Reviews for Personal Effects
thebondgirl chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
i loved it! - what an awesome fic! - short, and sweet, and everything it should be...

terrific work!
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
So this is basically so simple and so amazing. I read this at work on my phone (i get the internet e!) and I seriously thought I was going to cry. I felt my heart breaking. Of course my phone won't let me review stories so I had to wait until I got home to do so.

So here it goes!

My mom hugged me and told me not to worry, whilst my daddy just looked at me, sad and resigned.

-'sad and resigned' perfect adjectives here.

He always looked so tired when he came back and sometimes he looked hurt too.

I asked him once if he missed America, missed his home and he shrugged, an arm tight around my shoulder. “This is my home now sweet pea,” he said, rough and scratchy, “with you and mom.”

-TOO cute how you had him say 'sweet pea.' I absolutely adored it. And the description about his voice.

“What did the man look like?” he asked, soft and gentle, and I told him.

I never expected him to cry like that.

-*cries too* oh dean!

“if you had only done it when he asked you to – we wouldn’t be here now ...“He was my brother.” Daddy stated, “he saved my life – he – he saved my soul – how was I to know…” he trailed off

-So these parts really got to me. Especiall was Dean says "he WAS my brother"... so sad..

That was the last time I saw him alive.

-My heart hurt.

When the call ended she took me in her arms and sobbed like she were the child and I the parent.

-Love this sentence.

The last photograph was of daddy, looking handsome and young, standing in front of an old roadhouse, another man next to him, long and slim, taller than daddy, hazel eyes sparkling and warm.

They always ask about my daddy and I tell them he was a hero, that he saved the world that he saved me.

It is all I know and all I will ever know.

That is enough.

This ending was superb. Really loved this, and I can't believe how much emotion you can produce from such a short piece of work! Thank you so much for sharing! I loved it!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
I was okay until I realised Dean's daughter might be in England because her mom was English - and then I had a horrible Bela moment and thought - NO! She wouldn't do that to us!

So even if Bela was Mom, I'm not going to read it that way because I loved it just the way it was! Ooh, the shadow of Evil!Sam hanging over Dean's family...

I loved how you started it - with the narrator being four, you automatically expect it to be Dean talking. And the ending was just mysterious enough to make you think for a while - so did Dean go back and kill Evil!Sam? Did Dean go back and get killed by Evil!Sam? Questions questions...
LorGilFan chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
I liked it sometimes getting to the point is better than a long story. This was one of those were I wasn't sure if it were Dean or Sam that was the daddy. Very sad but very nice One shot. Hey still waiting for you at the Fic archive :)
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
Aww. So sweet and sad.
nicklebackfan chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
raelly good, keep up the good work
Valtira chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
Ok, that said - I need more - how about the meeting. You can't just leave us hanging. Well you could but I hope you won't.
ROBINV chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
A marvelous story, definitely a tearjerker! Beautiful job! Love, Robin
Annon chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
Okay apparently I should look at the character designations before I read a story. I really thought that the Dad was Sam until the yellow eyed demon was tall with shaggy hair. I like that Dean still found things to hunt in England. Did he end up with Bella?
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
Uh, that was so powerful and heartbreaking! Wow! I'm speechless.
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 2/4/2008