in a getaway scene when her hands were burnt, bandaged and bleeding?

Why did Elle's situation seem a lot like that of Saffron, with the multiple names and all that? But that isn't important and I don't have a problem with you doing it, just wondering if you were concious of it.

Did you forget that River was 14 when she went away to the academy? Its a commonly known fact but you place her at 11 when she entered, a year after her last adventure with Simon.

That being said I intend to read your Osyrus story presently, just make sure River remains touched in the wits, I suspect you'll do that since it is pre-bdm. Its those post-bdm people who have a problem following this cardinal expectation of mine. Just remember "a completely coherant River means writers don't deliver" KatTaya.

You have a nice thing going and I hope your next stories are as satisfactory.
YellowTang chapter 15 . 2/16/2008
I loved Firefly (and Serenity) and all the great characters that Joss created. This story is a great tribute to them. Good plot, action, and finish. I'm looking forward to reading the next story in the series.
NH3 chapter 15 . 2/15/2008
That was extremely good. It did seem like the actual show, and you easily kept the characters in check. I will also look at your other stories.
Carolnma chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
I finished reading this story last night and I wanted to tell you that I enjoyed it very much. There were very few grammer or typographical errors and that made it easier to read. I thought that you really captured the characters quite well and the dialog was very, very good. So many authors overplay Jayne's character and make him too sappy to believe; you managed to avoid that pitfall. You also kept Mal and Anara's interaction just right as well.

I encourage you to continue writing; you have a new fan...

Carol