Reviews for The Magic Life of Walter Mitty
Pocketa
Rosa Mundi chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Cute. :)
Fille de Tsuki chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
Cute! And less depressing than the original. I feel that Walter might be a budding Gary-Stu author, yet somehow I like him anyways.

Even special magical children have dreams of being more special and magical. (_)
nljfs chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Hi there,

I just found your work (on CompletedHPfics yahoo group) and I'm enjoying them all, and telling all my friends to read them.

Thanks for writing them, I'm glad I stumbled onto one of them!

nancy in chicago
sparky40sw chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
great job of matching the 'stream of consciousness' feel of Thurber's work, and the not unlikely dreams of a similiar character at hogwarts.

thanks
cccahill18 chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
I had to read the short story The Secret Life of Walter Mitty for English class, and I actually found this more enjoyable with the Harry Potter edge. Very interesting to read, a very good impression of Walter.

-Hannah
NightRain2 chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
Having realized that Plagenet is REALLY over, I thought I would check out the other things you have written.

All I can really say about this story is that I was disappointed when it ended. It seemed like an interesting beginning. _

I loved the sound you used to open and close the different scenes. The contrast between his mind and reality was great. All in all an interesting character.
Harriet chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
Hehe, this is very funny. Again, not a character I know but one I can easily imagine from this short story. It's cool.

Harriet

(Check all your stories for reviews - I've decided each story gets at least one from me. Of course, if they've already had one they won't get a second. I'm too lazy for that!)
solemnpessimist chapter 1 . 5/1/2002
I love this! I read the Secret Life of Walter Mitty a couple months back and this is so cute! Awesome idea!
A Rose By Any Other Name chapter 1 . 4/27/2002
I like it. Whoever said that your writing waw useless is just... well, wrong. It's very, very good. Write more. A lot more!

~Stef
Grizabella chapter 1 . 4/8/2002
Hmm.. What is Walter Mitty from? If it's a book or something, I'd like to see it. Please email the answer! Thanks.
Mark chapter 1 . 12/18/2001
Mmm, this is a nice little story. I've read "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" before but it's so depressing how it keeps insisting that the fantasy isn't real. I think I like this one more because even though your Walter Mitty is a similar fantasizer, he's still in a fantasy even when he snaps out of it. Plus yours is shorter and ends on a cheery note. I didn't notice the style either. This is very well done.
summersun chapter 1 . 11/28/2001
cool!
Badtz chapter 1 . 9/17/2001
Hmm, very interesting. I remember I read that story last year and I think you did a good job using the same style as the author did. Very Walter Mitty-rific. It does take a bit of talent to write something like this, especially when using a writing style that's not your own. (and sticking to it.)
Giesbrecht chapter 1 . 9/17/2001
Oh, I like that. And I can understand. I think I've daydreamed through enough lessons myself. Well written and witty!