Reviews for JxHQ: Sensory Perception
HQ chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
I LOVED it! The imagery was absolutely amazing! Kudos
x-Goody2Shoes-x chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I really enjoyed this - it was very sensual, and yes I could see similarities to Hannibal but I also agree with what you said in your author's note - the more time spent in the dark, in a cramped cell, will heighten your other senses.

I thought this was a very interesting and fresh take on the Joker's first glimpse of the future Harley Quinn.

Well done!
harleyQdoll chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
nice :]
MochaCocaFan chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Very deep.
funtimevash chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Actually, I thought this was lovely. I'm not sure why people didn't like this. It's wonderfully narrative, and very stream of consciousness, sort of like early james joyce.

Anyway, you have great talent! I've read many of your stories, and this is actually one of my favorites.
mr jokey joke-maker chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Ok whoever sent you flames is an asswipe. There is nothing wrong with this fic at all it's well written and interesting- those ppl are douche bags
Eliza chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
I would very much like to thank you for spelling your eloquent words correctly and for your use of excellent grammar. I enjoyed your story and I'm glad that you didn't deviate from The Joker's character. I am in awe of your writing talent, especially because you are a fanfiction writer; not many fanfictions sound as good as yours. Also, your intelligence is reflected in your observance of confined sociopaths; their senses are often heightened after longer periods of confinement. Again, thank you.

-Eliza
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
You should never neglect the ratings! This needs to be rated T, not rated K . The ratings really matter when it comes to what people are trying to find and read!
The vagina master chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
Too many similes and metaphors. I lost track of what they were all referring to ages ago. And:

"The gooey softness of her tenderness was sticky and moist as chocolate pudding; reminiscent of another part of her he hadn't touched yet but knew she wanted him to."

I don't recommend using the word gooey in a sexual sentence. Especially when referring to what squirts out of someone's vag. Gooey usually means there's something wrong with the ol' va jay jay; yeast, dehydration, etc.

The end was good, but the rest was pretentious, and not in a particularly good way that that.
Kay-sama chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
*applauds* my mind...it has gone *kablooey* with all the description...tis lovely. Yes it was a little lectery with the airhole thing, but truly it would be the only way for him to "smell" so I htink the comparison is consequential. Very good, rich with effluvescent depiction, splendid read.
Bardess of Avon chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
How can you people say this was too metaphory? Even though that's not a word. But whatever. The point IS:

I LOVED THIS! I'll admit, I haven't faithfully watched Batman since I was I think preschool age, but after you posted Herlikin, I started looking at your fics, and one thing led to another, and I fell in love with the JokerHarley ship.

The descriptions of Harley, excuse me, Harleen, were just...wow. I sat there, stunned, amazed that someone could so eloquently (and so perfectly) describe one woman. I just...I can't find words to put my feelings into! Which is rare, considering how often I talk.

I liked how this seemed Hannibal Lecter reminescent; you can draw many paraellels between the two! The similarities aren't that far apart, really.

So, thus concludes my review. I hope it inspired you to write more pieces like this ;)
Kigan chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
I agree that Joker is very very Hannibal Lecter like in this story, may or may not be a good thing, but I for one don't mind too much. The detail, however, is amazing as always. :)
Gladrial10 chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
It adopted clinical dispassion in careful, modulated tones that it wore like an ill-fitting dress.

I love this line!

Brand new, she looked, as though she had been made just that very morning,

This is a really interesting bit because it kinda touches on the idea that he believes that the universe really does revolve around him and individuals only exsist for his enjoyment.

Velvety soft she was, squishy beneath his palpitating fingertips, the frantic workings of her tawdry brain fluttering in his cupped hands like a butterfly he'd ensnared.

At this point you started getting too metaphory for me. It's all very pretty and I'm sure someone that dug poetry would love it. I, however, have no taste for poetry and my mind started to wander off. lol It has such a small attention span, you know.
The Satyricon chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
Fantastic study! Rich descriptions and very tangible!
Uschi chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
The descriptions were a bit abstract toward the end. It's also not along the same lines I would suppose Joker would take imo, being all smitten with her for any reason at the start. And the Hannible Lector stuff was a bit too much to just be allusion, more like taken. I don't really dig it, but that's alright. Thanks for posting it anyhow.