Reviews for All Bearing Down
Vespera chapter 13 . 8/21/2010
Wow this story is good. I read some of it a couple years ago, but my recently-renewed love for FFXII (spurred by a replay of the awesome game in the wake of my disappointment over FFXIII)has drawn me back to your archive of Balthier/Ashe. I really love how you've explored Ashe's vulnerability, and the strength beneath it. Unlike the first time, she can't count of the love and loyalty of her soldiers or even her kingdom. Everything has been stripped from her by the Occuria. But in losing everything, through her trial she has gained a relationship with Balthier, something she had always dismissed as impossible. Lovely expressions of their mutual affection throughout the story, from mild flirtation to taking reckless risks. Beautiful. Hope you're inspired to continue.
FFXII fanfic Reader chapter 13 . 8/2/2010
I think you did an excellent job with your story and how you plotted the story so far. I believe you captured the characters personality well. You should finish it, this story probably could fit after the sequal Reveant Wings, even though you put your after the game. I dont know what you have planned next but after readin the last chapter made me think Ashe was goin 2 get pregeant and that she would be afraid 2 tell Balthier. Vaan and Penelo probably should end up in the story soon too. i think Fran would be the first 2 find out Ashe is pregeant. News of this might hit Basch as hard as rock. But you did a great job so far and you should finish great.
Lady Sybelle chapter 13 . 4/30/2010
You have to finished it...I dare you _. Your stories took my breath away! Please update more!
RicoRocko91 chapter 13 . 9/9/2009
love the story. you should finish it.
ninquenis chapter 13 . 8/6/2009
Dear god please finish this story. I mean, after leaving us with that amazing scene at the end of chapter 13 ... damn. Please? Even with out that the plot is just amazingly kick ass that it needs to be finished. Seriously.
Marie-0708 chapter 13 . 7/30/2009
hey, new reader here!

i don't know if you're still continuing with this story or not, but please keep writing this; it's really good :D
RaZbOt chapter 13 . 11/16/2008
WOWz0rz! This has definitely got to be a work of the most highest calibre I have read in a VERY long time! It is absoloutely awesome! Relationships and realism to the story line is maintained so well! You write fantastically, please write more soon! BalthierAshe fics - definitely the best!
GoforthAndConquer chapter 13 . 11/14/2008
I love all your stories, but this one is just fantastic. I can't wait to read more. Keep up the good work!
akaiichigo chapter 13 . 9/7/2008
Oh my gosh, this story is so incredible! Love it so much, such an amazing continuity to the game, and it makes sense :D Can't wait to read more chapters!
Menolly Onasi chapter 13 . 6/30/2008
Oh my goodness. All of your Balthier/Ashe faniction is so wonderful! Please please please update this story.
lallipoo chapter 2 . 6/24/2008
Er, can I just add I really like ALL your (FF12) fics?

I haven't signed into for ages, and I read all your fics sometime ago, so I apologize I can't say anything more detailed than that you are the master of writing BalthierAshe.

All Bearing Down is of course a favorite FF12 fic of mine, Heightened my favorite M one shot, and To Catch a Thief so entertaining and funny. I really liked your older chaptered plotty fics (Mind Games and sequel) and I was disappointed to see the sequel had been abandoned. (Please don't abandon All Bearing Down! :D)

Everything is very well written, and you've done so many variations of BalthierAshe it's amazing. I find your one-shots less memorable, but that has a lot to do with the size of my memory and personal preference for more plot and less fluff.

So, yeah, this is pretty vague but basically your stories are awesome XD
lallipoo chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
I'm really liking this :)

The plot is engrossing, and I love the way you use it to delve into Ashe's mind. The way you write her is wonderful, especially when she's running to Balfonheim by herself.

Please continue your work!
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 13 . 5/5/2008
Yay! Basch and Larsa are allies (for the time being ;P)!

Still, even after Loras, it seems that Ashe's still prone to make (albeit more innocent) friends in her now-'wed' incognito guise! Though, however much help the papers will give, I doubt that's going to make for the easiest venture to Draklor! ;)

And yet, the 'adult situation', for all the build-up to it (after all, you've got us hooked on the fact that their relationship definitely centers on the mutual, undying emotional; rather than the sake of the physical behalf), did not disappoint!
River chapter 13 . 5/5/2008
Hello, I have just found your wonderful story. (It figures that I would wander in as soon as you've got a sex chapter -.-) This story is absolutely amazing. It's so utterly realistic and your portrayal of the characters is believable and real. You do an amazing job letting the reader know just what everyone's feeling, especially, of course, Ashe. And this last chapter... dirty ;)

Heh, it was quite emotional at the end, with Balthier saying he loves her. It just my chest swell with emotion. Also, of all places! Very exciting! I really can't wait for the next chapter. Great job!
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 12 . 4/25/2008
"Ashe, what the hell did you do to my books?"

I've been waiting for that moment for *so* long... and you pulled it off gorgeously. XD

Oh Fran! Thank goodness you're okay and back in -smarmy- action! (Though, at this 'taking a punch' talk, I'm quite assured that we should all be more concerned for Basch; as he's the one without 50 years of combat skillz under his belt! ;))

Still, Balthier's initial reaction to the 'Draklor ploy' (and Ashe's general 'blow the heck outta Giruvengan scheme') was portrayed so truthfully to his character (as you always pen him to be ;)). Though, Ashe's conflict of weighing her attentions from Dalmasca, the Occuria, and to Balthier has the most wonderful transitions from ever-hopeful and, on her more pragmatic -and, what she sometimes believes to be realistic- thinking, ultimately futile.

But through it all, she still has an unyielding sense of determination that no being and no event (thusfar) can break.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »